Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

The Darkness Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
matdan
matdan
Posted on 01 January 14 at 15:36
tornprince2012 said:
Hi everyone!

Sadly, due to lack of time and some personal reasons I won't be able to complete the walkthrough. The one good part is - I have all the videos for specific achievements in best quality and can transfer them to anyone who'll pick this after me.
Please remove me as an editor from this walkthrough. If anyone picks this, contact me for videos in case you'll need them.
Sorry and best regards.
Hey,
Which parts still remain messed up? And what work has been done since it was taken down for re-publishing? PM me.
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 05 January 14 at 02:01
Ok today I finally got back to this, I sent it in for review. I cleaned up the walkthrough and tried to put the achievements in order that you unlock them.
MC0REBE
MC0REBE
Posted on 05 January 14 at 02:26
Proofreading is already in progress mate, thanks for your work!
TA Walkthrough Staff Member | PSN: MCoreBE | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
tornprince2012
Posted on 10 January 14 at 00:43
xMidget Furyx - great job on walkthrough!!!!
Just one thing - those videos are crappy, we all know that. When I was working on this walkthrough, I recorder and edited a few videos for the achievements that need a video guide, even the short one. If you need them I will gladly get you all the links, I'm sure it will help much more and contribute. Let me know if you interested!
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 10 January 14 at 02:08
i'll be more than happy to add the videos and give credit.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 10 January 14 at 03:46, Edited on 10 January 14 at 03:50 by
Aye, good job with the walkthrough, Midget, although, i've done this game myself and i think the estimated time is way off, we don't want to turn in to those misleading rival sites now do we? wink

I'd say 25 to 30 hours would be more accurate for 100%.

Also, for this achievement…

The DarknessDarkness MasterThe Darkness Master achievement in The Darkness worth 205 pointsOnly for those who are completely in tune with the Darkness

Isn't it best to use Cloud to transfer the save file? it works a lot better then a memory stick.
Written in the stars.
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 10 January 14 at 08:00
I'm sure the cloud would work I only added in the USB stick because that is how I did it. So I can't confirm if the cloud would work or not.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 10 January 14 at 13:21, Edited on 10 January 14 at 13:21 by
xMidget Furyx said:
I'm sure the cloud would work I only added in the USB stick because that is how I did it. So I can't confirm if the cloud would work or not.
It works, that's how i did it, it acts as a transferable drive as a UBS.
Written in the stars.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 15 May 14 at 11:06
This guide was pretty damn terrible in terms of explaining collectibles and Heart of Gold people. I had to keep opening the guides for those. The estimated time is also way off. I spent 12-14 hours in one sitting just now trying to mop up the stuff I missed the first time.
HaxAras
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 15 May 14 at 13:16
How, would you recommend making that better?
BwF SmokeBudnSF
BwF SmokeBudnSF
Posted on 20 February 15 at 23:14
By explaining the collectibles better. You missed a Heart of Gold person in the first chapter from what I can tell. I didn't realize till chapter 2 and now I'm restarting the game. You think a walkthrough would include that but I guess not.
BwF Co-Leader Bully's with Fully's
matdan
matdan
Posted on 21 February 15 at 02:41
Yeah this walkthrough failed to be useful on a few bits of the game especially the sections in Hell and one of the achievements is completely out of order.

BwF SmokeBudnSF said:By explaining the collectibles better. You missed a Heart of Gold person in the first chapter from what I can tell. I didn't realize till chapter 2 and now I'm restarting the game. You think a walkthrough would include that but I guess not.Yeah just use the solution it is more detailed.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 25 February 15 at 01:59
Sarcasm is duly noted, will be making changes soon. As far as the sections in hell go I thought they were pretty straight forward, how would you suggest improvement there?
I was made aware of a heart of gold person that you can only activate in chapter 4 that you can't go back to. So out of the collectables only the letters 1 darkling outfit and 2 heart of gold people are missable. The bum only if you kill him and a solider in hell that wants you to give something to his wife rose.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 25 February 15 at 14:39
The DarknessSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in The Darkness worth 66 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Is in the wrong section. It pops up on the second flashback when you wake up in the train again and have to fetch a round for the cannon.

"Get inside the cannon turn on the engine and blow a hole in the front gate."

This also does not happen until the second visit to hell after you load the cannon and blast through the gate.

"When you are here, you are going to end up riding in a tank with tony. You will see planes flying. You have to shoot down 6 of them. This may take more than one try. This is missable so if you don't unlock this by the time you reach the castle, restart the checkpoint."

Is the length of the detail of the second part.

There is a fair bit more in this second part. Including an odd boss fight:
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

As-well as several lengthy sections.

The rest is fairly well explained.

If you could list the Heart of Gold people elsewhere it would be easier to track them as the walkthrough mentions some of them several times so it gets a bit confusing.

The solution does it very well:
The DarknessHeart of GoldThe Heart of Gold achievement in The Darkness worth 132 pointsHelp those in need

Yes the bum is missable if you kill him at the start when you visit him after the Cemetry fight.

The soldier in Hell is only findable in the second visit and is generally on the linear path just in a corner just look for a soldier in the tunnels, up some stairs to the right.

Darkling Outfits mentioned in the guide were fine as were the letters.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 24 November 18 at 21:08
This guide has been updated to reflect current site standards
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 26 November 18 at 17:18
👍
Thrawn526
Thrawn526
Posted on 02 March 19 at 01:42
Perhaps the multiplayer section can be altered to reflect the update that made it so that the player can't do a multiplayer match with only two people on the same team.
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 14 March 19 at 23:21, Edited on 14 March 19 at 23:22 by Homunculus Fury
Odd I was sure that was mentioned before but it's not. In fact it says both players can be on the same team for CTF, and they can't. Teams do not however need to be even.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.