Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Shrek-n-Roll Delisted From XBLA

• BytyqiBytyqi776,427
    Posted on 01 May 13 at 23:23
    1163 gamers, not 1161. :P
    Yes, I'm the one they call the Fable-guy.
  • LAFTALAFTA548,618
    Posted on 01 May 13 at 23:30
    Didn't this get removed once before?
    www.youtube.com/LAFTA
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator266,964
    Posted on 02 May 13 at 00:00
    I'm still wishing I had bought the Battlestar Galactica game...also that Star Wars Hoth game for the WP7
  • Dakrkplayer2Dakrkplayer21,134,838
    Posted on 02 May 13 at 02:14
    I wish I had WP7 back when come out. So I can get some cool games that where good. but did make it myself too.
  • Fariko LympFariko Lymp116,387
    Posted on 02 May 13 at 03:50
    Why don't they have a "closing down"sale. 50MSP for the last week a game is available?
    I love to play games :)
  • SkelixSkelix1,336,906
    Posted on 02 May 13 at 04:14
    ^ Then no one would ever buy it until right before the license ran out.
  • matdanmatdan796,028
    Posted on 02 May 13 at 06:15
    Skelix said:
    ^ Then no one would ever buy it until right before the license ran out.
    Not really these are games that already sell badly due to bad pricing, poor publicity and/or small target audience. Not the sort of games that large amounts of people will hang around for the off chance of getting it uber cheap.
  • MaesenkoMaesenko314,213
    Posted on 02 May 13 at 08:38
    I know I never would have bought this game unless I was given notice of a pending removal. Then i would have bought it, plowed through it for a completion boost, and let it sot on my console until I needed the space or another local gamer wanted to get the achievements.

Guess this saves me all that trouble, eh?
  • Posted on 02 May 13 at 13:04
    Kind of a good point, Maesenko. I'm not sure if Major Nelson posts when games are about to get de-listed, but it would be nice to get some sort of automated message like a week or two before. Not that I for sure would have bought this if they'd given us one, but I'm pretty sure there have been other games delisted in the past that I might have bought.

I thought about buying this on like a dozen separate occasions and always decided against, so I can't really be that upset the chance is gone.
  • Posted on 02 May 13 at 14:16
    iG x Jei said:
    I guess they removed it because nobody was ogrezealous to play it.
    Superb!!!
    www.xbox360forums.co.uk
  • HILL5IZEHILL5IZE1,333,390 1,333,390 GamerScore
    Posted on 02 May 13 at 15:28
    I have this game on my HDD.
  • Posted on 02 May 13 at 16:05
    no real lost, no worries, one game i do miss though Street of Rage 2 with its full 200 achievements it got removed on xbox live 2 days before i was gonna buy it :(

but anyhow we got the street of rage collection so i guess i can't complaint to much, since i completed it :P
  • MichelMichel968,642
    Posted on 02 May 13 at 17:15
    DigiLuigi said:
    No, you can't have that many MS points on your profile. The maximum is well below that I believe.
    No shit! Sherlock
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 May 13 at 17:20
    HILL5IZE said:
    I have this game on my HDD.
    well aren't you the special one now!!?
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
  • Posted on 02 May 13 at 17:42
    While this isnt a game I would of purchased under normal prices/circumstances, im curious as to why they dont do a "once its gone its gone" gimmick for due to be delisted games.

Spread the word that the game has been greatly reduced due to it being delisted in a days/weeks time. Make it something like 100 MSP (inform that the game wont be updated anymore) and see what happens. How many people have bought a game due it being cheaper then what they would pay for it? Im sure they would make a bit of money out of it.
  • NeverUnluckyNeverUnlucky242,216
    Posted on 02 May 13 at 22:45
    ^Bright
    Beat the best, Own the rest.
  • DigiLuigiDigiLuigi400,802
    Posted on 02 May 13 at 23:10
    LT3 MichMasteR said:
    DigiLuigi said:
    No, you can't have that many MS points on your profile. The maximum is well below that I believe.
    No shit! Sherlock
    I mistook a statement for a question. No need to be like that...
  • Posted on 03 May 13 at 00:49
    Crazy idea. Y'know how no one's gamerscore has been updating on xbox.com lately? I've developed a perhaps somewhat ridiculous theory that this game was the lynchpin to the entire XBL system. I say we lobby to get it back, just to see if it works. Then we dump it again, but do it right or whatever. It's not really planned out, I'm pretty new at conspiracy theories.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo262,162
    Posted on 03 May 13 at 10:40
    YA BILLY said:
    I was lucky enough to buy this game previously and 100% it. I can safely say this game sucks.
    If this were a review, i would still give it 5 stars smile
    'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN348,975
    Posted on 03 May 13 at 17:45, Edited on 03 May 13 at 17:48 by FOKENWOLFEN
    LifeGam3r said:
    Kinda like how kind the game-industry is =)

Hey guys, we're gonna delist *put name of game here* in about a month from now so pick it up while you still can.
    ^In my dreams.

Hey guys, thanks for all the money, we delisted *put name from game here* so FU and have a great day.
    ^Reality
    Actually SEGA did it with a pair of games... SEGA RALLY and OUTRUN Online Arcade. OHHH and both went on sale before being removed.

The thing is... I think I never saw that Shrek game on the Marketplace. The only one I wanted was that Konami Red Bull bike game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.