Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: April 9th, 2013

• MaesenkoMaesenko320,019
    Posted on 11 April 13 at 18:50, Edited on 11 April 13 at 18:53 by Maesenko
    VixyNyan said:
    Well look at that, still no Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment on sale... see you next week, guys. sleep
    As someone who has 200/200 in that game, I can honestly say it was fun ONCE. Playing it a second time was just for completionist reasons. It really wasn't quite what I was hoping for in a Vandal Hearts or any SRPG title.

OT: A couple of decent titles here, looks like my backlog will be growing ever larger...might power through a few for quick GS.
  • Posted on 11 April 13 at 19:24
    Not bad in general
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 April 13 at 21:15
    DjKlezz said:
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    DjKlezz said:
    I loved CS:GO, i also bought it on PC, I recommend it very much :)
    any idea about Dungeon Defenders ? seems a good deal here
    DO NOT BUY COUNTER STRIKE! Unless you want an old remake with nothing new and to spend over 200 hours grinding out an awful gamemode!

BF1943 is like a mini-bad company with planes and smaller maps, it was awesome on release and it is still alive but most players on there now are veterans.
    lol.
    Believe it, no new maps, no new modes, no new AI, no new sound, no new nothin' - Whats new? Very slightly sharper graphics? wow

GenialRobin said:
    I'm thinking about buying Counter Strike: GO. Do people sill play it?
    Its almost dead now, and it has one of the worst networking I've ever encountered. Its best to do the chievo's offline with bots.

matdan12 said:
    Anyone know if CS: GO is like the CS of old? Looks good not sure what community is like.
    It isn't any different from the old ones, and thats not a bad thing because it was a great game.

The major bastard that destroys this game is the fact that if you wish to complete it you will have to do over 200 hours of the crappiest mode 'Arms race' where you can't buy weapons and gear (the whole principle of CS that made it great) its just kamikaze headless chicken mode.
    Let me find peace in my own heart and save me from my enemies.
  • matdanmatdan810,191
    Posted on 12 April 13 at 00:15
    Yeah hate arms race kinda why I keep skipping it was hoping at least the community would be savable. I guess porting an older one would of been the better choice.
  • GirthshakesGirthshakes477,722
    Posted on 12 April 13 at 04:41
    Unfcnbleevibl said:
    Badly Worn Toy said:
    Is realm of ancient wars any good?
    Its not a terrible game, but it does get boring. The game itself is easy, but really repetitive. Its a linear dungeon crawler. And if you're a completionist, its really boring. As you have to play through the game 3 times (once with each character) for one of the achievements. The other 11 you can get in 1 playthrough.
    +1 for truth.

That's also the cheapest I've ever seen Dungeon Defenders (was 600 in sales before) but the 360 version is inferior to the PC version and it's a long 200, none of the DLC add achievements even though they add significant amounts of content to the title and you're easily looking at around 100 hours for 100% completion. Avoid if you're buying games to be a gamerscore whore.
    English girls get wet over http://dablackalbino.com/ - you will too.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 April 13 at 12:06
    I got Babel Rising and it's enjoyable, if a bit easy, but worth this kind of money.

I want to add that you can play Babel Rising with just your controller, no kinect needed. It's also not a DotW but a Sales&Special offer; people with only a silver account should be able to get this one too.
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • VixyNyanVixyNyan1,232,835
    Posted on 12 April 13 at 15:43
    Maesenko said:
    VixyNyan said:
    Well look at that, still no Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment on sale... see you next week, guys. sleep
    As someone who has 200/200 in that game, I can honestly say it was fun ONCE. Playing it a second time was just for completionist reasons. It really wasn't quite what I was hoping for in a Vandal Hearts or any SRPG title.
    Yes as I loved the first two games on PS1 (mostly the first one), I wanted to add this to my collection. Don't get me wrong, I want to play through it, but you never know if Konami starts price reduce it at the moment you pay the full price before that happens. Worst thing that could happen is if they delist it. laugh
    Fight, VixyNyan~! For Everlasting Love & Snuggles~!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 April 13 at 18:17
    Klingsor said:
    I never completed PoP on the pc, so this might be a good time to finally do it. Mortal Kombat seems to have pretty doable achievements, plus MK2 is an old favorite. I was tempted to get counter strike but the price put me off. Is it good?
    Prince of Persia Classic on XBLA is a shiny turd. While it might be shiny and you may want to pick it up, remember in the end you will still be left holding a stinky turd. The controls were so bad that they had to implement checkpoints throughout the short levels in it.

Honestly, go out and buy just about any version of this game on any other system (PC, Apple II, NES, SuperNES, Sega Master System, Gameboy Color, Gamegear, Amiga, Sega CD, Genesis, and many others) and you will have a vastly better experience.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.