Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Xbox One Games With Gold Starts Next Month

  • Dark SanjiDark Sanji368,883
    Posted on 15 May 14 at 00:59
    Yeah, you're right. But it seemed like people were still confused by the term download. Like they understood that you technically should start the download on the console before cancelling it... I just wanted to show my opinion and clarify that if what we think is correct, you don't need to own an Xbox One.
  • Posted on 15 May 14 at 02:43
    I don't understand how people can be confused. As long as you have the license on your account, then you can download the games anytime you want. The reason I'm not getting the GWG for xbox360 on xbox.com is because they want to select a payment option and will only let me use a credit card, which I don't want to. That is why I get them on the xbox360 console, because I can select microsoft points as payment option. But I verified on xbox.com and you can buy xbox one games with microsoft points, so WINNING.

    As long as you go to download history or account purchases and the free games show up, you own them. But for xbox one, you need gold to play them. End of story.

    PS: GO HABS GO :DDDDDDDDDD
  • Posted on 15 May 14 at 05:43
    The article itself implies that you will need a One to download (purchase) the free games. And since they already said the GWG program will be different on the One, we really don't know for sure, until the free games go live, but I will be VERY interested in if you can do this from the website, and get the actual download later after the free games have changed, on the One
    Your financial solution
  • romo7816romo7816627,331
    Posted on 15 May 14 at 06:06
    Loved how everyone now is so happy that Xbox One is getting the "rental" service all you people laughed at with PS+. Glad they are doing it for people who have Xbox One, but funny how they are doing what Sony has been doing with PS+ in order to offer better games. At least now the fanboys can shut up about the "rental" service since they have it now.
  • XxJiangYixXXxJiangYixX120,338
    Posted on 15 May 14 at 07:34
    romo7816 said:
    Loved how everyone now is so happy that Xbox One is getting the "rental" service all you people laughed at with PS+. Glad they are doing it for people who have Xbox One, but funny how they are doing what Sony has been doing with PS+ in order to offer better games. At least now the fanboys can shut up about the "rental" service since they have it now.
    #clueless
  • The MascalThe Mascal1,900,651
    Posted on 15 May 14 at 07:35
    rocking23nf said:
    should be cheaper then 399. put it at 350 or 299. 299 is my price point for next gen, and come bundled with 2 games.
    Do you also require year of Gold, an extra controller and 5kgs of potatoes?

    The entitlement is strong with this one.
    Beer.
  • The MascalThe Mascal1,900,651
    Posted on 15 May 14 at 07:38
    EMPATH1C MIM1C said:
    ptracey1421 said:
    WOOOW Microsoft. Fuck you. Why must you repetitively put free games on offer after a couple months of me Buying the game? It's starting to piss me off. I got Dark Souls for $7.50 thinking it was a good deal, and Charlie Murder for $5. But now, both of those purchases are going to obsolete in a month. FFS!! Microsoft should seriously consider giving refunds to players who already own the titles since they get NOTHING out of the 'Games For Gold ploy if they actually 'pay' for games every now and then.

    It seems like those who don't purchase anything from Microsoft benefit the most from Games For Gold. They just get to coast along and get free games without having to make any decisions on what is a good but vs. a sham that will just be free in a couple weeks. warning

    This is the 3rd month this has happened to me where I've recently purchased a couple games and exactly BOTH of those games go free within 30 days.

    /end rant roll
    First World Problems roll
    Another one with a sense of entitlement the size of the Earth.

    Get over the fact that you already bought the games. There are people who haven't.
    Beer.
  • kabobleskabobles736,620
    Posted on 15 May 14 at 09:57
    I'm definitely visiting my buddy('s Xbox One) more often for these ones!
    *kabobles*
  • Posted on 15 May 14 at 10:54
    I never played Street Fighter except one of those old Marvel vs Capcom games years ago, think I'll check this one out when it goes free.
    Warriors Orochi 3, best first level ever
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,573,663
    Posted on 15 May 14 at 11:35, Edited on 15 May 14 at 11:37 by Legohead 1977
    I bought the Gears of War 2 map packs when they were first released, they were subsequently reduced in price and bundled...I bought Deadlight when it was on sale, then it was given away free.

    I paid the extra to have the content earlier, the fact that I haven't played Deadlight yet is my lookout, there are however plenty of games I got over the festive period that haven't been given away free...you pay your money you take your chance.

