The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: March 4th, 2014

• Posted on 04 March 14 at 18:52
    looks like thay won't more ppl to buy Ghost how meny times it bin on sale now? lol
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon534,262
    Posted on 04 March 14 at 18:58
    Getting BBR and Galaga DX. already have all the other XBLA stuff.
    I am what I am, and that's all that I am, an XBLA completion addict.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead787,547
    Posted on 04 March 14 at 19:02, Edited on 04 March 14 at 19:10 by HolyHalfDead
    Erik Seidel said:
    All of the Kinect Sport Gems are $2,99 $1,99!! I don't know if it's meant to be a deal or permanent discount. Might be interesting for those (like myself) that need games that count towards the Kinect PlayFit App.
    Kinect Sport Gems
    - 10 Frame Bowling $2.99 $1.99
    - 3 Point Contest $2.99 $1.99
    - Boxing Fight $2.99 $1.99
    - Darts vs Zombies $2.99 $1.99
    - Field Goal Contest $2.99 $1.99
    - Penalty Saver $2.99 $1.99
    - Ping Pong $2.99 $1.99
    - Prize Driver $2.99 $1.99
    - Reaction Rally $2.99 $1.99
    - Ski Race $2.99 $1.99

My guess for an out of band discount of 33% or less is a permanent price drop. But since they dropped in price on 28th February I would pick them up in the next couple of days if you want them.

One of the Spelunky DLCs is also on sale - Arenas $1.99 $0.99 (no achievements)
  • Posted on 04 March 14 at 19:05
    Black Flag is $10 cheaper on Amazon. Just sayin...
  • brent1221brent12211,533,874
    Posted on 04 March 14 at 19:46
    Seriously....put some DLC on sale for a change and not just stupid GTA4 or CoD every other week.
  • o DEEVIUS oo DEEVIUS o626,244
    Posted on 04 March 14 at 20:19
    I'd avoid 'I Am Alive' IIWU, it blows!
    Let me find peace in my own heart and save me from my enemies.
  • Posted on 04 March 14 at 21:12
    Stay away from "I am Alive." It's just a horrible game.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

• Posted on 04 March 14 at 21:36
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    I'd avoid 'I Am Alive' IIWU, it blows!
    I'm not up to speed on internet slang. What does "IIWU" mean? I know "IWU" means, "I want you," which is something I'm sure you're not trying to say. wink

Wait - that wink could be misleading. I'm not trying to...never mind. laugh

And, I hold your opinions in high regard and saddened that "I Am Alive" isn't a good game. What things specifically make it a bad game?
    Rollus Tidus
  • Posted on 04 March 14 at 21:45
    Call of whorez for me. Looking forward to it after seeing it on angry joe's top 10 list.
  • Posted on 04 March 14 at 21:49
    I would definitely pick up all of these Kinect Sports Gem games if they would total out to $10 or less. I can't bring myself to pay that much for a bunch of mini-games, especially since I can play them on the retail version of Season Two.
    Rollus Tidus
  • Posted on 04 March 14 at 21:55
    My two cents:

Mirror of Fate -- Combines Lords of Shadow combat with Metroidvania exploration and waters down both in the process. Definite purchase for fans of the series, newcomers might want to demo first. Multiple playthroughs and a boss rush for achievements.

Call of Jaurez -- I'm only about halfway through. Switched to other games because I found it boring and, to me, that's the worst thing I can say about a game unless it's totally broken. Never played any other CoJ games so I can't speak for fans of the series. Seems to be a substantial game for that price, but might not be worth your time (a more valuable commodity for me). Again, multiple playthroughs and "boss rush" required for cheeve hunters.
  • Harvy75Harvy75117,927
    Posted on 04 March 14 at 22:03
    Just bought: Bang Bang Racing
    Already have: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
    Nice idea: I Am Alive
    music
    One of the Lost Ones
  • WickedDeathWickedDeath593,796
    Posted on 04 March 14 at 22:17
    AKfoy0face said:
    lx VAULT xl said:
    What a bunch of crap. Hopefully next week brings something noteworthy.
    How is it a bunch of crap? really? Because you have played most of them or are you just being a hater?
    I'll second his bunch of crap. Most of these games were offered in the ultimate sale or the last couple of sales and COD ghosts has been on sale forever now. Wasn't it last weeks Deal of the week?

33% off brings down to $39.99 while Meijer's has it on disc, on sale, for $29.99? not much of a sale if you ask me.....
  • smakzillaasmakzillaa992,287
    Posted on 04 March 14 at 22:21
    Wonder why that one Spelunky DLC is randomly on sale, was hoping it meant the game was gonna be on sale. Swear these sales are teasing I missed the Countdown sale for it.
  • Posted on 04 March 14 at 22:36
    CoJ Gunslinger is a must buy. I bought it over X-mas and had a blast.
    Picked up Castlevania. Wasn't too keen on paying £10 for it but for a fiver it's worth it.
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice496,914
    Posted on 04 March 14 at 22:37
    If this all deal of the week stuff and as such gold exclusive why doesn't the title mention it. Wouldn't have even bothered opening the article if id known it would be stuff I couldnt buy anyway
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,577,096
    Posted on 04 March 14 at 23:16
    Call of Duty, playing the "let's get all the remaining sales we can before Titanfall swoops in and shows the world how to make a real next-gen FPS" card.
    Gamers have only two hobbies: playing games, and complaining about those games.
  • DullestIIDullestII302,044
    Posted on 04 March 14 at 23:31
    How many times are they gonna put crappy COD Ghosts on sale this year? 3rd time on 3 months now angry
    Barock says he's gonna take this country, turn it sideways, and stick it up your lilly ass >:O
  • Paully05Paully05331,795
    Posted on 04 March 14 at 23:35
    Jeez, what's the exchange on the AU$, that's a high price for those games, no?

And as per other posters here regarding I am Alive, for 75% off I think that is a solid purchase, I enjoyed that game. Easy completion.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads