The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: May 13th, 2014

• eHeadacheseHeadaches242,504
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 15:40
    Why is it I bought a XBone at Christmas and why is it I hardly ever play it?

Because the 360 is in its element at the moment, sale after sale of games I always fancied but never got round to, combined with ones I never considered or even knew about,

So this week Ill be having Zombie Driver because it looks fun, State of Decay because it looks like fun and Just Cause 2 because I nearly bought it yesterday for a tenner where as today it will be less than a fiver!

Less than ten pounds buys me 3 games I want and the Xbone continues to gather dust.
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,723,446
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 15:42
    At least both Games with Gold and Deal of the Week starts on the One next month. Should be great.
  • Posted on 13 May 14 at 15:48
    plants vs zombies and dead riptide for me
    achievements its what's for dinner
  • b0seijub0seiju631,022
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 15:59
    ChewieOnIce said:
    b0seiju said:
    Why isn´t the deus ex dlc for sale, I´ve been waiting for ages for it to go on sale.
    It was on sale four whole times in 2012, but only once in 2013.
    I must have missed the 2013 sale, I only started it late 2012. Then again, everybody always rages on about repetitive sales. But I would like to see this dlc on sale one more time.
  • maguzzolomaguzzolo546,928
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 16:00
    Just going for the last two achievements in DeadIsland, so i think Riptide is nearly a mandatory buy for me wink
  • mijn kontmijn kont220,470
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 16:01
    So glad I waited with buying how to survive lol!

For me:
    How to survive
    Quantum Conundrum
    and maybe Zombie driver HD, it looked like fun.

Highly recommend:
    Deus Ex! Great game!

Also recommend:
    State of Decay (not great but lots of fun)
    RDR undead nightmare (one of the better zombie games I played! And that for a DLC)
    Dead Island & Dead Island Riptide (fun to play with others)
    Just Cause 2 (always fun getting back in that game and just messing around)
    THIEF (good game, but there has been a better deal on it)
    Tomb Raider (loved that one and the online is fun as well, to bad not so many players in it anymore)
  • itz waz meitz waz me287,488
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 16:02
    Undead nightmare is a very good DLC, if you don't have it. its definitely worth it.
    itz waz me
  • Posted on 13 May 14 at 16:08
    Once again, the Dungeon Siege 3 DLC is not on sale :/ I don't recall it being on sale at all before.
    I got the first Dead Island for free with GwG, haven't played it, but would anyone recommend putting it in my backlog whilst it is on sale?
  • gobey17gobey17839,832
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 16:08
    Bought DI Riptide for £5 practically on The Game Collection website (might have been a sale) and I have to say its just like the first in almost every way - including glitches - so unless you really liked the first you ain't missing much.

Do want Black Ops 2 pass but still too expensive for me. :( If it was £10 then maybe, but probably pushing my luck there.
  • XBL GOATXBL GOAT176,934
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 16:21
    I have all of these arcade games except for How to Survive...why is that game originally priced at $14.99? Can anyone recommend it?
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty679,997
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 16:25
    ZealotOnPC said:
    Only one Xbox One game on sale. Shame.
    Well there aren't exactly that many to choose from facepalm
  • Posted on 13 May 14 at 16:27
    Going to grab Undead Nightmare. Heard many good things about it
  • CraphexCraphex612,718
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 16:29
    Hmm been after PvZ for the XB1 since the release but still a bit pricey for me. Worth picking up now, or finding a cheaper disc version here in the uk?
    Craphex
  • CraiglionheartCraiglionheart1,106,105
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 16:58
    suppose this is probably the best time for me to pick up PvZ smile
  • ptracey1421ptracey1421343,671
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 17:26
    Spakon said:
    Would of gotten Dungeon Siege if i had any money but meh, backlog.
    It's worth $5 definitely. I bought it about 2 years ago for $15 and played it sporadically over a year and it is amazing fun. Especially with Co-Op. The class possibilities are perfect, you might wanna save this gem in your backlog. wink
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 May 14 at 17:36
    I guess it was too much to ask for the Stranglehold DLC to EVER go on sale especially not on the very week I decide to bite the bullet and just get the fecker once and for all roll

Well out of these you'd be mad not to get Deus Ex and Plants Vs Zombies, but if you haven't already got them then you're already mad wink

And I wouldn't concern yourself with the Undead pack for red dead its been on sale at least 8 times before!
    Let me find peace in my own heart and save me from my enemies.
  • Posted on 13 May 14 at 17:36
    Skinstakovic said:
    For those that haven't played it yet get Deus Ex, fantastic game massively underrated :)
    If it were the directors cut I would definitely buy it!
    -UnInfamousGhost
  • DriZzT1987DriZzT1987372,742
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 17:37
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    I guess it was too much to ask for the Stranglehold DLC to EVER go on sale
    i am pretty sure you won't see a midway sale...
  • punkyliarpunkyliar216,810
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 17:48
    Rhyolitic said:
    Slight error with your linkage. The TR DLC Online Survival Pack & Adventure Pack both link to the Online Survival Pack. Looks like the Caves & Cliffs pack also links to the OSP.
    These are now fixed.

DriZzT1987 said:
    ehm. kane & lynch 2 is on sale too, isn't it? at least the DLC?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Promotion/SQX-pub-sale-031...

i cannot find the regular price. TA removed the prices for DLCs so I cannot compare them.
    That list is from the Square Enix sale in December 2013.
  • Dr Peach PDr Peach P157,107
    Posted on 13 May 14 at 17:56
    Craphex said:
    Hmm been after PvZ for the XB1 since the release but still a bit pricey for me. Worth picking up now, or finding a cheaper disc version here in the uk?
    Garden Warfare is completely worth the full retail price. So any kind of discount on it is a steal.

Also is Just Cause 2 supposed to be 14.99 on discount? Or has it still not changed?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.