The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: Black Friday Extra Discounts

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 November 14 at 03:35, Edited on 29 November 14 at 03:35 by
    The Walking Dead bundle season 1 & 2 (Xbox One) for £20? SOLD.
    Written in the stars.
  • Posted on 29 November 14 at 06:12
    A BANNED CRIBB said:Will there ever be a sale where people are simply appreciative for the opportunity to buy a digital game cheaper than listed? Every sale brings hate towards Microsoft because of conversion rates, the selection of games is not what they want, or the price reduction isn't good enough for them. The sense of entitlement for some is moronic.

If you do not like the prices - do not buy the damn game.
    You do realize this is an internet chat room dedicated to gaming deals, right ? The internet is all about complaining, and regional pricing has been terribad for ages, so its always fair game. This is Black Friday, this is the one time of the year where you check your console and hope to be wowed. Titanfall is the big winner of this bunch, but there are a LOT of games on sale for not much off $60, and that is just not impressive when almost every physical game is at least 50 % off somewhere.
    Your financial solution
  • Posted on 29 November 14 at 06:20, Edited on 29 November 14 at 06:25 by triplewitching
    NO1KEV said:Ultra Seven said:Fire Hawk GYJS said: What is wrong with you people? These sales are for people who want digital such as myself. If I had the money, I'd totally buy a $30 copy of a game over the $10 disc version. The sale on disc-versions is inconsequential.roll

Okay.
    why?! You and other ppl who pay extra for this push the game prices up for the rest of us. Get off your arse and go to a shop or order it from a website! Payin an extra $20 so you don't have to move from you're sofa is idiotic. Or are you a millionaire?!
    Most adult gamers can easily afford one $60 game a month, no problem. Time has been the limiting factor for me, ever since the PS 1 era. I would prefer if everyone stayed physical, and we got the manuals back, but its just not gonna happen. The future is Digital, and we are all gonna get there sooner or sooner. The lazy will buy their new games digital, and the cheap bastards like me will suck up all the GwG games, even if we get less than Sony gives each month. With 6 months of GwG and the games that just release at free (Proj Spark, Voice Commander), I'm already 90 % + digital on the One, and I HATE digital, and I have never bought a Games on Demand title. Damn you, Future !!!1!
    Your financial solution
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,645,910
    Posted on 29 November 14 at 10:48
    Best Buy deals were better.

Except Titanfall. They're giving that thing away now, aren't they?
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth. Don't forget the [popcorn].
  • Posted on 29 November 14 at 10:57
    Tiranfall is a must for that price!!!!!
  • Posted on 29 November 14 at 13:03
    Gosh i save so much money. Nothing for me here as there are no arcade games barely on sale. I got terraria already.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,322,881
    Posted on 29 November 14 at 16:20
    Fanta Morgana said:HolyHa1fDead said:It's not Microsoft that sets the prices or the sale prices. It's a bit like blaming a car dealer for why the Ferrari costs more than the Ford. If you want cheaper Ferraris, go complain to Ferrari. Sure the car dealer will be getting their cut, but the best they can do is reduce the Ferrari within their margins. Rockstar are consistently and significantly reducing the prices of their games and yet some still complain that Microsoft should put something else on sale, like Microsoft have some sort of power over EA or Activisions pricing.
    Microsoft has at least some control over it as this article states:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112912-Team-Meat-W...
    The article states:" He (Team Meat dev. McMillen) claimed the studio asks every month if the game can be included in a sale or get some kind of promotional push, but the answer is always no."
    So we can't be sure if this is because MS controls all devs and publishers like this, or if it is because Super Meat Boy was a MS published title.
    We don't know who has a say in it to what degree, so I think its totally valid to direct ones complaints towards Microsoft until they give us an official press release stating who is in control of sale prices and duration to what degree, so we can properly adjust our complaints. Also MS could at least put some more of their own titles (a large chunk of the XBLA libary are MS published games) and DLCs on sale more often.
    Under US law, publishers set the price of digital content (including but not limited to TV, music, and video games). Marketplace vendors can work with publishers to create sale opportunities for their marketplace, but they cannot adjust the price without the go ahead from the publisher even if a price cut came solely out of the vendors' margins.
    Super Meat Boy, as you mention, was a MS published title so they have the call on that game on the 360. They wouldn't however have control of something like FIFA, since EA retains the rights to set the price for their published game.
  • NomstuffNomstuff839,485
    Posted on 29 November 14 at 16:51, Edited on 29 November 14 at 17:00 by Nomstuff
    ITz l Skillz l said: Look at the other gaming industries. People in the European area gets the special editions of Legend of Zelda and all those other games that are made in Europe. You don't hear us Americans bitching and complaining.Yes, yes we do hear that.

LSx Awakened said:Not to pick on any UK or other gamers around the world, but I would think the pricing differences between the US Xbox Game Store and other ones, is probably because of tax codes in different countries.
    And I don't buy any of my digital games with a credit card, I always go to the store, get a gift card, thus avoiding any taxes.
    it is partly tax, but our money is not worth the same, (something like $1.6 for every £1) the difference between the two, even accounting for our higher taxes is almost always skewed in favour of the american dollar.
  • HyyrHyyr463,636
    Posted on 29 November 14 at 17:58
    Andy UFC fan said:I got San Andreas now it's available in Australia! smileA GTA game is actually available in Australia? Wow!

