Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: April 9th, 2013

• xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,324,411
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 00:30
    60% off on the game based on a Hugh Jackman movie? I guess you can say that's a real steal!

I'll see myself out...
    Gamers have only two hobbies: playing games, and complaining about those games.
  • Posted on 10 April 13 at 00:39, Edited on 10 April 13 at 00:48 by A Zesty Potato
    Realms of Ancient or Real Steel, which is better? Achievement wise/Gameplay
    The Zestiest of Potatoes
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude725,436
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 02:51
    Honestly not interested in much here. Glad to see new shit though.
  • Posted on 10 April 13 at 02:52
    Bad week for us !!!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 April 13 at 03:07
    such good deals I'm not buying any of them...
  • ZYRUS06ZYRUS06110,142
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 03:41
    MVC Origins! YES! Finally it's on sale! So glad I waited. Now if only Darkstalkers Resurrection went on sale....
  • Posted on 10 April 13 at 04:55
    Im passing on all deals from now on i don't want to pick these games up just to have microsoft say the next system won't play the market games
  • Wanderer128Wanderer128238,165 238,165 GamerScore
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 05:40
    Real Steel is incredibly fun
    Wanderer128
  • dill iciousdill icious439,466
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 06:23
    mvc: origins. it's mahvel baybee!
  • JaggexedgeJaggexedge235,323
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 06:24, Edited on 10 April 13 at 06:25 by Jaggexedge
    Looks like it'll be MvC origins this week for me (Since I've been waiting for it to go on sale). The 20 hours XBLA quota won't be too hard to fill this month.

Postmortimus said:
    Just repeats. When is 0 Day: Attack On Earth, Rocket Knight or Moon Diver going to be given the discount treatment? All 3 of them are overpriced and I don't remember them ever being on sale or Deal Of The Week.
    Moon Diver has only gone on sale once (About a year and a half ago), it was fun to play with friends but becomes quite the grind fest if going for the full 200.

Also, I too would love for Rocket Knight to go on sale.
  • Zen VendettaZen Vendetta1,486,761
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 06:25
    Not bad. A few decent games in there. Will definitely be picking a few of these up!
  • dill iciousdill icious439,466
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 06:25
    Finalfantasygod said:
    Im passing on all deals from now on i don't want to pick these games up just to have microsoft say the next system won't play the market games
    that's pretty much where i'm at. i'm making a couple of exceptions, but by the by, i'm calling it quits until there is some news about the future of my xbla purchases. i've amassed a large collection through sales and dotw. i can safely say that i don't care about backwards compatibility for 360 discs, but GoD and xbla need to have a future on the next xbox.
  • FrazyahFrazyah511,118
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 06:37
    Thought I might let you guys know that the title of this article says "9nd". Seems a little off.
  • Posted on 10 April 13 at 06:54
    April 9nd? lol 9th I think is suppose to go there
  • DuwenDuwen103,406
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 07:39
    Hooded Claw 006 said:
    Rockanoid said:
    Is it true that the "Sales & Specials" app is gone? I can't find it anywhere..

I know it featured the same sales for a long time, but in the past it had great sales in addition to Deal-of-the-week..
    Yep, it's still there, I still do the scratchcard every day. Still says GTA on offer and that other game which I can't remember off the top of my head, maybe Bionic Commander?
    well, it's gone for me too... i have it "pinned" and when i went to access it yesterday it came up with a message saying something along the lines of "this app is no longer available and it has been removed from your pins".

on the plus side, it looks like microsoft are making up for it's removal by having a wider selection of games discounted in their DotW with much better discounts - let's hope they keep it up!

grabbed myself MvsC:Origins... been waiting for it to go on sale since it launched! now they just need to reduce Darkstalkers!
  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0338,253
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 08:54, Edited on 10 April 13 at 09:02 by Iceman2pnt0
    Rockanoid said:
    Is it true that the "Sales & Specials" app is gone? I can't find it anywhere..

I know it featured the same sales for a long time, but in the past it had great sales in addition to Deal-of-the-week..
    Weird, seems to be gone for some people. I figured something was up though, seeing as how it still has GTA and its add ons from when it was Dotw weeks back.

xPut Name Herex said:
    60% off on the game based on a Hugh Jackman movie? I guess you can say that's a real steal!

I'll see myself out...
    laugh
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 April 13 at 09:13
    ToxiicXDucky831 said:
    April 9nd? lol 9th I think is suppose to go there
    lol same here, i'm just asking myself the question haha
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 April 13 at 09:36
    I'm thinking about buying Counter Strike: GO. Do people sill play it?
  • matdanmatdan810,183
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 10:06
    Do you need kinect for Babel Rising? Looks fun but kinect I don't have.

Anyone know if CS: GO is like the CS of old? Looks good not sure what community is like.
  • Posted on 10 April 13 at 10:54
    Might be picking some of these up this week.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.