Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Walkthrough Discussion

• LuckyKantLuckyKant447,894
    Posted on 19 February 18 at 08:12, Edited on 19 February 18 at 22:28 by LuckyKantPermalink
    I apologise but go proofread it then. You clearly stated that you have not done anything to warrant credit on this. Whoever was the overseer on this needs removing from credit. A lot of overseers work hard and this is a mockery.
  • ClownTasticClownTastic703,000
    Posted on 19 February 18 at 08:37, Edited on 19 February 18 at 08:38 by ClownTasticPermalink
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    I apologise but go proofread it then. You clearly stated that you have not done anything to warrant credit on this. Whoever was the overseer on this needs removing from credit. A lot of overseers work hand and this is a mockery.
    In Bats defence being an Overseer isn't about getting 'credit' for anything, each walkthrough must have an Overseer regardless of their level of input.. Spiral was initially the only staff member assigned to the walkthrough and I'm guessing he added Bats to it after it was already published so it would make sense that Bats wouldn't feel the need to go over himself. Either way a few grammatical errors here and there is really not that big a deal. The walkthrough does the job it was made to do, the rest can be fixed.
    Posted on 19 February 18 at 09:02Permalink
    A few? laugh

I know the walkthrough does its job, as we discussed in PM but the number of errors needs fixing.

I will continue to post them here, as requested and let you know when I am done.
    This post may be sarcastic.
    Posted on 19 February 18 at 09:47Permalink
    I know they need fixing. The overall point was that there is no need to speak to anyone the way you did or be condescending.

LuckyConquerer2 said:
    I apologise but go proofread it then. You clearly stated that you have not done anything to warrant credit on this. Whoever was the overseer on this needs removing from credit. A lot of overseers work hand and this is a mockery.
    As you can see it's pretty easy to make a mistake. Even when writing short sentences and editing the post at least once before so imagine writing a few thousand words.
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,139,243
    Posted on 19 February 18 at 09:54Permalink
    Lucky, lets stop this before I start deleting comments. There may be grammatical errors but this is not the way to go about your point.
    Posted on 19 February 18 at 14:55, Edited on 19 February 18 at 15:03 by LuckyKantPermalink
    So I can't even ask a question to the author?

I merely asked if Clown wants me to help or not?

I won't submit any further feedback on this WT.

Danger, please add me as a contributor to this WT and Clown or Batman can copy the fixes I have noted.
    This post may be sarcastic.
    Posted on 19 February 18 at 22:07Permalink
    I've got no problem with you helping, just with a bit less of the attitude that came with it.
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,139,243
    Posted on 20 February 18 at 13:02Permalink
    This is why I said I would start deleting posts. Like clown said, it's fine to submit feedback. But you've gone about it with the wrong attitude so if you're going to post further changes feel free to do so in a better manner.
  • Serge GoujonSerge Goujon399,684
    Posted on 04 September 18 at 12:36Permalink
    In my case going for Thrower ability ended up in nothing, since after talking to Thirteen and accepting throwing knives competition against Ves -- I hardly finished reading the game's rules when two angry people emerged in the room and interrupted the knives game. After some talking and cut scenes (and Vernon's leave) there was no option or dialogue to resume or start competition. Reloading, waiting -- didn't help.
  • Lasie S2 PriLasie S2 Pri107,054
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 04:16Permalink
    I lost an achievement following this tutorial... In Chapter One, you need to make a decision about kill or not some troll and I decide to spare it's life... And this is the problem, you HAVE to kill the troll or you will lose the achievement in chapter 2, La Roche's path. Now, I will have to play all the way again to the final of chapter two to gain this achievement. A simple hint in this walktrough in chapter one page would avoid my mistake!
    Lars
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 09:59Permalink
    There's one achievement for killing all the trolls in the game and one for sparing them. You need two playthroughs to do them both anyway.

The walkthrough actually says the following when you meet up the first troll of the game

'Head back to the bridge and locate the troll to speak with it, no matter what you do it will become aggressive and you will need to fight it. Once you get the troll to about half its HP it will ask you to stop Depending on whether you plan to kill or save all Trolls in this playthrough you can proceed one of two ways.'

I then list how to deal with the troll depending on whether you want to kill or save them.

I give you all the information you need.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.