Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

August Gets More Monthly Permanent XBL Reductions

• XonatronXonatron181,405
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 13:51
    The Adventures of Shuggy is greatly overlooked... check it out for sure. An indie developer friend of mine made it. Congrats to him for making XBLA.
    Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
  • Zer0eZer0e573,410
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 14:49
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Picked up the EURO DLC recently, and now I've got an additional two discontinued achievements on my card. It's still a bit too early to tell, but it looks like EA has stopped posting challenges for the EURO side of the game, so you can't get that achievement or the one for beating all game modes.
    I hate to sound like a jerk, but if you care about achievements, completion %, or just completing games overall, then DON'T buy any EA sports games.
    I'm gonna ninja you!!
  • BeachemBeachem504,422
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 16:10
    Awesome! I'll definitely have to pick up Iron Brigade at some point
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • zHalcyonDayszHalcyonDays347,019
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 16:18
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Picked up the EURO DLC recently, and now I've got an additional two discontinued achievements on my card. It's still a bit too early to tell, but it looks like EA has stopped posting challenges for the EURO side of the game, so you can't get that achievement or the one for beating all game modes.
    Wow, that's disgusting. I genuinely feel bad for you. For all the people saying he should learn his "EA lesson", well, it's not like the DLC came out a year ago is it? It's not like he put off doing the game until the day before servers are closed.

In an ideal world EA would fuck off toast
  • Posted on 17 August 12 at 18:09
    I just picked up "The Adventures of Shuggy" two months ago. I still have yet to play it.

Ah, well, I only wasted about $5 by not waiting for a price reduction. Kicking myself over something like this is pointless.
  • ElyohElyoh926,888
    Posted on 18 August 12 at 04:08
    All this talk about Shuggy, after looking it up I'm tempted. For only 400 points it seems a steal!
  • MakkeMakke518,781
    Posted on 18 August 12 at 19:32
    Oh, I might get The Adventures of Shuggy now, it's very tempting.
  • GottleGottle818,412
    Posted on 19 August 12 at 01:34
    zMiseryBusiness said:
    For all the people saying he should learn his "EA lesson", well, it's not like the DLC came out a year ago is it? It's not like he put off doing the game until the day before servers are closed.

I said this because we were in the same boat with fifa 11, with server closing in a month.

I wasn't blaming him.
  • SanadaSanada685,195
    Posted on 19 August 12 at 16:55
    About time Shivering Isles went on sale, can pick that one up on disc with the full game for cheaper than it's price before this cut.
    I may or may not have been Izuna Dropped on my head as a child.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,177,197
    Posted on 19 August 12 at 17:13
    Gottle said:
    zMiseryBusiness said:
    For all the people saying he should learn his "EA lesson", well, it's not like the DLC came out a year ago is it? It's not like he put off doing the game until the day before servers are closed.

I said this because we were in the same boat with fifa 11, with server closing in a month.

I wasn't blaming him.
    That was FIFA 09 Ultimate Team we were rushing to beat with a month to spare. Come on, you gotta keep your specific reasons to hate EA straight! wink

I've at least cleaned up almost everything else in FIFA 12 online, so it's really all about hoping they make another challenge sometime. I could see it happening when some of the World Cup qualifying matches occur.
    I miss the good old days of WW2 Call of Duty
  • Posted on 20 August 12 at 09:56
    if you don't have shuggy, quit reading this and go buy it. 5 bucks is a steal.
  • GottleGottle818,412
    Posted on 22 August 12 at 13:08, Edited on 22 August 12 at 13:08 by Gottle
    xPut Name Herex said:
    That was FIFA 09 Ultimate Team we were rushing to beat with a month to spare. Come on, you gotta keep your specific reasons to hate EA straight! wink
    You're right, sorry, but EA is closing too many servers, it's hard to keep a track smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.