Did you guys have a revolution or something down there?
  • Mince Pie 77Mince Pie 77315,426
    Posted on 29 November 14 at 18:35
    FIFA 15 for my son and I for 24.99 minus the pound sign - me likey ;)

If only the digital version meant you got it on the one for free too!
  • BiG SH0T ROBBiG SH0T ROB303,775
    Posted on 29 November 14 at 20:04
    TSG Dwaggie said:Battlefield 4 (Xbox One) - 50% off - Now US$19.99 / £20.00
    $19.99 =/= £20.
    $19.99 = £12.74.
    "Fuck you." from Microsoft.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One) "Digital Pro Edition" - Now US$89.99 / £80.99
    $89.99 =/= £80.99.
    $89.99 = £57.33.

Destiny (Xbox One) "Digital Guardian Edition" (includes all DLC and other content) - Now US$79.99 / £76.49.
    $79.99 =/= £76.49
    $79.99 = £50.96.

Are you seeing a pattern yet?

FIFA 15 (Xbox One) "Holiday Edition" (includes 2200 FIFA points and other items) - Now US$32.99 / £30.24
    $32.99 =/= £30.24
    $32.99 = £21.02.

Madden NFL 15 (Xbox One) - 45% off - Now US$32.99 / £30.24
    $32.99 =/= £30.24
    $32.99 = £21.02.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One) - 50% off - Now US$29.99 / £27.50
    $29.99 =/= £27.50
    $29.99 = £19.10.

NHL 15 (Xbox One) - 45% off - Now US$32.99 / £30.24
    $32.99 =/= £30.24
    $32.99 = £21.02.

Ryse: Son of Rome "Legendary Edition" (includes all DLC) - 50% off - Now US$24.99 / £22.50
    $24.99 =/= £22.50
    $24.99 = £15.92

The Evil Within (Xbox One) - 29% off - Now US$29.99 / £42.49
    ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!?!?!
    $29.99 DOES NOT EQUAL £42.49.
    $29.99 = £19.10.
    DIFFERENCE OF £23.39!!!
    23 pounds of FUCK YOU from Microsoft to EVERY UK resident.

The Walking Dead (Xbox One) - 40% off - Now US$14.99 / £11.99
    $14.99 =/= £11.99
    $14.99 = £9.54
    This is about right, after tax.

The Walking Dead: Season Two (Xbox One) - 40% off - Now US$14.99 / £11.99
    $14.99 =/= £11.99
    $14.99 = £9.54

The Walking Dead & The Walking Dead: Season Two Bundle - 40% off - Now US$24.99 / £20.00
    $24.99 =/= £20.00
    $24.99 = £15.92

Titanfall (Xbox One) - 75% off - Now US$9.99 / £10.00
    I don't even need to do this. Why would you get this, when you can get the next thing below... with all DLC... for FREE.

Titanfall "Deluxe Edition" (includes all DLC) - 75% off - Now US$12.49 / £10.00
    This is actually about right, after tax is added.

Watch_Dogs (Xbox One) - 33% off - Now US$39.99 / £40.19
    ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!?!?!
    $39.99 DOES NOT EQUAL £40.19.
    $39.99 = £25.46.
    DIFFERENCE OF £14.73!!!
    14 pounds of FUCK YOU from Microsoft to EVERY UK resident.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (Xbox One) - 50% off - Now US$29.99 / £25.00
    $29.99 =/= £25.00
    $29.99 = £19.096
    This is however about right after tax is added.

These deals may be awesome for america, but for the UK? They're fucking ridiculous, and an INSULT.

Don't buy in, people.
    +1

Fifa 15 Xbox One is 32 dollars on the US Marketplace but the equivalent of almost 50 dollars on any Euro currency marketplace.
    I tried to buy it with my paypal from the American marketplace but MS has started blocking people recently from buying games in different regions:
    http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251652-xbox-store/suggestio...

So i gave up and decided not to get Fifa 15 after all.
    That game isnt worth more than 30 bucks imo, so fuck it.
  • Posted on 29 November 14 at 21:35, Edited on 29 November 14 at 22:45 by triplewitching
    Hmmm, I got a one month gold code, and a 14 day trial code with my Xbox One, and just that 14 day code alone apparently lets me get the current GwG games, AND these gold-only discounts. shock Picking up the Titanfall Deluxe Edition. I didn't want to go digital, but when they throw in all the DLC, and put it at Pawn shop prices...Oh well, at least I won't have to swap the disk.

Edit : after Volgarr was 100 % downloaded, it refused to install, because its only for gold members. Oh Digital, why must you be such a cruel mistress, tempting me with free games, then snatching them away at the last instant ?

Reason #12 that Digital is not ready for prime time : Inconsistent rules for digital items and digital services.

