Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Halfbrick Studios Windows 8 Launch Trailer

  • DaOverUnderDaOverUnder1,568,353
    Posted on 29 October 12 at 04:25
    DakotaThrice said:
    Despite the occassional gfwl release its been all but abandoned. Id personally prefer party support from my phone than my laptop.
    ...What ever happened to calling real life friends on your phone. Are people on this site this far from being a socially normal human being?
  • Posted on 29 October 12 at 09:05
    gamerguy45 said:
    DakotaThrice said:
    Despite the occassional gfwl release its been all but abandoned. Id personally prefer party support from my phone than my laptop.
    ...What ever happened to calling real life friends on your phone. Are people on this site this far from being a socially normal human being?
    Well I'm all for calling my friends..... but I don't have 5 way calling where all my friends can join in and maybe join my game if it's join-able by pushing a button
  • darth3piodarth3pio88,981 88,981 GamerScore
    Posted on 29 October 12 at 09:16
    DakotaThrice said:
    Teh Paralyzer said:
    They need to turn this into GFWL so I can party chat with Xbox people.

    Also Fruit Ninja is bugged and Arcade mode will always crash thus making an achievement unobtainable online.

    You can move the date to Sept.1 I heard and earn it offline. Haven't tried for myself yet.


    I was just saying I wish I could have Jetpack joyride on my tag. Was expecting windows phone but this worked.
    Did you miss the part where gfwl doesn't support party chat either.
    Of course it doesn't but the codebase is similar to that of the XBox 360, if only earlier in the development/update cycle than what the XBox 360 is currently at. The fact that they've got "Try, Catch" statements for Party chat mean's it's possible, just not implemented.
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice313,994
    Posted on 29 October 12 at 09:32
    It's certainly possible as they removed it.
  • darth3piodarth3pio88,981 88,981 GamerScore
    Posted on 29 October 12 at 10:26
    They didn't remove it, they just didn't port it.
  • Arron114Arron1141,095,249
    Posted on 29 October 12 at 15:21
    Teh Paralyzer said:
    Arron114 said:
    Teh Paralyzer said:
    They need to turn this into GFWL so I can party chat with Xbox people.

    Also Fruit Ninja is bugged and Arcade mode will always crash thus making an achievement unobtainable online.

    You can move the date to Sept.1 I heard and earn it offline. Haven't tried for myself yet.


    I was just saying I wish I could have Jetpack joyride on my tag. Was expecting windows phone but this worked.
    I had no issues at all with Fruit Ninja.
    You may be lucky then cuz a lot of people have this issue
    20% of people have finished it already. Thats not a big problem, its a small issue with certain people.

    Going on here saying the full amount is unobtainable doesn't halp half brick or gamers.
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice313,994
    Posted on 29 October 12 at 17:03
    20% is still quite signifivcant when the game only has 200~ players on site
  • Arron114Arron1141,095,249
    Posted on 29 October 12 at 17:26
    DakotaThrice said:
    20% is still quite signifivcant when the game only has 200~ players on site
    It hardly makes the game' broken' and 'unobtainable'
  • Posted on 29 October 12 at 17:44
    Well the fact that 20% of Fruit Ninja owners can fully enjoy their game while the rest of us 80% have to sit and have our game crash sounds like an issue to me.

    I'm pretty sure it would help half brick greatly to have them learn of this so 100% of gamers can enjoy the game to the full extent.

    How would you feel if you bought a new Xbox game and your game kept freezing on level 5 while all your Xbox live friends just made it to level 10 in co-op without you? You'd want your problem fixed right?
  • Arron114Arron1141,095,249
    Posted on 29 October 12 at 18:17, Edited on 29 October 12 at 18:19 by Arron114
    Teh Paralyzer said:
    Well the fact that 20% of Fruit Ninja owners can fully enjoy their game while the rest of us 80% have to sit and have our game crash sounds like an issue to me.

    I'm pretty sure it would help half brick greatly to have them learn of this so 100% of gamers can enjoy the game to the full extent.

    How would you feel if you bought a new Xbox game and your game kept freezing on level 5 while all your Xbox live friends just made it to level 10 in co-op without you? You'd want your problem fixed right?
    78% of those haven't finished it? Calling a game broken because you cant do it , doesn't make it broke.

    Do you have a source to back up your claim its broken?

    You will also notice that the unlocked achievements are sporadic. There is no pattern to your claim that one specific achievement is broke,

    Again , shouting blue murder is not the way to help gamers or developers.
  • Posted on 30 October 12 at 10:32, Edited on 30 October 12 at 10:35 by Teh Paralyzer
    Arron114 said:
    78% of those haven't finished it? Calling a game broken because you cant do it , doesn't make it broke.

    Do you have a source to back up your claim its broken?

    You will also notice that the unlocked achievements are sporadic. There is no pattern to your claim that one specific achievement is broke,

    Again , shouting blue murder is not the way to help gamers or developers.
    Fruit Ninja (Windows) Over Achiever 's solution for the Over Achiever Achievement in Fruit Ninja (Windows)Get a score over 400 after all bonuses in Arcade Mode.



    Do I need to upload a video of me playing Fruit Ninja and having it crash?
  • Posted on 30 October 12 at 18:41, Edited on 30 October 12 at 18:41 by Atomic TreeDude
    Jetpack Joyride is awesome. I have already sunk a lot of time into it.

    All the Windows 8 games have crashing issues. Adera is the worst offender though. Seems once it crashes it will continue to crash until I reboot (luckily I have already gotten 100% on it, maybe it will get fixed before the next episode). I have only had JpJr crash once.

    I had the demo of FN and now it wont update. I was kinda hoping I would end up with it for free, but it looks like I have to delete it and buy it for the full version. Not gonna pay $5 for a game that cost $1 on iOS though, especially since it is not as fun with a mouse.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.