Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: April 9th, 2013

• ayx QQayx QQ297,555
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 11:27
    matdan12 said:
    Do you need kinect for Babel Rising? Looks fun but kinect I don't have.

Anyone know if CS: GO is like the CS of old? Looks good not sure what community is like.
    Nah Babel Rising can be played with a controller, honestly I don't see why wouldn't you because it fits perfect on one. It's a basic wave defender that's time based so don't expect too much out of it. I played it with my sister a while back on a dummy account to test the gameplay and it got really repetitive after 20 minutes.

CS:GO is quite fun if you're not an achievement hunter, but getting Awardist is actually a welcome challenge. The community is what you'd expect out of any military based FPS games, some ego driven kids but sometimes you can find a good bunch of people and enjoy your time.
    XBLA addict.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 April 13 at 11:57
    getting harder and harder to buy new things, i buy pretty much everything when it's on sale.
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty803,733
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 12:33
    Some big discounts, nothing that really floats my boat though.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 April 13 at 12:43
    dill icious said:
    Finalfantasygod said:
    Im passing on all deals from now on i don't want to pick these games up just to have microsoft say the next system won't play the market games
    that's pretty much where i'm at. i'm making a couple of exceptions, but by the by, i'm calling it quits until there is some news about the future of my xbla purchases. i've amassed a large collection through sales and dotw. i can safely say that i don't care about backwards compatibility for 360 discs, but GoD and xbla need to have a future on the next xbox.
    Shit, I hadn't thought about that. That could certainly influence some of my future purchases until they make an official announcement. Thanks for the heads up you two!:)
  • Posted on 10 April 13 at 14:38
    I wonder if all of these arcade sales are connected to the "Play to Earn" promo they're running for the Rewards program.
  • Apocalypse KaneApocalypse Kane1,695,876
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 15:52
    I am strongly undecided, great discounts! roll
  • KlingsorKlingsor343,875
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 16:18
    I never completed PoP on the pc, so this might be a good time to finally do it. Mortal Kombat seems to have pretty doable achievements, plus MK2 is an old favorite. I was tempted to get counter strike but the price put me off. Is it good?
  • Bardan JusikBardan Jusik221,167
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 16:31
    In the title, 9nd should be 9th.
    Long live LOST.
  • poochz0rzpoochz0rz267,022
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 17:15
    HybridPK said:
    Badly Worn Toy said:
    Is realm of ancient wars any good?
    I found the game to be incredibly boring.
    This. Once I beat the game once, the second playthrough felt like a total chore. Still haven't beat it a second time. Can't imagine doing the third and having any fun.
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,273,625
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 17:28
    Babel Rising was a lot of fun and you don't actually need a Kinect for it - I used a controller for everything. I recommend it at that price.
    Ha ha, Charade you are!
  • Posted on 10 April 13 at 18:25
    If anyone is un-sure whether to get Prince Of Persia Classic, I recommend you take a trial version. This game is an easy 175G, but a very hard 200G! If you want the best advice about this game, use my walkthrough...

Prince of Persia Classic Walkthrough

Good luck, if you decide to get it!
  • Posted on 10 April 13 at 19:13
    These deals are alright, although I already picked up Counter Strike: GO and Battlefield 1943 at previous sales. May consider purchasing MK for nostalgia and easy achievements. OT: I really hope that some puzzle platformers have a sale soon. Games such as the cave, pid, fez, quantum conundrum, braid, portal: still alive, etc. could really use a mark down in my opinion. Limbo has been on sale at least twice this year, so its well past time that other games of the genre get a mark down in price.
  • slacker322slacker322194,806
    Posted on 10 April 13 at 23:03
    Anyone up for MvC2 boosting, keep me in mind. I don't have much time lately, but I should in the future.
  • keoskeykeoskey1,775,384
    Posted on 11 April 13 at 08:09
    Man ad i just baught CS:GO last month ow well.
    [url=http://xboxamerica.com/?r=card-23392][img]http://xboxamerica.com/gamercards/slim-summary/keoske
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo288,604
    Posted on 11 April 13 at 09:36
    Thank goodness, nothing for me this week. I have enough backlogged games to last me a year. Haven't played any on the list, but not my type.
    'Live and die this day, once more into the fray'
  • Posted on 11 April 13 at 11:22
    duwen said:
    Hooded Claw 006 said:
    Rockanoid said:
    Is it true that the "Sales & Specials" app is gone? I can't find it anywhere..

I know it featured the same sales for a long time, but in the past it had great sales in addition to Deal-of-the-week..
    Yep, it's still there, I still do the scratchcard every day. Still says GTA on offer and that other game which I can't remember off the top of my head, maybe Bionic Commander?
    well, it's gone for me too... i have it "pinned" and when i went to access it yesterday it came up with a message saying something along the lines of "this app is no longer available and it has been removed from your pins".

on the plus side, it looks like microsoft are making up for it's removal by having a wider selection of games discounted in their DotW with much better discounts - let's hope they keep it up!

grabbed myself MvsC:Origins... been waiting for it to go on sale since it launched! now they just need to reduce Darkstalkers!
    It's gone for me too now.
  • litepinklitepink302,821
    Posted on 11 April 13 at 13:07, Edited on 11 April 13 at 13:08 by litepink
    Re: My Punchcard

[XBLA] Games costing 400 MSP or more will count towards the 1-month Xbox LIVE reward

ANY [XBLA] games count towards the 3200 points needed for 800 points back
    My TA Deal Blog: http://tinyurl.com/6t8nzpd
  • matdanmatdan810,191
    Posted on 11 April 13 at 13:45
    MH The Rockstar said:
    Babel Rising was a lot of fun and you don't actually need a Kinect for it - I used a controller for everything. I recommend it at that price.
    Ok thanks.

Ayxism said:
    matdan12 said:
    Do you need kinect for Babel Rising? Looks fun but kinect I don't have.

Anyone know if CS: GO is like the CS of old? Looks good not sure what community is like.
    Nah Babel Rising can be played with a controller, honestly I don't see why wouldn't you because it fits perfect on one. It's a basic wave defender that's time based so don't expect too much out of it. I played it with my sister a while back on a dummy account to test the gameplay and it got really repetitive after 20 minutes.

CS:GO is quite fun if you're not an achievement hunter, but getting Awardist is actually a welcome challenge. The community is what you'd expect out of any military based FPS games, some ego driven kids but sometimes you can find a good bunch of people and enjoy your time.
    Yeah staying undecided on this one everytime it is on sale never sure whether to get it or not. The manky achievements don't help.
  • EMFULZEMFULZ194,120 194,120 GamerScore
    Posted on 11 April 13 at 17:21
    Is Real Steel good? I have the spare points and been debating on that game for awhile.
    Remember Yesterday and think about tomorrow but you have to live today. Oh, lonely yesterday.
  • VixyNyanVixyNyan1,232,835
    Posted on 11 April 13 at 18:05
    Well look at that, still no Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment on sale... see you next week, guys. sleep
    Fight, VixyNyan~! For Everlasting Love & Snuggles~!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.