Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: May 8th, 2014

• punkyliarpunkyliar289,189
  • Death and GloryDeath and Glory2,720,832
    Posted on 08 May 14 at 21:54
    I'd rather just have a Blast Corps HD or something.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 May 14 at 21:54
    Really?

3$ per DLC for only 40 GS?
  • Posted on 08 May 14 at 22:12
    Nutjitsu is also out for Xbox One for $6.49.
    IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!!!!! BlaziNBuckwheaT
  • NeverUnluckyNeverUnlucky329,691
    Posted on 08 May 14 at 22:12
    Can't find Microsoft Treasure Hunt in the Marketplace. Each time I click the "Xbox sore link", it redirects me to the Xbox Store (The win 8 app) main menu instead of bringing me to the game page.
    Beat the best, Own the rest.
  • Chad and JessieChad and Jessie1,706,403
    Posted on 08 May 14 at 22:18, Edited on 08 May 14 at 22:22 by Chad and Jessie
    lolmanX0 said:
    Can't find Microsoft Treasure Hunt in the Marketplace. Each time I click the "Xbox sore link", it redirects me to the Xbox Store (The win 8 app) main menu instead of bringing me to the game page.
    Edit: The following post explains it much better toast
  • Posted on 08 May 14 at 22:18
    lolmanX0 said:
    You will need to switch your region to Trinidad and Tobago before clicking the link.
    IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!!!!! BlaziNBuckwheaT
    Posted on 08 May 14 at 22:25
    BlazinBuckwheat said:
    It isn't yet on Xbox.com. I'll add it when it finally appears, but it got to the point where I couldn't wait for Microsoft to sort their act out any longer and I had to push the article out. It's getting that way with the Red Stripe deals too.
  • marklynxmarklynx2,733,584
    Posted on 08 May 14 at 22:42
    MS is so greedy! $15 for 200G in KS DlC's? Come on.. Sometimes I wish I was not a completionist as it's become an expensive hobbie!
  • Posted on 08 May 14 at 23:32
    I'll wait for the KSR DLC to go on sale. $3 for one cheese is to much
  • Posted on 09 May 14 at 01:08
    Cheeve
  • SrfsmurfSrfsmurf414,624
    Posted on 09 May 14 at 01:33
    What will happend with the Adventure Mode in Minesweeper now that it got its own game?
  • Posted on 09 May 14 at 02:42
    DeAtH434 said:
    I'd rather just have a Blast Corps HD or something.
    THIS! My favorite N64 game by far.
  • Posted on 09 May 14 at 07:13
    What's with the sh*te KSR DLC? Seriously??

I like my Kinect, always have done. I've got all three KS on my card, but I acknowledge that not everyone likes Kinect. If MS want to change that, coming out with money-grabbing DLC like this is really NOT the answer.
    The DLC Rare should have been working on ought to have been more like the party pack add-on in KS1 - more modes for the sports in the game, and FREE, to encourage more people to try it out.

This is half-baked DLC at ridiculously over-inflated prices. If they REALLY wanted to charge for this, it should have been under £5 for the lot.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
  • KonadorKonador488,267
    Posted on 09 May 14 at 07:14
    Are you kidding me? £2.29 for EACH of the 6 challenge packs? Which basically just add a costume? I'm pretty sure sponsor challenges were advertised as part of the main game, and they can pretend they're a great new feature, but you're essentially just playing the same sports again with basic goals like "use the turret 3 times", which any decent player should be doing anyway!

I've been an avid supporter of KS Rivals since Day One, and recommended it to many friends, but this is a complete rip-off. Putting achievements in there is the poisonous icing on the cake, so in order to get 100% completion we now have to pay an extra £15 for NO new content on top of the £50 we've already paid for the game, which although fun feels very low on content compared to Kinect Sports 1 with its fun mini games...

I remember finishing the story of this game within the first few days and David Tennant telling me that I could earn extra coins through sponsor challenges. I remember reading a similar thing in the official Rivals FAQ. I thought joining a Team would be the start of the main story, but then it just stopped. Smells very strongly of cut content if you ask me! Content which feels like it was cut out of the original game in order to bleed your loyal fans dry.

I realise the press release that's been sent out to all the games websites boast "an impressive 24 new stories for each team!" and that generously these are included in the free update, but let's break that down...

1) Play a game of tennis against the first opposing team's vice captain.
    2) Play a game of tennis against the second opposing team's vice captain.
    3) Play a game of tennis against the first opposing team's captain.
    4) Play a game of tennis against the second opposing team's captain.

Do that for each sport and you have 24. Not exactly 24 new stories! Not even 24 new cutscenes. I'd argue there's not a single smidgen of story to be found. Are they going to try and sell us cutscenes next month for £3.29 a pop? Maybe the ability to play random opponents over Xbox Live in the £9.99 Multiplayer DLC pack (which comes with over 6,000,000 new stories!)?

These packs should be free, or at the very least 99p. Take a look at Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. I'm very disappointed in how they seem to be taking things. Looking at the game now leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Vote with your wallets people, don't buy this scam DLC!
    -Ben
  • DeeUUDeeUU257,761
    Posted on 09 May 14 at 09:45
    punkyliar said:
    BlazinBuckwheat said:
    It isn't yet on Xbox.com. I'll add it when it finally appears, but it got to the point where I couldn't wait for Microsoft to sort their act out any longer and I had to push the article out. It's getting that way with the Red Stripe deals too.
    It's US only, for the record.
    Posted on 09 May 14 at 10:06
    Danowat32 said:
    punkyliar said:
    BlazinBuckwheat said:
    It's US only, for the record.
    I know, but at the time of writing it still hadn't been added to Xbox.com. In the 12 hours since my post, it has now appeared. I'll edit it in soon.
  • ChadMarcChadMarc771,712
    Posted on 09 May 14 at 12:19
    us only? cry
  • NeverUnluckyNeverUnlucky329,691
    Posted on 09 May 14 at 13:09
    BlazinBuckwheat said:
    lolmanX0 said:
    You will need to switch your region to Trinidad and Tobago before clicking the link.
    Thank you.
    Beat the best, Own the rest.
  • WestsideSxEWestsideSxE504,927
    Posted on 09 May 14 at 15:16
    Already almost 50 completions on Nutjitsu, sheesh. Figure it's short but can anyone vouch if it's any fun? Smells like prime 'Games with Gold' fodder when they finally start rolling out the bone perks
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads