The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: May 13th, 2014

• x RepoUK xx RepoUK x284,776
    Posted on 14 May 14 at 00:30, Edited on 14 May 14 at 00:31 by x RepoUK x
    Is it really that difficult to put RDR and it's DLC on sale at the same time?
  • AnavrynAnavryn540,037
    Posted on 14 May 14 at 00:36
    Deus Ex! Been waiting so long to catch this on sale! I bought it within 2 minutes of reading this article. As luck would have it, I still had $6 credit on my account to cover it so I also splurged on Dead Island: Rip tide for good measure heh. Would be all over Lara Croft, but think I'll hold off to the next sale and get through my backlog.

Just Cause 2 is a crazy fun game and for that price I'd highly recommend it.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead608,331
    Posted on 14 May 14 at 01:06
    punkyliar said:
    Stoneysilence77 said:
    All the games with missing pricing info is now available.

Just Cause 2 is $4.94
    Quantum Conundrum is $4.94

The BLOPS 2 DLC is $2.49

PVZ is $3.74
    Thanks for letting me know. I've updated all of the prices.
    For those wondering, there was a delay with these games getting discounted in US and UK this week, even though they were already discounted in other regions and announced as part of the sale by Major Nelson.
  • Posted on 14 May 14 at 04:55
    x RepoUK x said:
    Is it really that difficult to put RDR and it's DLC on sale at the same time?
    GOTY edition contains ALL the DLC plus the game as well, look for it at your local pawn shop, its not very expensive, and I MUCH prefer to get large full retail games on disk, since the ol' HDD is getting mighty full of all those GWG smile
    Your financial solution
  • Posted on 14 May 14 at 07:17
    x PAYLOAD x said:
    Good selection for a change, shame I have no money cry
    I literally say that every time I read these articles. "Oh, that's a good game! *looks in wallet* Damn it!"
  • Posted on 14 May 14 at 07:40
    • How to Survive - 50% discount
    Could be interesting, someone have played this game? is a good game or . .?
    • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - 50% discount
    It's mine clap
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,550,250
    Posted on 14 May 14 at 07:56, Edited on 14 May 14 at 07:57 by Legohead 1977
    Some good deals, but the DLC prices are keeping me 'responsible'. Deus Ex might be good for just under £4, but then the DLC is £10...don't really class it as a sale if I have to spend loads to get the DLC. (I know I don't have to buy it).
    Legohead 1977
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,283,271
    Posted on 14 May 14 at 08:07
    Legohead 1977 said:
    Some good deals, but the DLC prices are keeping me 'responsible'. Deus Ex might be good for just under £4, but then the DLC is £10...don't really class it as a sale if I have to spend loads to get the DLC. (I know I don't have to buy it).
    Devil on shoulder says: Or you could get it and sit on it until the DLC does go on sale...
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • RomerNakataRomerNakata134,187
    Posted on 14 May 14 at 10:17
    The Monk BAD IT said:
    • How to Survive - 50% discount
    It's mine clap
    I got this game, played just a little a bit. But so far so good, I play it in co-op and it's pretty fun. The game is actually a lot like Dead Island, but it's more fun, in my opinion. Save system is rather mysterious, though. I lost some progress when I exited the game before completing the quest. It seems like it auto-saves only when you complete quests, so watch out for that.
  • PabloUK85PabloUK85600,719
    Posted on 14 May 14 at 15:15
    Is anyone else struggling to see the tab for Deals of the Week and the Square Enix sale on the Xbox Dashboard? Mine is just refusing to show either, and can't see anything in the Games section. I haven't been on since last night so it might be there......bit strange though
  • Harvy75Harvy75110,970
    Posted on 14 May 14 at 15:41
    I suggest the two Plants Vs Zombies' titles + Red Dead Redemption "Undead Nightmare Collection"!
    One of the Lost Ones
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf522,191
    Posted on 14 May 14 at 16:53
    guaranteed that final fantasy will be 19.99 everywhere in a month.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 May 14 at 00:20
    Definitely picking up Just Cause; considering Deus Ex too.
    I have a fifth sense. It's like I have ESPN or something.
  • kabobleskabobles726,434
    Posted on 15 May 14 at 09:50
    well I know who can't say no to sales to add to his massive backlog..wave ME wave haha time to spend a bunch more money
    *kabobles*
  • DelithDelith344,162
    Posted on 15 May 14 at 15:05
    rocking23nf said:
    guaranteed that final fantasy will be 19.99 everywhere in a month.
    I'm waiting for that as well. Half off and it's still $30? No thanks. I can wait for an even better sale, which will happen inevitably, and I got plenty of other games to play in the meantime.
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.
  • Posted on 16 May 14 at 07:42
    RomerNakata said:
    The Monk BAD IT said:
    How to Survive - 50% discount
    It's mine clap
    I got this game, played just a little a bit. But so far so good, I play it in co-op and it's pretty fun. The game is actually a lot like Dead Island, but it's more fun, in my opinion. Save system is rather mysterious, though. I lost some progress when I exited the game before completing the quest. It seems like it auto-saves only when you complete quests, so watch out for that.
    Thanks man for this info, yesterday i've purchased this game.
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
  • ZemidekZemidek305,782
    Posted on 16 May 14 at 16:55
    looks like Im finally going to get around to getting plants vs. zombies! Zombie Driver HD might look like a good investment too
    Twitch.Tv/Zemidek
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.