Using a trial code to go Gold leads to a strange nether purgatory world, where you are half Gold and half Silver at the same time. You think you can do Gold things, Gold things say they are happening, but then the physics of the universe go all screwy, and your purchases vanish from your queue, and you have no idea what your prices for your phantom purchases really are ! It seems I will still get Titanfall for the special Gold pricing, (at least it doesn't say ill be billed $49.99 (!!) ), but until it actually loads, I don't know for sure if it will fully install or play. It won't even let me play my old GwG games, so what's up with that ? Seriously, I already 'own' (rent) those old GwG games which i downloaded when I was 'full Gold', this trial is not even a portal to online access to already 'purchased' digital games ! I'm not even sure why they do Gold trials, if you are not really Gold. I mean, I'm not really trying the service, if I can't do the Gold things, besides just playing a non-GwG game online, and if they are gonna do it that way, they could at least pop a page up telling me how I am nerfed, so there is no expectations or disappointment !
    Your financial solution
  • Posted on 29 November 14 at 23:34
    Borderlands The Prequel is £19.99 on Game and they are selling COD AW for £24.99, got Destiny for £25 off Amazon too and I can resell the things rather than paying over the odds for bloody downloads.

Battlefield 4 Premium is a bargain, I have two DLCs missing so £19.99 would be cheaper than buying both.
  • Posted on 30 November 14 at 08:49
    It's not about conversion rate people it is 45% of the current price in your country. So if the game is $100 dollars and it has 45% it will become $55 and if the game is 110£ it will become $60.5. It all has to do with the starting price, which is always higher outside the us.
  • Posted on 30 November 14 at 08:57, Edited on 30 November 14 at 08:57 by Un4given Raider
    triplewitching said:Reason #12 that Digital is not ready for prime time : Inconsistent rules for digital items and digital services.Not really. I dislike Digital as well mainly because it's cheaper to get the disc. But it's been known for awhile that you can't use "limited time" Gold codes to snag free games.

Best bet for your One month is to use it at the end of a month where you like the free games. That way you get 2 months of free games.
    Fear knocked at the door, Faith answered, No one was there.
  • Posted on 30 November 14 at 14:14
    Un4given Raider said:triplewitching said:Reason #12 that Digital is not ready for prime time : Inconsistent rules for digital items and digital services.Not really. I dislike Digital as well mainly because it's cheaper to get the disc. But it's been known for awhile that you can't use "limited time" Gold codes to snag free games.

Best bet for your One month is to use it at the end of a month where you like the free games. That way you get 2 months of free games.
    I actually had heard that the trial codes didn't get you the free games, so I knew going in that this was probably not gonna work, but the system itself is not clear that you can't get games with the trial. I only asked for clarity, Maybe a pop up saying the limits, or still listing games for full price, or something like that.

For instance : It says you can get free games with Gold in the dashboard, after activating the trial GwG games are listed in my menu as 'Free' You can buy them for 'Free', they go into your download queue as if you bought them, 98, 99 100% downloaded THEN and only THEN, does it tell you that you need Gold to get the free games. Its about the price on the screen for digital, it is just not clear, not like in the real world. I also didn't know that I also couldn't play Spartan Assault either, which I had already got under GwG 6 months ago. Also, it seems you DO get the deals with Gold, at least, the screen tells me I'm getting the lower prices, so the trial is good for something, especially at this time of year, its just not clear what the limits are.
    Your financial solution
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 December 14 at 05:03
    If you buy Battlefield 4 Premium on 360 can it still be upgraded to the Xbox One version? If so, I might just buy it already.
  • Posted on 01 December 14 at 06:16
    "Today we also wanted to inform the community that DICE is promising to keep the action going all year long with the return of Premium membership for Battlefield 4. With membership, players can expect themed digital expansion packs, new weekly content and personalization options. And just as your stats, unlocks and rank will be transferrable from current-gen to Xbox One and PlayStation 4, so too will Battlefield 4 Premium membership.

* RECEIPT OF BATTLEFIELD 4 CONTENT REQUIRES USE OF YOUR CURRENT ORIGIN ID AND XBOX 360/PS3 ACCOUNT ON GEN 4 CONSOLE. ALL CONTENT TRANSFERS ARE FINAL. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER FOR AN ORIGIN ACCOUNT. EA ONLINE RIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.EA.COM. EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES, ONLINE SERVICES AND DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON WWW.EA.COM/1/SERVICE-UPDATES."

It should still transfer, there is no expiration date on the official website, and for $25 of DLC for a year-old game, I would damn well hope it would still transfer. Let us know if you try it !
    Your financial solution
  • iM JacKiM JacK51,902
    Posted on 01 December 14 at 07:38
    • The Walking Dead & The Walking Dead: Season Two Bundle - 40% offFinally, it's mine smile
    >> Let's go Bucs <<
  • KKMPKKMP194,614
    Posted on 01 December 14 at 11:39
    The only thing I got was Gears of War 3 season pass, although there were some very good deals. I was looking forward to see Assassin's Creed 3 and its season pass but nothing like that happened. Meh.
    Do you know if there will be/is any Cyber Monday sales?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.