The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: Black Friday Extra Discounts

  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64317,627
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 14:12
    CoMaestro said:Step 1. Set Xbox One to America
    Step 2. Use http://fakeusaaddress.com/ for billing address
    Step 3. Use http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/Xbox-Live-50-Card/ to buy shit
    Step 4. Buy shit.
    until the day Microsoft decides to actually enforce their regional policies, find out you don't actually live in US, have been using this to save a ton of money... and ultimately decide to ban your account... together with all the associated downloads you paid for.

    they might have never done this in the past years... but that doesn't mean they suddenly do it.
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,633,459
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 14:18
    Phoenix C64 said:CoMaestro said:Step 1. Set Xbox One to America
    Step 2. Use http://fakeusaaddress.com/ for billing address
    Step 3. Use http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/Xbox-Live-50-Card/ to buy shit
    Step 4. Buy shit.
    until the day Microsoft decides to actually enforce their regional policies, find out you don't actually live in US, have been using this to save a ton of money... and ultimately decide to ban your account... together with all the associated downloads you paid for.

    they might have never done this in the past years... but that doesn't mean they suddenly do it.
    Ms have banned alot of ppl for changing their region to get a better deal elsewhere, a friend changed to get an xbla game from a different region and his gamer tag was banned PERMANENTLY so i would advise against it, unless you use a profile/gamertag you don't worry about a ban.

    these digital deals are still WAAAAAY overpriced i mean watch dogs was £25 on x1 and £20 in 360 retail in game last week and digital version £40?! What a joke. And a load of places have advanced warefare at £25 today.
    digital prices are ridiculous and have no re-sale value at all, i will never understand digital over retail, if you are too lazy to go to a shop or order from a website you are pushing up prices for everyone else
  • Ultra SevenUltra Seven558,483
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 14:18
    Fire Hawk GYJS said: What is wrong with you people? These sales are for people who want digital such as myself. If I had the money, I'd totally buy a $30 copy of a game over the $10 disc version. The sale on disc-versions is inconsequential.roll

    Okay.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty841,213
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 14:21
    TSG Dwaggie said:NawtyCawty said:TSG Dwaggie said:...

    Don't buy in, people.
    It's always like that. Everything is cheaper in the US. Get over it.
    And YOU saying stuff like that IS WHAT MAKES THEM THINK THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT. You're as much of the problem as microsoft.
    It's not Microsoft dufus. It's the way of the world. Everything is cheaper in the US. Games, clothes, cars, technology. It's called economics. If you are that bothered move somewhere else.
  • matdanmatdan840,867
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 14:21
    Ultra Seven said:Fire Hawk GYJS said: What is wrong with you people? These sales are for people who want digital such as myself. If I had the money, I'd totally buy a $30 copy of a game over the $10 disc version. The sale on disc-versions is inconsequential.roll

    Okay.
    He is that one guy that does not mind getting ripped off.
  • moNoKnoTmoNoKnoT132,594
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,633,459
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 14:27
    Ultra Seven said:Fire Hawk GYJS said: What is wrong with you people? These sales are for people who want digital such as myself. If I had the money, I'd totally buy a $30 copy of a game over the $10 disc version. The sale on disc-versions is inconsequential.roll

    Okay.
    why?! You and other ppl who pay extra for this push the game prices up for the rest of us. Get off your arse and go to a shop or order it from a website! Payin an extra $20 so you don't have to move from you're sofa is idiotic. Or are you a millionaire?!
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,771,316
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 14:29, Edited on 28 November 14 at 14:39 by ChewieOnIce
    XbAndy360 said:Need for Speed™ Rivals: Complete Edition Bundle Pack - it's not a game, just a dlc pack. The right place would be: "xbox360 dlc without achievements" (not games on demand).Thanks for picking up on that. Fixing it now.

    TrueBlade94 said:• The Evil Within (Xbox One) - 29% off - Now US$29.99 / £42.49 / €59.49

    I don't know the current conversion rates, but surely that's wrong? US less than UK? Or does the discount only apply in the US for that game?
    Unfortunately not. The discount is actually 50% in the US, rather than the 30% other regions are getting.

