Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: "Gimme" Achievements

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 May 14 at 20:15, Edited on 12 May 14 at 21:21 by
    How about these:

SwarmSacrificial LambsThe Sacrificial Lambs achievement in Swarm worth 5 pointsKill 50 Swarmites

Start game. Walk into trap. Done.

Contrast (Xbox 360)A New DimensionThe A New Dimension achievement in Contrast (Xbox 360) worth 20 pointsUnlocked when the player shifts for the first time.

Same level as transforming. Yeah I did that thing that I'll do a hundred more times before finishing this game...

State of DecayCannibal Family PicnicThe Cannibal Family Picnic achievement in State of Decay worth 5 pointsGet to the Mt. Tanner Ranger Station.

What's that? Walk right ahead? Okay...

Phantom Breaker: Battle GroundsA New BattleThe A New Battle achievement in Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds worth 5 pointsStart the Game

Another one for the number one tied spot.

I feel like the definite winners have to be these though:
    Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium WarsMister NO it allThe Mister NO it all achievement in Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars worth 0 pointsNegative Achievement: Skipping the Tutorial suggestion from SP

Command & Conquer 3: Kane's WrathSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath worth 0 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

For not even bothering with the tutorial. Yay, achievement!
    I believe in a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
  • Posted on 12 May 14 at 20:45
    Raezie said:
    Cave games are my personal favourite for this.

Akai KatanaOpening SalvoThe Opening Salvo achievement in Akai Katana worth 5 pointsStart up Akai Katana!

Deathsmiles (EU)Opening SalvoThe Opening Salvo achievement in Deathsmiles (EU) worth 5 pointsPlay any mode once.Xbox 360 / Arcade

DoDonPachi Resurrection (EU)Engage HostilesThe Engage Hostiles achievement in DoDonPachi Resurrection (EU) worth 5 pointsStart up the game.

Lures you in with the easy stuff then you realise youre fucked because they're amongst the hardest games to actual complete laugh
    Yes, them!
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....5th in the WORLD!!!
  • WicelowWicelow1,361,420
    Posted on 12 May 14 at 20:52
    I have them all minus the Transformers one... I might be playing a bit too much :-/
    Eat. Play. Love.
  • WeisGuy9WeisGuy9734,194
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 03:44
    Once again a nice list! Keep it up, guys.
    CEO/GSSP: Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
  • PrimeBigTimePrimeBigTime783,455
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 03:51
    Don't forget Wall-E if no one has posted that. All you do is follow the damn cockroach at the beginning for a second to get 5g thus roping you into completing an annoying game.
  • Posted on 13 May 14 at 04:31
    I have a few.
    The Orange BoxSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in The Orange Box worth 7 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

The Orange BoxSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in The Orange Box worth 7 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

All of The Walking Dead achievements and The Wolf Among Us.

And this one should have been a warning for how bad the game was going to be.
    Duke Nukem ForeverTurd BurglarThe Turd Burglar achievement in Duke Nukem Forever worth 12 pointsFind and steal a piece of poo
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 May 14 at 05:15
    I have death smiles 2-x its in japanes but easy achievement once you start playing the game on your first level
  • Posted on 13 May 14 at 05:49
    The whole game "Avatar: The Burning Earth" should have made the list.
  • drabikdrabik358,586
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 07:33
    iMaginaryy said:
    drabik said:
    iMaginaryy said:
    Legohead 1977 said:
    Good list, while reading the comments I have been trying to think if there are other games with achievements for just putting the controller down (like Saw)...I am sure there are, but I just can't remember what they are!
    Here's another one I just got recently:

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7IdlingThe Idling achievement in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 worth 23 pointsStand still with no controller input for 5 minutes

Considering your name, I figure this may be one you were thinking of :P
    There's a better version of this type:
    Fairytale FightsLazy BastardThe Lazy Bastard achievement in Fairytale Fights worth 21 pointsRemain in Taleville for more than 15 minutes.

dance
    Huh, missed this game. Lot of fun achievements on it's list though. I'll have to check it out!
    *cough* There's a good walkthrough too *cough* wink
    [20:15:34] Dimmock : Turtles never lose, they live longer then us so it is at worst a delayed win.
  • Posted on 13 May 14 at 08:09
    Talk about missing the obviously one that should have been on this list.