    I assume like me, that folks only buy a game when they think it is priced at the value they feel it's worth.
    Legohead 1977
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 15 May 14 at 12:19
    Not interested in any of those games I'm afraid, don't like platformers, I will never play another crappy glitched out childish Saints Row again, Dark Souls blew me away with how boring and glitched it was, I don't like fighting or Beat 'em up games neither cry

    Gimme any good FPS, TPS, RPG, Survival Horror, Sandbox, Racing Sim, Stealth, Aerial Combat or Tower Defence please smile
    Let me find peace in my own heart and save me from my enemies.
  • Posted on 15 May 14 at 13:50
    Mr Mascal 77 said:
    EMPATH1C MIM1C said:
    ptracey1421 said:
    WOOOW Microsoft. Fuck you. Why must you repetitively put free games on offer after a couple months of me Buying the game? It's starting to piss me off. I got Dark Souls for $7.50 thinking it was a good deal, and Charlie Murder for $5. But now, both of those purchases are going to obsolete in a month. FFS!! Microsoft should seriously consider giving refunds to players who already own the titles since they get NOTHING out of the 'Games For Gold ploy if they actually 'pay' for games every now and then.

    It seems like those who don't purchase anything from Microsoft benefit the most from Games For Gold. They just get to coast along and get free games without having to make any decisions on what is a good but vs. a sham that will just be free in a couple weeks. warning

    This is the 3rd month this has happened to me where I've recently purchased a couple games and exactly BOTH of those games go free within 30 days.

    /end rant roll
    First World Problems roll
    Another one with a sense of entitlement the size of the Earth.

    Get over the fact that you already bought the games. There are people who haven't.
    But Mascal, the gaming industry OBVIOUSLY revolves around ptracey1421 laugh
    Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
  • Ryot ControlRyot Control1,262,186
    Posted on 15 May 14 at 14:54
    spankyNspronkle said:
    Ryot Control said:
    Did no one answer this yet in 8 pages? The answer is that until Microsoft makes purchases of Xbone media available online, you will have to make all purchases for content on the actual Xbone system to take advantage of any Xbone deal.

    It makes no sense why they would take away the ability to make online purchases. It's like they don't want my money...
    What are you talking about? Not only can you purchase X1 games on Xbox.com, you can also use your credits (former MSP) to do so.

    FYI...Max: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Max-The-Curse-of...
    Ok. That's new for me; it wasn't the case before. Thanks for correcting me.
  • PendiRulzPendiRulz331,506
    Posted on 15 May 14 at 18:56
    Nice! Looking forward to the GWGs and to Ryse for 50% less smile
    One life, LIVE IT!
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 15 May 14 at 22:35
    They're not making us choose between the two are they? Like if you grab the free ones on 360 you can't get the XB1 freebies too. I have a 2nd gold account, so it's not like it matters that much either way. I'm curious though.
    100% Onyx MAX on Halo: Reach 6/19/2012: 230+ DAYS playtime, 69+ million credits. 1.4 million FF kills.
  • Bear5 Fan 4EverBear5 Fan 4Ever2,093,128
    Posted on 16 May 14 at 05:56
    I can't believe they are starting games for gold in June! It took them what, six years or so, to start it on the 360?! This is great and will save all of us a lot of money:)
    Fallout New Vegas 10/19/10!!!
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 16 May 14 at 06:59
    TerraCottaGamer said:
    romo7816 said:
    Loved how everyone now is so happy that Xbox One is getting the "rental" service all you people laughed at with PS+. Glad they are doing it for people who have Xbox One, but funny how they are doing what Sony has been doing with PS+ in order to offer better games. At least now the fanboys can shut up about the "rental" service since they have it now.
    #clueless
    #heisrighttough
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 16 May 14 at 07:01
    NoLifeDGenerate said:
    They're not making us choose between the two are they? Like if you grab the free ones on 360 you can't get the XB1 freebies too. I have a 2nd gold account, so it's not like it matters that much either way. I'm curious though.
    I think not. But also believe starting July we will get only one freebie for the One- there isn't enough games in the catalogue otherwise. Unless they start doing what Sony does which is make a new indie release free for gold members for the first month when it comes out.
  • QuadrahandsQuadrahands430,075
    Posted on 16 May 14 at 07:39
    Wooooo!! Xbone GwG, already got Max but I'll take spartan assault thank you microsoft. Also not going to buy anymore 'arcade' games for the one unless it looks like I want to support dev/game looks amazing.

    Finally, although this may be an unpopular opinion; I hope all of you who don't have ones that are looking to exploit the system fail. It's designed to entice people into buying one and to reward those that have, not for cheapskates to build up a backlog.
    I went outside once, the graphics were amazing but the characters and storyline were truly awful.
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 16 May 14 at 07:59
    Quadrahands said:
    Wooooo!! Xbone GwG, already got Max but I'll take spartan assault thank you microsoft. Also not going to buy anymore 'arcade' games for the one unless it looks like I want to support dev/game looks amazing.

    Finally, although this may be an unpopular opinion; I hope all of you who don't have ones that are looking to exploit the system fail. It's designed to entice people into buying one and to reward those that have, not for cheapskates to build up a backlog.
    what about the people who can't get a One yet in their country?

    Besides all of us *cheapstakes* pay for Gold subs, just like you do. We aren't exploiting anything. Be careful on the way down from your high horse. We wouldn't want you to fall on your face.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.