Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

August Gets More Monthly Permanent XBL Reductions

• LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,213,550
    Posted on 16 August 12 at 23:02
    Dog of Thunder said:
    Defenders of Ardania is one of the most bland, boring Tower Defense titles I've played (and I completed Crystal Defenders...). There's just something off about it that makes the whole package seem....strange. I don't know how to really put it, but the game is simply dull despite all the activity taking place.
    You forgot to mention half the achievements will probably glitch and you'll have to use the USB trick in the solutions to have a chance at getting it.

It's also laggy as shit. It's not even worth the sale price. Avoid like fuck.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's...strategically placed."
  • Posted on 16 August 12 at 23:07
    Why not the Horse DLC from Oblivion...HATERS!!! ;o.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?mpid=44788 Read please :3
  • RedDeadKBIIRedDeadKBII392,783
    Posted on 16 August 12 at 23:23
    I like the idea, I just hope they continue this trend.
  • Big EllBig Ell1,369,674
    Posted on 16 August 12 at 23:39
    Flyboy80498 said:
    gohan2988 said:
    VitaminG311 said:
    Finally a price drop on shivering isles. Why have dlc for $30, when you can buy the game of the year edition for $20?
    Why still have DLC at the same price point as the GOTY Edition? I guess it could be good for the really late adopters or those who bought the double pack with Fallout 3.
    Or... it could be a tax on convenience. If I am playing a game, and want DLC, do I want to stop playing, get dressed appropriately to go out to a store, find my keys, start the car, drive to GameStop, buy the DLC or whatever is cheaper, bullshit around with my friends there for 30 or more minutes, probably in the process buying 2 - 4 other games that I don't need OR do I just want to save myself the trouble and pay an extra $10 online? I usually choose option 2 unless I REALLY need to go out to a store that day.
    A) Not everyone gets a windfall of cash daily like somebody I know.
    B) This game is 6 years old, the DLC should not be $15, let alone $30.
  • matdanmatdan800,294
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 01:09
    gohan2988 said:
    VitaminG311 said:
    Finally a price drop on shivering isles. Why have dlc for $30, when you can buy the game of the year edition for $20?
    Why still have DLC at the same price point as the GOTY Edition? I guess it could be good for the really late adopters or those who bought the double pack with Fallout 3.
    I still haven't play Oblivion. : (
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,422,406
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 01:47
    Good to know, I'll grab Shuggy at some point.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,176,376
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 02:59
    Picked up the EURO DLC recently, and now I've got an additional two discontinued achievements on my card. It's still a bit too early to tell, but it looks like EA has stopped posting challenges for the EURO side of the game, so you can't get that achievement or the one for beating all game modes.
    I miss the good old days of WW2 Call of Duty
  • GottleGottle816,777
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 03:17
    @xPut Name Herex
    you never learn EA lesson, do you? smile
  • ixOWNxAGExiixOWNxAGExi155,422
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 04:02
    I NuII I said:
    Reductions are always great smile
    +1
    The need to re-achieve. Redemption at its best.
  • I Ebon Hawk II Ebon Hawk I1,939,529
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 06:21
    I'm wondering why the Stranglehold DLC is still 1200 points and has never been on sale, as far as I know. It came out in 2007. The online has been dead for years and the DLC consists of online maps. I don't know why anyone would pay full price for it.
  • Posted on 17 August 12 at 08:01
    Nothing really interesting in there :/ was hoping for some mass effect 2 DLC or something like that, always next time I guess.
    !!.DA CYBER SQUAD.!!
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude720,579
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 08:19
    I'm considering Shuggy. However the local co-op puts me off.
  • Posted on 17 August 12 at 08:52
    I think you should get it! People online are annoying anyways. :)
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo263,540
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 10:35
    Shuggy for 400MP? Tempting...
    'If at first you don't succeed, you fail' GLaDOS
  • Big EllBig Ell1,369,674
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 11:17
    Jake2355 said:
    I'm considering Shuggy. However the local co-op puts me off.
    Get one of the other 2354 Jakes to help you? Seriously, no friends or family will play with you? That's pretty sad. Get off TA and go meet some people.
  • Posted on 17 August 12 at 11:28
    I am excited the Saints Row the Third DLC is half off until 8/19/12. I don't normally buy DLC but when I do, I get it on SALE! clap
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon471,597
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 11:54
    Shuggy for 400MSP? Sign me up!
    I am what I am, and that's all that I am
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye191,425
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 12:29
    Joker De Pablo said:
    I am excited the Saints Row the Third DLC is half off until 8/19/12. I don't normally buy DLC but when I do, I get it on SALE! clap
    The most interesting man in the world

These are nice but if i ever get around to playing oblivion I will probably just get the GotY disc anyway.
  • Posted on 17 August 12 at 12:30
    No Horse Armor? I'm shocked! j/k
  • The Fury I84IThe Fury I84I1,626,538
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 13:31
    I bought The Adventures of Shuggy 2 months ago at full price and didn't regret. I really recommend this game at such low price.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.