Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Game Trailers

• LadyNova01LadyNova01349,318
    Posted on 08 December 13 at 22:06
    I remember watching the Borderlands 2 trailer and just crying of laughter about it. Easily the best tailer of 2012 for me as it was so well done and the game was even better
    Ichigo Kurosaki is my name and reaping hollows is my game
  • Posted on 08 December 13 at 22:12
    Gears of War trailer was the best there is. Period
  • Posted on 08 December 13 at 23:32
    There were many awesome trailers to choose from and I definitely like a handful of the choices. Overall another strong showing.
    ~Live Long and Prosper~
  • SterxySterxy124,069
    Posted on 08 December 13 at 23:37
    We all know, Deus Ex Human Revolution E3 Trailer is the best. This is truly masterpiece, and I never seen something more fantastic and epic. I've seen it the hundred times and still its shocking and stunning
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0af2wvSdwwI
    My Blog - http://sterxy.tumblr.com/
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7556,663
    Posted on 08 December 13 at 23:48
    In-Game: Mass Effect 2 Launch Trailer
    CGI: Deus Ex - Human Revolution E3 Trailer
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo328,723
    Posted on 09 December 13 at 01:37
    Sterxy said:
    We all know, Deus Ex Human Revolution E3 Trailer is the best. This is truly masterpiece, and I never seen something more fantastic and epic. I've seen it the hundred times and still its shocking and stunning
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0af2wvSdwwI
    It's impossible to argue with the facts smile It still gives me chills!
    'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
  • ZacEfren42ZacEfren42298,249
    Posted on 09 December 13 at 02:17
    The list had pretty good trailers, but my two personal favorites would be Halo 3's E3 Trailer and Mass Effect 2's Cinematic Trailer.
  • Posted on 09 December 13 at 02:22
    Wow, no Halo?
    In the name of the Mantle & all I honor—I hope it is dead, I fear it is not. They have unleashed it.
  • Posted on 09 December 13 at 02:44
    I still vastly prefer the original Tears for Fears song to what was used on the GoW trailer. Go figure. I was a child in the '80s.
  • Aj6627Aj6627211,801
    Posted on 09 December 13 at 05:40
    No Halo 3 announcement even under honorable mentions?!

And I second the guy who said game intros for a list!
  • Posted on 09 December 13 at 06:21
    I don't even really like Gears of War...but that trailer. Gives me goose pumps every time. Truly a work of art game trailer
  • Posted on 09 December 13 at 07:18
    OK people you can all think what you want about the game Dead Island but the trailer is by far the best game trailer of all time.
    LKv666
  • Posted on 09 December 13 at 07:27, Edited on 09 December 13 at 07:33 by R3APER 0F G0DS
    call of duty no..
    mass effect should definetly be listed tho for 2 and 3s amazing cinematic trailer
    dark souls 2 as well
  • Z YaLtrZ YaLtr142,825
    Posted on 09 December 13 at 07:33
    blueracer442 said:
    How about the best trailers for the worst games. I completely fell for the hype of Brink and there are other games people fall for because the trailers trick you.
    For me it was Homefront. Awesome concept, terribly short campaign, and pathetic multiplayer. A big reason why I don't pre-order games besides Halo (I'm an unapologetic fanboy). Speaking of which, Halo has had the most consistently awesome marketing campaigns. Like many others, I was disappointed not to see any Halo trailers mentioned in the article, but to each their own. toast

Homefront trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQeQWWKKvq4
  • Nekro NekoNekro Neko400,035
    Posted on 09 December 13 at 08:11
    Dead Island only an honourable mention? It's lightyears more iconic than any of the other trailers and will be talked about for many years to come. True that it bigged up the game to seem like it was the most amazing thing since Jesus' jizz but it did make me get the experience.
    www.cyberscore.me.uk
  • SETH PLSETH PL369,574
    Posted on 09 December 13 at 08:24
    I remember when I saw Mad World trailer. I was stunning for a half an hour and clicking replay all the time.
  • DimmockDimmock578,375
    Posted on 09 December 13 at 11:31
    DOOM The Return said:
    I'm sorry but most of this list pales in comparison to the Dark Souls 2 announcement trailer:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U6uyuIQYlfY

I get goosebumps every single damn time.
    Always gets me that they kill the poster boy twice in the trailer alone. laugh
    ZUS ROCKS! / SSCP -Veal is a lot like Dimmock, an acquired taste.
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk1,241,951
    Posted on 09 December 13 at 12:14
    Borderlands (1) trailer was better than 2, then again I think Borderlands 1 is the better game as well.

Can't for the life of me get into Borderlands 2
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads