Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: "Gimme" Achievements

• DrNefarioDrNefario175,096
    Posted on 12 May 14 at 09:48
    I have a bit of a rule that I have to start every game I own and play it far enough to get one achievement as soon as possible, so I'm pretty happy with gimmes. Mass Effect 3, for instance, I didn't really want to start properly, since I hadn't played much of ME2 yet, so I was happy there was a simple multiplayer achievement.

Is there going to be a corresponding article with the hardest first achievements? Like EDF 2017, where you get nothing until you complete the game?
  • OjotangoOjotango210,447
  • HyyrHyyr447,773
    Posted on 12 May 14 at 11:02
    Smile On Your Brother (10g - A World of Keflings) - [sorry, have no idea how one adds achievements into a post]

This should have been number one. Only achievement I've unlocked BEFORE I even started the game!
  • itz waz meitz waz me287,483
    Posted on 12 May 14 at 11:05, Edited on 12 May 14 at 11:09 by itz waz me
    Hyyr said:
    Smile On Your Brother (10g - A World of Keflings) - [sorry, have no idea how one adds achievements into a post]

This should have been number one. Only achievement I've unlocked BEFORE I even started the game!
    copy the link of the achievement and paste it in your post. thats how i do it.

http://www.trueachievements (<- without this->) .com/a78550/smile-on-your-brother-achievement.htm

Result:
    A World of KeflingsSmile On Your BrotherThe Smile On Your Brother achievement in A World of Keflings worth 16 pointsReceive Collectibles from a friend
    itz waz me
  • Posted on 12 May 14 at 11:29
    TheDude722 said:
    Actually you don't need an achievement to get a game on your card. Only TA requires an achievement. My card shows plenty of 0G games. Started but not progressed enough.

And yeah. Avatar:TLA isn't a gimme because you have to know what to do. Wonder how many people played the game to completion. Not this guy.
    I know someone who borrowed the game for a week and still never got the full 1000G.
    He still hasn't to this day.
  • Posted on 12 May 14 at 11:45
    What about beating the game on insane on Gears of War? That's kind of a gimme. laugh
    No matter what you do, people will always hate. The good thing about it is that they will get over it and move on.
  • ADaughenADaughen393,516
    Posted on 12 May 14 at 12:49, Edited on 12 May 14 at 13:01 by ADaughen
    itz waz me said:
    Eat lead: the return of matt hazard also has a very easy achievements.
    Eat Lead: The Return of Matt HazardIt's HAZARD TIME!The It's HAZARD TIME! achievement in Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard worth 15 pointsStart your first game.

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt HazardTake 5.The Take 5. achievement in Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard worth 5 pointsPause the game for the first time.

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt HazardSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard worth 44 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard...Where Credit is DueThe ...Where Credit is Due achievement in Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard worth 74 pointsWatch the credits from beginning to end.

and yes you get 60 gamer score for watching the credits.
    i'm defiantly getting this game soon.
    It is a relatively fun game if you like a game that makes fun of the classic/original FPSs.

There are some difficult achievements to go along with those easy ones. The controls aren't very smooth and the final boss can be... aggravating on normal. If you're a Completionist, I'd play it on a secondary profile first. If not, I got most of the achievs out of the way in <10 hours.

Poopdog M60Riot said:
    I think any complete the tutorial would qualify.
    There are two or three Guitar Heros I can't complete the Tutorials because they require the crappy drum kit. :/
  • Salaryman CPSalaryman CP312,627
    Posted on 12 May 14 at 13:33
    Look up Juliet's skirt from lollipop chainsaw should have been on this list.
  • twppstwpps163,634
    Posted on 12 May 14 at 14:10
    I think TA should tag them in a filter when you look at your achievements.
    Twpps!
  • Posted on 12 May 14 at 14:53, Edited on 12 May 14 at 14:53 by cyrodilicbrandy
    DigiLuigi said:
    Actually, 4 people completed it, which is only 0.12%.
    Ah, that's why I was thinking of the 4, then.
    Congratulations, you monster.
  • Posted on 12 May 14 at 14:56
    I only have the Mass Effect 3 achievement.
    RPG gamer.
  • bLaKgRaVybLaKgRaVy857,057
    Posted on 12 May 14 at 15:06
    VGM 007 said:
    Very surprised no one has posted the first 3 achievements from Assassin's Creed 2. Within the first 5 minutes of the game you'll have 60g.