    IKV91 said:Is the sales for north american users only?The US$ / £ / € / AU$ / ¥ pricing should give you an indication. The sale is available across most regions.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Posted on 28 November 14 at 14:35
    Unfcnbleevibl said:$40 for a digital copy of Borderlands Prequel Sequel? You can get a physical copy for cheaper, Amazon has it for $35 and Best Buy has it for $30. Destiny is $5 cheaper at Amazon as well.

    Not all that thrilled with any of these deals. And by the time I get around to playing any of them, the games will be $20. I can wait till I get through more of backlog before wasting money.
    just got pre the sequel at walmart a few hours ago for 25 bucks at walmart
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh3,726,807
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 14:37
    NO1KEV said:Phoenix C64 said:CoMaestro said:Step 1. Set Xbox One to America
    Step 2. Use http://fakeusaaddress.com/ for billing address
    Step 3. Use http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/Xbox-Live-50-Card/ to buy shit
    Step 4. Buy shit.
    until the day Microsoft decides to actually enforce their regional policies, find out you don't actually live in US, have been using this to save a ton of money... and ultimately decide to ban your account... together with all the associated downloads you paid for.

    they might have never done this in the past years... but that doesn't mean they suddenly do it.
    Ms have banned alot of ppl for changing their region to get a better deal elsewhere, a friend changed to get an xbla game from a different region and his gamer tag was banned PERMANENTLY so i would advise against it, unless you use a profile/gamertag you don't worry about a ban.

    these digital deals are still WAAAAAY overpriced i mean watch dogs was £25 on x1 and £20 in 360 retail in game last week and digital version £40?! What a joke. And a load of places have advanced warefare at £25 today.
    digital prices are ridiculous and have no re-sale value at all, i will never understand digital over retail, if you are too lazy to go to a shop or order from a website you are pushing up prices for everyone else
    Who got banned? It's been done pretty much since the 360 came out and no one has been banned JUST for changing regions. If you have a valid method of payment in that Region then it is okay with MS.

    People were banned for the whole Oman thing which was an entirely different ball game.

    If people are banned for it then fair enough, I'll shut up. But I've seen no proof to show MS bans for buying stuff in other regions plus I've been doing it for about 6 years now and all XB1 content from other regions on my actual account.
  • Posted on 28 November 14 at 14:40
    Rondund said:You think you still get the Xbone version of Destiny for free if you buy the discounted 360 GoD version? You had to buy the digital copy on the one to get the digital 360 version free and if i recall you have until sometime in january to take that offer up but double check that before you spend the money thinking you'll get both
  • GamerDtK78GamerDtK78374,487
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 14:54
    What is wrong with you people? These sales are for people who want digital such as myself. If I had the money, I'd totally buy a $30 copy of a game over the $10 disc version. The sale on disc-versions is inconsequential.facepalm

    Instead of asking people what is wrong with them, you should ask yourself what-the-hell is wrong with you!
    The signature appears at the bottom of the post.
  • Posted on 28 November 14 at 14:58
    This sale is a bag of dicks
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • Posted on 28 November 14 at 15:01
    Will there ever be a sale where people are simply appreciative for the opportunity to buy a digital game cheaper than listed? Every sale brings hate towards Microsoft because of conversion rates, the selection of games is not what they want, or the price reduction isn't good enough for them. The sense of entitlement for some is moronic.

    If you do not like the prices - do not buy the damn game.
  • Posted on 28 November 14 at 15:07
    TSG Dwaggie said:Battlefield 4 (Xbox One) - 50% off - Now US$19.99 / £20.00
    $19.99 =/= £20.
    $19.99 = £12.74.
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One) "Digital Pro Edition" - Now US$89.99 / £80.99
    $89.99 =/= £80.99.
    $89.99 = £57.33.
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

    Destiny (Xbox One) "Digital Guardian Edition" (includes all DLC and other content) - Now US$79.99 / £76.49.
    $79.99 =/= £76.49
    $79.99 = £50.96.
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

    Are you seeing a pattern yet?

