Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

NHL 12 Shows Another Legends Trailer

• Posted on 14 August 11 at 16:07
    Two more hall of famers announced

Last week, we brought you the news of a legends roster featured in the upcoming EA Sports release, NHL 12. The trailer they released had teased Mario Lemieux, and of course Wayne Gretzky as playable characters for fans of the series.

Now, EA Sports has shown fans a few more characters in a second legends trailer which brings back The Great One and also reveals Ray Bourque and Chris Chelios.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rBBd7nUFzk

The trailer also tells fans what can be done with these legends. In addition to a new Legends Mode which has not yet been detailed by EA, you can also put your legends on any current roster and find legends cards in Ultimate Team Mode.

If you thought the Boston Bruins were good this year, just wait until Ray Bourque is back on their D-line. If your Ultimate Team needs a boost, you just might find one in the form of a Wayne Gretzky card.

With this trailer and the previous one, now gamers have the identities of five legends in the new game mode. Seemingly, there will be a roster of nine if the silhouettes in the trailer are representative of the whole roster.

NHL 12 skates into your Xbox 360 next month - September 9th across Europe and September 13th in North America.

Credit goes to Hustlinonradio for this story
  • Posted on 14 August 11 at 17:47
    Ray Bourque FTW!
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin572,415
    Posted on 14 August 11 at 18:25
    Is Chelios really a legend though based on all the Detroit/Chicago players? And if i really wanted to play as him i would just play NHL 08 again -__- (and i think he was in 09 too)
  • Posted on 14 August 11 at 18:38
    Hustlinonradio said:
    Is Chelios really a legend though based on all the Detroit/Chicago players? And if i really wanted to play as him i would just play NHL 08 again -__- (and i think he was in 09 too)
    Chris Chelios is the greatest American-born defenseman of all time. He absolutely belongs in a "Legends" category.
    In Soviet Russia, game plays you!
    Posted on 14 August 11 at 18:46
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • Exia Of WarExia Of War116,687
    Posted on 14 August 11 at 18:48
    Can't imagine how easy it is to light the lamp with Gretzky and other Legends, basically since they must be overall 99 or close to it.
    Posted on 14 August 11 at 18:55, Edited on 14 August 11 at 18:59 by DJB Hustlin
    Hemskinator said:
    Can't imagine how easy it is to light the lamp with Gretzky and other Legends, basically since they must be overall 99 or close to it.
    I wont be surprised if Gretzky may at least be a 97 i think more due to his defense and lack of aggressiveness but apart from that i totally agree

EDIT: Well looking back at the trailer it shows the UT Card for #24 and he is only rated 86 Overall.
  • StrangawrathStrangawrath255,144
    Posted on 14 August 11 at 21:23
    can't wait for this
  • Posted on 14 August 11 at 21:51
    I'll try this out
  • Posted on 14 August 11 at 22:35
    They should add the whole Oilers Dynasty team from before Gretzky's trade, I would love to play a season through with them.
  • Posted on 15 August 11 at 00:39
    Hope to buy if its really good all i have is 10 and soon no online play which is sad
  • Posted on 15 August 11 at 01:15
    osubluejacket said:
    Hustlinonradio said:
    Chris Chelios is the greatest American-born defenseman of all time. He absolutely belongs in a "Legends" category.
    But he's nowhere near the greatest American player ever.
    The best thing about him was his longevity.

Modano and Tkachuk were both more skilled players.
    I honestly don't think of him when I think "Legend" myself.
  • NufftingzNufftingz516,103
    Posted on 15 August 11 at 03:44
    Greatzky cant be a 99 dude scored 200 points in a session 3 times 163 assist in one season and 92 goals in another he needs to be higher. they need to put mike bossy in this game also greatest goal scorer ever.
    Nufftingz has spoken
  • BeachemBeachem653,718
    Posted on 15 August 11 at 05:31
    This is looking great! I really need to play a new gen hockey game besides 2K6. I'll keep this on my radar. Don't really want to spend a lot of money on DLC and what not
  • Posted on 15 August 11 at 11:36
    Nufftingz said:
    Greatzky cant be a 99 dude scored 200 points in a session 3 times 163 assist in one season and 92 goals in another he needs to be higher. they need to put mike bossy in this game also greatest goal scorer ever.
    I think the *tiny* thing that would keep The Great One from being a 99 would be his lack of a physical game... Gordie Howe, on the other hand...

Smurfquake said:
    osubluejacket said:
    Hustlinonradio said:
    But he's nowhere near the greatest American player ever.
    The best thing about him was his longevity.

Modano and Tkachuk were both more skilled players.
    I honestly don't think of him when I think "Legend" myself.
    I think Modano and Tkachuk can get lost in the (higher number) of great American forwards. I would even put Brett Hull above both of those guys.

When it comes to American defenseman, you've got Chelios, Phil Housley, Brian Leetch... and that's about it for "greatness". Chelios is probably the best rounded of all three of those guys balancing offense plus grit and toughness. I also don't see his longevity as a knock, because he continued to contribute at a high level well into his 40's (like Gordie Howe). Unlike some baseball players who hang on five years longer than they should have, Chelios might not have been "at his peak" in those final years (especially the last one), but he was still an above-average contributor on those late Red Wings teams.
    In Soviet Russia, game plays you!
  • Posted on 15 August 11 at 14:23
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
    H.I.V---{FLTG}---{RiverDale}---C.PECK---{RiverDale}---{FLTG}---H.I.V
  • DRedWingsDJYDRedWingsDJY102,726
    Posted on 15 August 11 at 17:40
    Still hoping for Yzerman and Howe...
  • LargeRichardLargeRichard174,490
    Posted on 19 August 11 at 20:20
    Ray Bourque. GUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH I just orgasmed.
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM111,609
    Posted on 23 August 11 at 14:12
    Psh, they had me at Wayne Gretzky.
    "War does not determine who is right, only who is left." -Bertrand Russell
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads