The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: Black Friday Extra Discounts

• MrGompersMrGompers915,918
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 17:01
    Nox Mortiis said:Too bad I can't buy my XBO until the fourth... Anyone know of a way to get in on some of those sales without having the One yet so I can download them when I do have it?Log into to your account on xbox.com and you can buy games there for the one. When you get the one the games will be waiting for you to download. You can do this with the games with gold games too.
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,678,315
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 17:02
    Totally agree, I've complained about the price discrepancies between the £ and $.
    Se always seem to pay more.

Bought the walking dead bundle but nothing else as either too expensive or already have or not interested.
    scotwolf2
  • Posted on 28 November 14 at 17:04
    rocking23nf said:A BANNED CRIBB said:Will there ever be a sale where people are simply appreciative for the opportunity to buy a digital game cheaper than listed? Every sale brings hate towards Microsoft because of conversion rates, the selection of games is not what they want, or the price reduction isn't good enough for them. The sense of entitlement for some is moronic.

If you do not like the prices - do not buy the damn game.
    do you work for Microsoft or something? consumers expect the best price on things they buy, Microsoft doesn't understand that, nor do they attempt to deliver that to us.
    Microsoft is not obligated to provide sales on digital content. They can run their company the way they choose. If you do not like their pricing - use your consumer rights and don't purchase their products.

Do you go to a clothing store and bitch at the clerk because the shirt you want is on sale but it is still not cheap enough? Do you look over the Wal-Mart Sunday advertisement and complain because Chef Bovardi Raviolis are not on sale but you think they SHOULD be? This is the sense of entitlement that many of the babies demonstrate every week in these sale threads.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,633,459
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 17:08
    ITz l Skillz l said:Bunch of little whinny babies on this site. If you don't like the sales whoopy doo da day get over it. Microsoft is an American owned company so people that live in the U.S. gets the better deal out of everybody else. Look at the other gaming industries. People in the European area gets the special editions of Legend of Zelda and all those other games that are made in Europe. You don't hear us Americans bitching and complaining. Digital games are good to a certain point but if you're a completionist how are you going to trade or sale your game? You can't cause its downloaded. I only got like 15 or 20 GoD on my HDD cause it was much cheaper than a disc copy, mainly goes for 360 copies of games. The only good deal on here is the Titanfall Season Pass, which is kind of BS cause the 360 version was on sale couple weeks ago and it doesn't carry over to X1. Be thankful enough that stuff gets put on sale period cause the companies can be A$$holes and don't put stuff on sale.yes but Ms is selling its goods worldwide so to just give the best deals to USA if a big middle finger to the rest of their customers! And legend of Zelda made in Europe?! Really when did that happen?! Also whenever a certain game or say a edition of assassins creed or something doesn't get released in USA I see like 90% of complaints from Americans saying does ubisoft hate the USA?, etc. Americans don't bitch?! Hmmm okay I believe you!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 November 14 at 17:14
    JW DEUCE said:TSG Dwaggie said:Battlefield 4 (Xbox One) - 50% off - Now US$19.99 / £20.00
    $19.99 =/= £20.
    $19.99 = £12.74.
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One) "Digital Pro Edition" - Now US$89.99 / £80.99
    $89.99 =/= £80.99.
    $89.99 = £57.33.

Destiny (Xbox One) "Digital Guardian Edition" (includes all DLC and other content) - Now US$79.99 / £76.49.
    $79.99 =/= £76.49
    $79.99 = £50.96.

Are you seeing a pattern yet?

FIFA 15 (Xbox One) "Holiday Edition" (includes 2200 FIFA points and other items) - Now US$32.99 / £30.24
    $32.99 =/= £30.24
    $32.99 = £21.02.

Madden NFL 15 (Xbox One) - 45% off - Now US$32.99 / £30.24
    $32.99 =/= £30.24
    $32.99 = £21.02.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One) - 50% off - Now US$29.99 / £27.50
    $29.99 =/= £27.50
    $29.99 = £19.10.

