The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: May 6th, 2014

• Johnny OlaJohnny Ola301,690
    Posted on 06 May 14 at 23:24Permalink
    Just as well. I don't really have any money to spend on vidja games right now.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo252,581
    Posted on 06 May 14 at 23:40Permalink
    AU$37 for Fable Anniversary? Mmmmm, still not cheap enough!

As for Fez, I found that to be a wonderful game, well worth any price tag.
    'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
  • Posted on 06 May 14 at 23:51Permalink
    oLachlan said:
    Garbage sales once again, shame on you microsoft. Fable anniversary's been out for months so it should be much cheaper
    Yeah, a game that's just 3 months old as of the 4th should be on sale for 9.99. Shame on you Miscroshaft!!1!!!!one
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 May 14 at 00:23Permalink
    Transformers WfC is still a whopping £16.00 USED on Amazon - this is a terrific deal and you should exploit it while you can!
    Let me find peace in my own heart and save me from my enemies.
  • Free RiegnFree Riegn460,647
    Posted on 07 May 14 at 00:31Permalink
    Anyone have any input on "Scourge"... mechanics look like "Gears".
  • Posted on 07 May 14 at 05:58Permalink
    Fez appears to be a good deal...

I only worry that Microsoft will give it away in the coming months. Microsoft Studios was the publisher on this...

I've been pretty lucky so far, but Dust: An Elysian Tail just got me. I need to pay more attention to the publisher of games I buy on sale now. Then again, let's say I don't pull the trigger on a sale price and then it's never given away through GWG or it never goes on sale again... AHG! The unknown!
  • Posted on 07 May 14 at 09:21Permalink
    JamP0und32 said:
    If you don't buy the transformers games at that price you're a fool.
    Not subtle - but accurate in my opinion! smile

There really is a lot of game there in those two titles at that price, I think it's a great deal.
  • matdanmatdan701,025
    Posted on 07 May 14 at 09:23Permalink
    Gorgoleon said:
    JamP0und32 said:

There really is a lot of game there in those two titles at that price, I think it's a great deal.
    Not really FoC can be got cheaper on disc. If you haven't played WFC awesome deal cannot seem to get into FoC just doesn't seem as fun as WFC.
  • Posted on 07 May 14 at 10:20Permalink
    Eh, when are the real sales going to start?
  • Posted on 07 May 14 at 12:07Permalink
    Nothing interesting. shock
    No matter what you do, people will always hate. The good thing about it is that they will get over it and move on.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 May 14 at 17:05, Edited on 07 May 14 at 17:06 by Permalink
    matdan12 said:
    Gorgoleon said:
    JamP0und32 said:

Not really FoC can be got cheaper on disc. If you haven't played WFC awesome deal cannot seem to get into FoC just doesn't seem as fun as WFC.
    Speak for yourself, over here I can get both games on disc for double this price or more.
    I believe in a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
  • AFatalTouchAFatalTouch217,460 217,460 GamerScore
    Posted on 07 May 14 at 18:50Permalink
    Will probally pick up Fez!
  • Posted on 07 May 14 at 20:00Permalink
    I really want to like Fez. It's charming, and its hidden lore sounds like it would be interesting, but playing it? I just felt bored.

I grabbed Scourge: Outbreak because although I don't really like shooters, £1.60 isn't going to break the bank, and I've had very good luck with cheap impulse purchases lately--Prison Architect, Shadowrun Returns and Dust: An Elysian Trial, in particular.
  • C4B0S3C4B0S3325,523
    Posted on 07 May 14 at 20:30Permalink
    I'm buying Peggle 2 instead, even for the full price of 10€ its a steal!
  • Posted on 07 May 14 at 21:12Permalink
    EMPATH1C MIM1C said:
    If I pick up Fall of Cybertron, does that mean Microsoft will give it away for free in a few weeks?
    lol, it's a definite possibility. A handful of times now GwG has been a game that I bought on sale somewhat recently so I've been sticking mostly to buying DLC when it's on sale instead of games.
    Each One Teach One
  • Posted on 08 May 14 at 08:38Permalink
    • Sacred Citadel - 75% discount
    It's mine smile
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,438,195
    Posted on 08 May 14 at 10:07Permalink
    Probably pick up scourge and sacred citadel. Love when games are under $5. Nice little detours.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • Posted on 08 May 14 at 11:36, Edited on 08 May 14 at 11:38 by Storminator16Permalink
    Gorgoleon said:
    JamP0und32 said:

+1 for both. Excellent deals for two excellent "pseudo-generation 1" Transformers games.

I didn't mind picking up Fez at that price as well.
  • Posted on 08 May 14 at 11:52Permalink
    Hey guys what's "Transformers: War For Cybertron" like? Is it a easy completion or not?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 May 14 at 22:04, Edited on 08 May 14 at 22:05 by Permalink
    TheTrollinNooB said:
    Hey guys what's "Transformers: War For Cybertron" like? Is it a easy completion or not?
    To my experience, any game that manages to get a TA score below a 2.0 ratio is perfectly do-able for people with enough of a drive to want ti see it through. Goes double for the Transformers games sincethey have a bunch of multiplayer achievements and still manage to stay below the 2.0 mark.

Anyways I bought them both after only looking at the screenshots and the reviews. I tried a bit of War, and my opinion is, it's a bit confusing without any sort of guidance at the start (how do I reload? Do I get to pick up multiple weapons? Why can't I get more ammo?), but it seems like the kinda game I'll lpve when I really get into it. Seems like vintage Transformers, and I can see it without nostalgia spectacles on since I was never a hardcore fan, only seen a couple of episodes.

Note: I do find the total lack of gameplay introduction refreshing though.
    I believe in a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.