The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Red Stripe Deals: September 4th, 2014

  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

  • LORDOFDOOKIE69LORDOFDOOKIE691,203,309
    Posted on 05 September 14 at 16:32
    Modern Combat, Nova, and UNO are still full price....
  • Posted on 05 September 14 at 16:33, Edited on 05 September 14 at 16:33 by cccuaresma1
    o DEEVIUS o said:dropK1CK ninJA said:o DEEVIUS o said:Are you guys pushing these sales? Seems like you're advertising for Red Stripe!I thought they were sponsored by Red Strip beer too, but this is the name of sale service by Microsoft.

    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/collections/red-stri...
    TA are sponsored by Red Stripe?
    "(In case you’re wondering, the collection name derives from the red stripe you’ll see around each discounted app’s icon in the phone Store)."

    http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2013/04/04/announci...
    Save on WP games with #RedStripeDeals, now with Xbox mode for TrueAchievers: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=9701dbea-ae06-42f6-adf9-56a7cf029161
  • pezza888pezza888120,401
    Posted on 05 September 14 at 16:59
    cccuaresma1 said:pezza888 said:Wp games that I want to go on sale.
    Monopoly
    Monopoly millionaire
    Pac man ce dx
    Rayman fiesta run
    contre jour (maybe)
    Plants vs zombies (maybe)
    Monopoly, Pac man ce dx, and Rayman fiesta run were previously on Red Stripe Deals. I made an app for those looking for Red Stripe Deals. :)

    http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=9701dbea-ae06-42f6-adf9-...

    I actually had Xbox (I love Xbox achievements!) in mind so I included an Xbox mode in the app. With Xbox mode, live tile will only show the Xbox Windows Phone game that is on Red Stripe Deal for the week. There's also a toast notification, which you can set to notify only if it is the first time the Xbox Windows Phone game is on Red Stripe Deal. Credits to TA for helping me build the list of Red Stripe Deals for Windows Phone.

    Contre Jour was on sale before, but not as Red Stripe Deals. I got to buy it for $0.99 last Christmas.
    Rayman fiesta was never discounted in the uk when it went on sale. Monopoly and pac man I must have missed.
  • Posted on 05 September 14 at 17:49
    Dammit Mass Effect.... When will they put ME3 DLC online!? I'd like to actually play the game!
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 06 September 14 at 01:39
    cccuaresma1 said:o DEEVIUS o said:dropK1CK ninJA said:o DEEVIUS o said:Are you guys pushing these sales? Seems like you're advertising for Red Stripe!I thought they were sponsored by Red Strip beer too, but this is the name of sale service by Microsoft.

    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/collections/red-stri...
    TA are sponsored by Red Stripe?
    "(In case you’re wondering, the collection name derives from the red stripe you’ll see around each discounted app’s icon in the phone Store)."

    http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2013/04/04/announci...
    OK so still wondering why TA are promoting these sales, saying things like:

    "Featuring groundbreaking graphics and intensified audio, enjoy a console-like experience"

    "4 Elements™ II: Special Edition is an exciting “match three” game packed with fascinating puzzles"

    "Acclaimed by both media and players, the Asphalt franchise has already attracted several million players worldwide... Come and join the ride!"

    Maybe I just didn't notice before but I can't recall praise and advertisement like this when other games go on sale [shrug]
    Excuse me while I whip this out
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 06 September 14 at 01:47, Edited on 06 September 14 at 01:54 by
    Yes just confirming this, on the previous news story about the 'XBL Sale Roundup: Sept 2nd' games such as Child of Light (Xbox One) and Resident Evil Revelations etc went on sale. And yet unlike this Red Stripe sale article there were no really positive mini-reviews for each game on sale praising every aspect of the game and encouraging us all to go there. That last one about UNO is particularly cheesy, is this you Punky? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ivjjuo508

    Is there something special about these games or sales that warrant this free advertising?
    Excuse me while I whip this out
  • drabikdrabik347,299
    Posted on 06 September 14 at 05:37, Edited on 06 September 14 at 05:38 by drabik
    o DEEVIUS o said:OK so still wondering why TA are promoting these sales, saying things like:

    "Featuring groundbreaking graphics and intensified audio, enjoy a console-like experience"

    "4 Elements™ II: Special Edition is an exciting “match three” game packed with fascinating puzzles"

    "Acclaimed by both media and players, the Asphalt franchise has already attracted several million players worldwide... Come and join the ride!"

    Maybe I just didn't notice before but I can't recall praise and advertisement like this when other games go on sale [shrug]
    The parts in quotes are directly from windowsphone.com... facepalm

    e.g. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/mass-effect-infi...
    [20:15:34] Dimmock : Turtles never lose, they live longer then us so it is at worst a delayed win.
  • Posted on 06 September 14 at 05:43
    pezza888 said:Rayman fiesta was never discounted in the uk when it went on sale. Monopoly and pac man I must have missed.Yep. I actually bought it even though it was not on sale (I had some UK credits a few months ago). I think it's still a worthy buy compared to Rayman Jungle Run, who notoriously has been on Red Stripe Deals for a record of five times.

    o DEEVIUS o said:OK so still wondering why TA are promoting these sales, saying things like:

    "Featuring groundbreaking graphics and intensified audio, enjoy a console-like experience"

    "4 Elements™ II: Special Edition is an exciting “match three” game packed with fascinating puzzles"

    "Acclaimed by both media and players, the Asphalt franchise has already attracted several million players worldwide... Come and join the ride!"

    Maybe I just didn't notice before but I can't recall praise and advertisement like this when other games go on sale [shrug]
    TA didn't made those up. Those are the actually descriptions when you visit the apps in their respective Store pages.

    o DEEVIUS o said:Is there something special about these games or sales that warrant this free advertising?None, they are just doing a great service of alerting us whenever there are new deals, and I am thankful for that.
    Save on WP games with #RedStripeDeals, now with Xbox mode for TrueAchievers: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=9701dbea-ae06-42f6-adf9-56a7cf029161
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 06 September 14 at 13:33, Edited on 06 September 14 at 13:38 by
    ^ That doesn't answer my question, I never said nor intended to imply that TA or Punky actually wrote the reviews. The question was; why did these specific games warrant positive reviews like this when no other games in previous deals did?

    Quoted from somewhere else or not they are still subjective reviews promoting these games and these sales and I don't get why these games, while appealing to some, have been upped so much and much better games like Child of Light get nothing.

    Don't get me wrong neither, I like it, but I think that if TA are going to do this then they should concentrate on more significant games like in the 2nd Sept sale. Seems a waste to me to spend extra time in quoting reviews for crappy WP games and giving us nothing about 360 and One games.

    Maybe I'm missing something here, I just don't understand the reasoning behind it that's all, I'd like to see a little mini-review for every game and DLC on sale, or at least for the most significant sales and not petty little WP sales like this.
    Excuse me while I whip this out
  • Posted on 06 September 14 at 16:07
    cccuaresma1 said:Ice Deity said:Anybody know if Mass Effect: Infiltrator is available on my phone? I've searched the store a few times but can't find it. I have it for the iPod Touch but that version doesn't have achievements. As far as WP8 I have a Nokia Lumia 521.1 GB RAM required for the app.The Lumia 521 has 1GB of RAM, so he should be good. What you should do if you are having trouble finding it is to either navigate to this page on your phone and then click the price link for the game, or use your phone's "vision app" (in WP 8.1, it is one of the lens you can select) and scan the QR code with it. Either of these options will take you right to the game's page.
  • CASS190684CASS190684242,483
    Posted on 06 September 14 at 21:02
    There's still so many WP games that have never been on sale (or at least not in the last 3 years that I've had one). I'm still waiting for some of them to hopefully get discounted eventually. Although the more likely thing will be that they get delisted and I'll miss out completely roll
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Posted on 07 September 14 at 04:00
    o DEEVIUS o said:^ That doesn't answer my question, I never said nor intended to imply that TA or Punky actually wrote the reviews. The question was; why did these specific games warrant positive reviews like this when no other games in previous deals did?

    Quoted from somewhere else or not they are still subjective reviews promoting these games and these sales and I don't get why these games, while appealing to some, have been upped so much and much better games like Child of Light get nothing.