NHL 15 (Xbox One) - 45% off - Now US$32.99 / £30.24
    $32.99 =/= £30.24
    $32.99 = £21.02.

Ryse: Son of Rome "Legendary Edition" (includes all DLC) - 50% off - Now US$24.99 / £22.50
    $24.99 =/= £22.50
    $24.99 = £15.92

The Evil Within (Xbox One) - 29% off - Now US$29.99 / £42.49
    ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!?!?!
    $29.99 DOES NOT EQUAL £42.49.
    $29.99 = £19.10.
    DIFFERENCE OF £23.39!!!
    23 pounds of FUCK YOU from Microsoft to EVERY UK resident.

The Walking Dead (Xbox One) - 40% off - Now US$14.99 / £11.99
    $14.99 =/= £11.99
    $14.99 = £9.54
    This is about right, after tax.

The Walking Dead: Season Two (Xbox One) - 40% off - Now US$14.99 / £11.99
    $14.99 =/= £11.99
    $14.99 = £9.54

The Walking Dead & The Walking Dead: Season Two Bundle - 40% off - Now US$24.99 / £20.00
    $24.99 =/= £20.00
    $24.99 = £15.92

Titanfall (Xbox One) - 75% off - Now US$9.99 / £10.00
    I don't even need to do this. Why would you get this, when you can get the next thing below... with all DLC... for FREE.

Titanfall "Deluxe Edition" (includes all DLC) - 75% off - Now US$12.49 / £10.00
    This is actually about right, after tax is added.

Watch_Dogs (Xbox One) - 33% off - Now US$39.99 / £40.19
    ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!?!?!
    $39.99 DOES NOT EQUAL £40.19.
    $39.99 = £25.46.
    DIFFERENCE OF £14.73!!!
    14 pounds of FUCK YOU from Microsoft to EVERY UK resident.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (Xbox One) - 50% off - Now US$29.99 / £25.00
    $29.99 =/= £25.00
    $29.99 = £19.096
    This is however about right after tax is added.

These deals may be awesome for america, but for the UK? They're fucking ridiculous, and an INSULT.

Don't buy in, people.
    This is the greatest and most hilarious post I have ever read
    You apparently haven't been on the internet for very long.
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
  • pg88pg8869,414
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 17:26
    Wow, Destiny only 58 bucks :-D even more expensive than on amazon, what a joke.
  • SlavenBOSSSlavenBOSS954,077
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 17:27
    any1 know if the walking dead games on xb1 have better graphics or are they the same?
  • Throni360Throni3602,226,976
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 17:30
    SlavenBOSS said:any1 know if the walking dead games on xb1 have better graphics or are they the same?Same lags and framrate drops as the 360 version. It's exactly the same including all typos (in the german subtitles). Poor port and money grab. Only buy it if you want easy GS.
  • SlavenBOSSSlavenBOSS954,077
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 17:32
    Throni360 said:SlavenBOSS said:any1 know if the walking dead games on xb1 have better graphics or are they the same?Same lags and framrate drops as the 360 version. It's exactly the same including all typos (in the german subtitles). Poor port and money grab. Only buy it if you want easy GS.im gonna get it cause im all about that easy Gs
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 November 14 at 17:35
    Damn I was expecting more, these are crappy deals cry
    If that's that then this has got to be this
  • Posted on 28 November 14 at 17:37
    I might get Walking dead season 2, anyone know of any cheaper deals in Canada for it?
  • DarthDawaDarthDawa406,598
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 17:38
    Groceries cost more in certain parts of my city than others...why?..because some of us will pay more for them. As long as your fellow Europeans will pay the higher prices, that's what the market allows. All of these companies play favorites with their home countries, but at the end of the day they want to make money. A couple of years ago Target was selling ms points for half off and a guy bought a ton of them and was selling them for 75 cents on the dollar. The people buying them knew he was making money on them, but bought them anyway because they provided a value to them. Moral of the story, don't buy something that doesn't provide you a value and if you do don't blame the merchant.
    DarthDawa
  • YOOPER 906YOOPER 9061,016,720
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 18:11
    Lcn_AME
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 November 14 at 18:11
    The reason why GonD game prices are shitty is because publishers have deals with retailers, that digital prices are about the same as physical where in return retailers stock their products in favorable spots in their stores and advertise them in their storefront.
    Its not only the case for games, but for movies, music, books, ... as well and since physical is still the biggest slice of the market a company can't undercut retailer prices as if say EA made Fifa 15 cheaper for example gamestop wouldn't stock that game anymore and a lot more people would buy PES instead.
    But its gradually shifting. As digital sales increase publishers get more independant so digital sales offers have become a bit better. As GonD started there were almost no sales on them and now from time to time we even get good deals inbetween like for example Deus Ex HR for 5$/€ or the first Darksiders for 5$/€ as well a few month ago.
    Right now they just can't afford, to go on full assault towards retailers, but sonner or later I guess stores like Gamestop will go the way of the Dodo.
    But I fear that when there is no more competition from retailers GonD games will again tank at full price. On PC you have at least Steam, GOG, Origin, Green man, amazon and so on competing, but on consoles you just have MS, Sony and Nintendo and if you don't like the prices too bad for you.
    We have seen that with arcade games and DLC. Even 8 year old DLC and Arcade games are still at their original price. Some stuff has never been on sale and even if it was, if you are on vacation or whatever when the game you waited for is on sale, it may never be on sale again.
    I would much rather see gradual price decrease over time, than weekly sales. But I guess timed sales are much better, as especially steam shows, since people buy stuff because they may wanna play it at some point and it may never be as cheap again. I'm guilty of that myself. I also bought games on sale, that I have never played.
    I don't like it but I think it will happen, that games go full digital, I hope there will at least be a gradual price decrease over time as well even without retail, forcing it. Retail needs to decrease prices to get rid of the old stuff, to have room for the new stuff but with digital there is no such need.
  • T r a s k xT r a s k x1,775,162
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 18:12
    Always thought games on demand was way overpriced,no matter where your from,which is why i only get the ones that are free every month.Nothing can ever beat a physical copy of a game because overall,there always cheaper and hardly take any space on your hard drive.
  • Posted on 28 November 14 at 18:18
    ok im done, im gonna plug my SNES, fuck modern gaming
  • Living LegendsLiving Legends1,090,361
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 18:18
    other than terraria which is for my wifes cousins there is nothing here for me. i will be buying the titanfall pass for x360 as i was holding out in case something came out cheaper.
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan968,251
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 18:29
    They could have done a promotion on the Borderlands' Season Pass too...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 November 14 at 18:38
    Fire Hawk GYJS said:TSG Dwaggie said:NawtyCawty said:TSG Dwaggie said:...

Don't buy in, people.
    It's always like that. Everything is cheaper in the US. Get over it.
    And YOU saying stuff like that IS WHAT MAKES THEM THINK THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT. You're as much of the problem as microsoft.
    Why are you mad at Microsoft? Instead, go talk to the publishers and ask why those prices are like that. It could be a variety of factors, but only a fool would think they're meant to be direct conversions from dollars to other currencies and vice versa.

Anyway, those people complaining that it's cheaper to buy physical...why not just go buy physical then? Why even complain? What is wrong with you people? These sales are for people who want digital such as myself. If I had the money, I'd totally buy a $30 copy of a game over the $10 disc version. The sale on disc-versions is inconsequential.
    Nobody is really mad at the price, just the conversion rates. Now if you was the one that would be fucked up like paying higher because of bad conversion rates, you would complain too. Anyway, read my signature.
    Case Closed so don't debate it.
  • DraluntDralunt397,278
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 18:41
    That's a fantastic price for Titanfall! Nothing for me tho, not worth while for a digital version to me.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.