    FIFA 15 (Xbox One) "Holiday Edition" (includes 2200 FIFA points and other items) - Now US$32.99 / £30.24
    $32.99 =/= £30.24
    $32.99 = £21.02.
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

    Madden NFL 15 (Xbox One) - 45% off - Now US$32.99 / £30.24
    $32.99 =/= £30.24
    $32.99 = £21.02.
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One) - 50% off - Now US$29.99 / £27.50
    $29.99 =/= £27.50
    $29.99 = £19.10.
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

    NHL 15 (Xbox One) - 45% off - Now US$32.99 / £30.24
    $32.99 =/= £30.24
    $32.99 = £21.02.
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

    Ryse: Son of Rome "Legendary Edition" (includes all DLC) - 50% off - Now US$24.99 / £22.50
    $24.99 =/= £22.50
    $24.99 = £15.92
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

    The Evil Within (Xbox One) - 29% off - Now US$29.99 / £42.49
    ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!?!?!
    $29.99 DOES NOT EQUAL £42.49.
    $29.99 = £19.10.
    DIFFERENCE OF £23.39!!!
    23 pounds of FUCK YOU from Microsoft to EVERY UK resident.

    The Walking Dead (Xbox One) - 40% off - Now US$14.99 / £11.99
    $14.99 =/= £11.99
    $14.99 = £9.54
    This is about right, after tax.

    The Walking Dead: Season Two (Xbox One) - 40% off - Now US$14.99 / £11.99
    $14.99 =/= £11.99
    $14.99 = £9.54
    This is about right, after tax.

    The Walking Dead & The Walking Dead: Season Two Bundle - 40% off - Now US$24.99 / £20.00
    $24.99 =/= £20.00
    $24.99 = £15.92
    This is about right, after tax.

    Titanfall (Xbox One) - 75% off - Now US$9.99 / £10.00
    I don't even need to do this. Why would you get this, when you can get the next thing below... with all DLC... for FREE.

    Titanfall "Deluxe Edition" (includes all DLC) - 75% off - Now US$12.49 / £10.00
    This is actually about right, after tax is added.

    Watch_Dogs (Xbox One) - 33% off - Now US$39.99 / £40.19
    ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!?!?!
    $39.99 DOES NOT EQUAL £40.19.
    $39.99 = £25.46.
    DIFFERENCE OF £14.73!!!
    14 pounds of FUCK YOU from Microsoft to EVERY UK resident.

    Wolfenstein: The New Order (Xbox One) - 50% off - Now US$29.99 / £25.00
    $29.99 =/= £25.00
    $29.99 = £19.096
    This is however about right after tax is added.

    These deals may be awesome for america, but for the UK? They're fucking ridiculous, and an INSULT.

    Don't buy in, people.
    I still have the "fuck you" ringing in my head from E3... Never mind price conversions!
    Are we born not knowing or are we born knowing all,are we growing wiser or are we just growing tall.
  • S P 4 C E YS P 4 C E Y398,817
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 15:08
    TrueBlade94 said:• The Evil Within (Xbox One) - 29% off - Now US$29.99 / £42.49 / €59.49

    I don't know the current conversion rates, but surely that's wrong? US less than UK? Or does the discount only apply in the US for that game?
    So the game is 2.5 x cheaper (150%!) for Americans than it is for Europeans?

    Seriously. What the fuck is this?
    Category 3D SFA Referee - PSIA Freestyle Ski Coach with M.A in Politics. Random huh?
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf614,795
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 15:09
    A BANNED CRIBB said:Will there ever be a sale where people are simply appreciative for the opportunity to buy a digital game cheaper than listed? Every sale brings hate towards Microsoft because of conversion rates, the selection of games is not what they want, or the price reduction isn't good enough for them. The sense of entitlement for some is moronic.

