Game Discussion: The Walking Dead: Season Two (Xbox 360) Forum

What's the earliest you have downloaded The Walking Dead?

AuthorMessage
ChefHEISENBERGx
267,356 TrueAchievement Points125 posts
Last post: 17 Feb at 18:03
Posted on 14 May 14 at 00:39
I am really anxious to play In Harm's Way and wondered what is the earliest time anybody has gotten to download an episode of the game(not counting sneak peeks or beta but for us normal folks) and when it actually becomes available for download as to a certain hour? For some reason I don't think it would be available right at midnight does anybody have any idea as to what time they usually have it available to download? I'm Eastern Time zone by the way! Thanks guys!
Reborn Insanity
Site Help EditorTrueAchievements Walkthrough Supervisor5,923 posts
Last post: Today at 20:20
Posted on 14 May 14 at 00:45
I guess it varies from time zone. I'm in Central -6:00. Most of the time new titles/dlc releases at 6am for me.
Does this smell like chloroform to you?
ChefHEISENBERGx
267,356 TrueAchievement Points125 posts
Last post: 17 Feb at 18:03
Posted on 14 May 14 at 01:44
Thanks for the info Reborn!
Tulukaruq907
Tulukaruq907
290,550 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.8691118 posts
Last post: 01 Jun 16 at 00:50
Posted on 14 May 14 at 03:44
Updates come online at 2:00 am Pacific time. I think it is because Microsoft is based in Washington state.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Achievement Completion Percentage: 99.28% (Includes owned DLC) - 2 more achievements required to reach 99.3%TrueAchievements Moderator8,683 posts
Last post: Today at 14:42
Posted on 14 May 14 at 19:49
Reborn Insanity said:
I guess it varies from time zone. I'm in Central -6:00. Most of the time new titles/dlc releases at 6am for me.
I'm in Central. Prior to 4:00 AM, I had a red circle with a bar across it and could not download. At 4:00 AM, that changed to "confirm download". I downloaded episode 3 and played it. As I expected, the achievements had not yet been loaded to Live so, although they show up in the game detail, I do not get credit for them on Xbox.com. I only get credit for 16 achievements rather than for the 24 that you get through episode 3. I will have to delete my profile, reload it, and replay the episode to get these achievements. I discuss the issue in more detail in this thread:

The Walking Dead Ep. 3 Achievement Issues

As of this writing, the achievements have still not been loaded. Before you play the game, make sure you see episode 3 on True Achievements if you don't want to play through the game twice and fool around with your profile.
CrAzEdCaNuCk18
279,690 TrueAchievement Points785 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 01:44
Posted on 15 May 14 at 13:41, Edited on 15 May 14 at 13:44 by CrAzEdCaNuCk18
I'm in Eastern and I believe most DLC becomes available around 5am. I know that in the past I could download 99% and the last 1% would not download until it released. If you time it right you can get a head start on the game. The download will eventually time out though so you need to time it right.

Unfortunately though as Allgorhythm points out Microsoft has a very bad track record of adding the achievements for telltale games so you really want to check that they are online first before playing it.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Achievement Completion Percentage: 99.28% (Includes owned DLC) - 2 more achievements required to reach 99.3%TrueAchievements Moderator8,683 posts
Posted on 15 May 14 at 13:45
CrAzEdCaNuCk18 said:
I'm in Eastern and I believe most DLC becomes available around 3am. I know that in the past I could download 99% and the last 1% would not download until it released. If you time it right you can get a head start on the game.

Unfortunately though as Allgorhythm points out Microsoft has a very bad track record of adding the achievements for telltale games so you really want to check that they are online first before playing it.
As of this morning, the achievements have still not been loaded. If you want to make sure you get credit for the achievements, check the game on either XBox.com or TrueAchievements.com. If the site says there are 16 achievements, you will not get credit for them. When the site says there are 24 achievements, then you know the achievements for episode 3 have been loaded and you will get credit for them when you unlock them.
xSTAGGERxLEEx
xSTAGGERxLEEx
583,331 TrueAchievement Points305 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 20:48
Posted on 15 May 14 at 23:19, Edited on 15 May 14 at 23:21 by xSTAGGERxLEEx
so I got the cheevos on my xbox but they arent showing up an TA... I finished it today, whats the deal? How do I get these cheevos to show on TA? Do I have to play again? Anyone know what to do?
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 16 May 14 at 09:54
xSTAGGERxLEEx said:
so I got the cheevos on my xbox but they arent showing up an TA... I finished it today, whats the deal? How do I get these cheevos to show on TA? Do I have to play again? Anyone know what to do?
You have to refresh your profile so you can get the achievements to pop a second time on your XBox. You do that by deleting it or moving it to a USB drive.

You go to system-storage-hard drive-profiles. Select either move (preferable if you have a thumb drive) or delete if you don't. If you delete it, you have two choices. Do NOT delete the items. Only the profile.

If you moved the profile to a thumb drive, remove the USB drive. Then, reestablish your profile by downloading it. Just go to sign in and tab to the right where it says download profile. Put in the e-mail address associated with your account. Then, you will be prompted to put in your password. Do so. It only takes a few seconds for the profile to download.

You will have to play the game again in order for everything to pop again. If you've played it once as I had, you can zip right through it because you don't have to figure anything out. Your old save file is still valid so you can replay individual chapters if you prefer. However, you might want to take advantage of your 20-20 hindsight and play the episode over.

There's more discussion of the issue in this thread:

The Walking Dead Ep. 3 Achievement Issues
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.