    Don't get me wrong neither, I like it, but I think that if TA are going to do this then they should concentrate on more significant games like in the 2nd Sept sale. Seems a waste to me to spend extra time in quoting reviews for crappy WP games and giving us nothing about 360 and One games.

    Maybe I'm missing something here, I just don't understand the reasoning behind it that's all, I'd like to see a little mini-review for every game and DLC on sale, or at least for the most significant sales and not petty little WP sales like this.
    Did you actually visit the apps' pages in the Windows Phone Store or Windows 8 Store? Those are not reviews, they are descriptions. As a developer, you are the one who actually writes the description for your app so you could write anything. Some developers are actually honest in doing it, quoting reviews from websites like WPCentral and WMPowerUser. Whatever the developer writes, they do it so that people will download or buy their app. As a user, if you find the description misleading, you could actually report it to Microsoft.

    xPut Name Herex said:The Lumia 521 has 1GB of RAM, so he should be good. What you should do if you are having trouble finding it is to either navigate to this page on your phone and then click the price link for the game, or use your phone's "vision app" (in WP 8.1, it is one of the lens you can select) and scan the QR code with it. Either of these options will take you right to the game's page.I think you are referring to the Lumia 525. The 521 is the same as 520, which is specifically for the US market, And if he actually does the scan QR code technique, it will navigate to the app in the Store, but he still won't be able to download it, because the phone will prompt that it requires 1 GB of RAM.

    http://www.nokia.com/us-en/phones/phone/lumia521/specificati...
    Save on WP games with #RedStripeDeals, now with Xbox mode for TrueAchievers: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=9701dbea-ae06-42f6-adf9-56a7cf029161
  • Posted on 07 September 14 at 04:06
    cccuaresma1 said:xPut Name Herex said:The Lumia 521 has 1GB of RAM, so he should be good. What you should do if you are having trouble finding it is to either navigate to this page on your phone and then click the price link for the game, or use your phone's "vision app" (in WP 8.1, it is one of the lens you can select) and scan the QR code with it. Either of these options will take you right to the game's page.I think you are referring to the Lumia 525. The 521 is the same as 520, which is specifically for the US market, And if he actually does the scan QR code technique, it will navigate to the app in the Store, but he still won't be able to download it, because the phone will prompt that it requires 1 GB of RAM.

    http://www.nokia.com/us-en/phones/phone/lumia521/specificati...
    Ah right, I got my numbers mixed up facepalm
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 07 September 14 at 18:09
    cccuaresma1 said:o DEEVIUS o said:^ That doesn't answer my question, I never said nor intended to imply that TA or Punky actually wrote the reviews. The question was; why did these specific games warrant positive reviews like this when no other games in previous deals did?

    Quoted from somewhere else or not they are still subjective reviews promoting these games and these sales and I don't get why these games, while appealing to some, have been upped so much and much better games like Child of Light get nothing.

    Don't get me wrong neither, I like it, but I think that if TA are going to do this then they should concentrate on more significant games like in the 2nd Sept sale. Seems a waste to me to spend extra time in quoting reviews for crappy WP games and giving us nothing about 360 and One games.

    Maybe I'm missing something here, I just don't understand the reasoning behind it that's all, I'd like to see a little mini-review for every game and DLC on sale, or at least for the most significant sales and not petty little WP sales like this.
    Did you actually visit the apps' pages in the Windows Phone Store or Windows 8 Store? Those are not reviews, they are descriptions. As a developer, you are the one who actually writes the description for your app so you could write anything. Some developers are actually honest in doing it, quoting reviews from websites like WPCentral and WMPowerUser. Whatever the developer writes, they do it so that people will download or buy their app. As a user, if you find the description misleading, you could actually report it to Microsoft.
    No I didn't, and don't see any need to. They are reviews, reviews are by definition subjective descriptions and using adjectives like 'exciting' and 'amazing' is an opinion.

    If I say the game is an FPS - that's a description
    If I say the game is a great FPS - that's a review
    Excuse me while I whip this out
  • XerostomiaXerostomia899,200
    Posted on 09 September 14 at 02:25
    Trying to find Order and Chaos for $2.99, but it is showing up as $6.99? Maybe that is a good sign as I don't need another time sink, lol.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.