    If you do not like the prices - do not buy the damn game.
    do you work for Microsoft or something? consumers expect the best price on things they buy, Microsoft doesn't understand that, nor do they attempt to deliver that to us.
  • JW DEUCEJW DEUCE184,722
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 15:11
    TSG Dwaggie said:Battlefield 4 (Xbox One) - 50% off - Now US$19.99 / £20.00
    $19.99 =/= £20.
    $19.99 = £12.74.
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One) "Digital Pro Edition" - Now US$89.99 / £80.99
    $89.99 =/= £80.99.
    $89.99 = £57.33.
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

    Destiny (Xbox One) "Digital Guardian Edition" (includes all DLC and other content) - Now US$79.99 / £76.49.
    $79.99 =/= £76.49
    $79.99 = £50.96.
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

    Are you seeing a pattern yet?

    FIFA 15 (Xbox One) "Holiday Edition" (includes 2200 FIFA points and other items) - Now US$32.99 / £30.24
    $32.99 =/= £30.24
    $32.99 = £21.02.
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

    Madden NFL 15 (Xbox One) - 45% off - Now US$32.99 / £30.24
    $32.99 =/= £30.24
    $32.99 = £21.02.
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One) - 50% off - Now US$29.99 / £27.50
    $29.99 =/= £27.50
    $29.99 = £19.10.
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

    NHL 15 (Xbox One) - 45% off - Now US$32.99 / £30.24
    $32.99 =/= £30.24
    $32.99 = £21.02.
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

    Ryse: Son of Rome "Legendary Edition" (includes all DLC) - 50% off - Now US$24.99 / £22.50
    $24.99 =/= £22.50
    $24.99 = £15.92
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

    The Evil Within (Xbox One) - 29% off - Now US$29.99 / £42.49
    ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!?!?!
    $29.99 DOES NOT EQUAL £42.49.
    $29.99 = £19.10.
    DIFFERENCE OF £23.39!!!
    23 pounds of FUCK YOU from Microsoft to EVERY UK resident.

    The Walking Dead (Xbox One) - 40% off - Now US$14.99 / £11.99
    $14.99 =/= £11.99
    $14.99 = £9.54
    This is about right, after tax.

    The Walking Dead: Season Two (Xbox One) - 40% off - Now US$14.99 / £11.99
    $14.99 =/= £11.99
    $14.99 = £9.54
    This is about right, after tax.

    The Walking Dead & The Walking Dead: Season Two Bundle - 40% off - Now US$24.99 / £20.00
    $24.99 =/= £20.00
    $24.99 = £15.92
    This is about right, after tax.

    Titanfall (Xbox One) - 75% off - Now US$9.99 / £10.00
    I don't even need to do this. Why would you get this, when you can get the next thing below... with all DLC... for FREE.

    Titanfall "Deluxe Edition" (includes all DLC) - 75% off - Now US$12.49 / £10.00
    This is actually about right, after tax is added.

    Watch_Dogs (Xbox One) - 33% off - Now US$39.99 / £40.19
    ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!?!?!
    $39.99 DOES NOT EQUAL £40.19.
    $39.99 = £25.46.
    DIFFERENCE OF £14.73!!!
    14 pounds of FUCK YOU from Microsoft to EVERY UK resident.

    Wolfenstein: The New Order (Xbox One) - 50% off - Now US$29.99 / £25.00
    $29.99 =/= £25.00
    $29.99 = £19.096
    This is however about right after tax is added.

    These deals may be awesome for america, but for the UK? They're fucking ridiculous, and an INSULT.

    Don't buy in, people.
    This is the greatest and most hilarious post I have ever read
    Just because I ain't, don't mean I can't!
  • dirtysock47dirtysock47427,676
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 15:13
    Too bad i grabbed Titanfall brand new for $20 yesterday. But, at least i got a $15 card in case the pass went on sale again
  • InundatedDadInundatedDad231,271
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 15:16
    GuiT4rPlYnPrik said:Rondund said:You think you still get the Xbone version of Destiny for free if you buy the discounted 360 GoD version? You had to buy the digital copy on the one to get the digital 360 version free and if i recall you have until sometime in january to take that offer up but double check that before you spend the money thinking you'll get bothThis is directly from the 360 listing of Destiny on xbox.com:

    Purchasing this digital content entitles you to both the digital Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions. Offer expires 1/15/15.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.