Assassin's Creed IIThe Birth of an AssassinThe The Birth of an Assassin achievement in Assassin's Creed II worth 20 pointsBe reborn as Ezio Auditore Da Firenze.

Assassin's Creed IIArrivederci AbstergoThe Arrivederci Abstergo achievement in Assassin's Creed II worth 20 pointsBreak out of Abstergo.

Assassin's Creed IIWelcome to the Animus 2.0The Welcome to the Animus 2.0 achievement in Assassin's Creed II worth 20 pointsEnter the Animus 2.0.
    I was just going to mention these! Also, CoD Ghosts has a gimme achievement:

Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360)Spatial AwarenessThe Spatial Awareness achievement in Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360) worth 10 pointsKill your first enemy in the Call of Duty® Ghosts campaign.

A Call of Duty game without killing is like a day without sunshine...
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,633,769
    Posted on 12 May 14 at 15:07, Edited on 12 May 14 at 15:08 by iMaginaryy
    Legohead 1977 said:
    Good list, while reading the comments I have been trying to think if there are other games with achievements for just putting the controller down (like Saw)...I am sure there are, but I just can't remember what they are!
    Here's another one I just got recently:

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7IdlingThe Idling achievement in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 worth 23 pointsStand still with no controller input for 5 minutes

Considering your name, I figure this may be one you were thinking of :P
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • drabikdrabik358,586
    Posted on 12 May 14 at 15:35
    iMaginaryy said:
    Legohead 1977 said:
    Good list, while reading the comments I have been trying to think if there are other games with achievements for just putting the controller down (like Saw)...I am sure there are, but I just can't remember what they are!

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7IdlingThe Idling achievement in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 worth 23 pointsStand still with no controller input for 5 minutes

There's a better version of this type:
    Fairytale FightsLazy BastardThe Lazy Bastard achievement in Fairytale Fights worth 21 pointsRemain in Taleville for more than 15 minutes.

dance
    [20:15:34] Dimmock : Turtles never lose, they live longer then us so it is at worst a delayed win.
  • BeanpotterBeanpotter1,353,751
    Posted on 12 May 14 at 15:36
    Best. List. EVAR! Most amusing.

One minor grammatical error: -

Chewie said:
    The Top Five

5: Look in you bag of tricks - Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
    your*
    Mame Tobikomi!
  • Posted on 12 May 14 at 16:51
    I was waiting to see the 'Press Start' achievements. Figured they'd be #1 of the list.
    Self-reliance is the key to true freedom.
  • Posted on 12 May 14 at 17:57
    Salaryman CP said:
    Look up Juliet's skirt from lollipop chainsaw should have been on this list.
    I think that was about the 20th achievement I got in that game.

There's no way you can actually get that achievement by mistake unless you're pervy enough to hold the camera there for 5 seconds smile
    Disclaimer: copious amounts of sarcasm may be included in the above post.
  • Rista BRista B627,308
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,282,085
    Posted on 12 May 14 at 19:41, Edited on 12 May 14 at 19:41 by ChewieOnIce
    Beanpotter said:
    Best. List. EVAR! Most amusing.

One minor grammatical error: -

Chewie said:
    The Top Five

5: Look in you bag of tricks - Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
    your*
    I don't know what you could possibly mean. I think you are talking out of your Beanus.

wink
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,633,769
    Posted on 12 May 14 at 19:44, Edited on 12 May 14 at 19:45 by iMaginaryy
    drabik said:
    iMaginaryy said:
    Legohead 1977 said:

There's a better version of this type:
    Fairytale FightsLazy BastardThe Lazy Bastard achievement in Fairytale Fights worth 21 pointsRemain in Taleville for more than 15 minutes.

dance
    Huh, missed this game. Lot of fun achievements on it's list though. I'll have to check it out!
    Fear is the mindkiller.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.