The achievement in Chime.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,282,085
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 08:41
    MattiasAnderson said:
    Talk about missing the obviously one that should have been on this list.

The achievement in Chime.
    Wasn't familiar with that one but it sure is a "gimme" of the highest order. Good find.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 13:21, Edited on 13 May 14 at 13:21 by ChewieOnIce
    CoMaestro said:
    "Whoooo are you? Who? Who? Who? Who?"
    "Woooo are you? Woo? Woo? Woo? Woo?"
    That one was genious
    That was my crowning achievement. Glad you liked it.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Posted on 13 May 14 at 13:37
    Don't know if it was mentioned yet, but an annoying one would be:

Double Dragon NeonSkullmageddon's CurseThe Skullmageddon's Curse achievement in Double Dragon Neon worth 1 pointsNyah ha ha! Now finish what you have started!

Yay - 1 GS for starting that meh game! roll
    Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 14:19
    EMPATH1C MIM1C said:
    Don't know if it was mentioned yet, but an annoying one would be:

Double Dragon NeonSkullmageddon's CurseThe Skullmageddon's Curse achievement in Double Dragon Neon worth 1 pointsNyah ha ha! Now finish what you have started!

Yay - 1 GS for starting that meh game! roll
    That one's horrible. Bleurg.
  • Posted on 13 May 14 at 16:22
    "Fairy Godmother" in Chime.

50 gamerscore just for pressing the start button.
  • Posted on 13 May 14 at 17:14
    MotoX Champ88 said:
    I think this piece of crap should have made the list. Not only is it a "gimme" but it's a scam too.
    Game RoomShow Me!The Show Me! achievement in Game Room worth 5 pointsVisit the Showcase Arcade

You see a free game on the marketplace & download it only to find out that it's not really free but it's too late because you've just wrecked your completion percentage for simply starting up what appears to be a "free" game. Clearly this was done to entrap Achievement Hunters and force them to spend ridiculous amounts of time and money to complete it. angry
    If someone is that worried about completions, they got what they deserved. For every person that accidentally popped checking out a free game, there was probably 10 that heard free achievements and popped some then realized it was free with an asterisk.
  • SwollockSwollock145,059
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 18:48
    Basically any achievements from Prison Break.

Start of with two straight away,

Break out of a head lock

and then also start playing the game.

Simple and easy, nice 30GS straight up, 2 mins into game
    Get To The Games
  • NicholasNicholas393,514
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 19:24, Edited on 13 May 14 at 19:25 by Nicholas
    Billy Horrible said:
    I feel like the definite winners have to be these though:
    Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium WarsMister NO it allThe Mister NO it all achievement in Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars worth 0 pointsNegative Achievement: Skipping the Tutorial suggestion from SP

Command & Conquer 3: Kane's WrathSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath worth 0 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

For not even bothering with the tutorial. Yay, achievement!
    Actually these, for me, were a total pain cause even though I didn't do the tutorial, I didn't get them. Then I had to do the work around.
    I think this one could have been on the list even though it's not a popular game:
    StormSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Storm worth 10 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Do nothing for 30 seconds.
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator266,917
    Posted on 14 May 14 at 01:19
    oh I need to get back and actually play through Stranglehold lol and watch the movie again

I definitely need to try out Deadpool sometime. it's been calling from Redbox/GameFly lol
  • Posted on 14 May 14 at 03:53
    The SaboteurChain SmokerThe Chain Smoker achievement in The Saboteur worth 10 pointsSpend a lot of time idling around doing nothing.

This one would be on the opposite end of the spectrum. All you have to do is stand there, but you have to do it for awhile. I don't even have it because I was afraid of red rings.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.