The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Red Stripe Deals: July 3rd, 2014

• The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,452,199
    Posted on 03 July 14 at 17:27
    I'm hoping Phil Spencer can address the needs of this platform at some point, but they need to kick the corpse a little in the meantime.

They should find a couple of decent middle-tier publishers and give them free LIVE support and certification processes in exchange for a set number of releases and decent price points.
  • Posted on 03 July 14 at 17:31
    WP is dead, I had fun with the many games that accrued before I finally got a WP, but I've just about extinguished all I'll get from it.

Unfortunately my Nokia took a shit and is stuck in a reboot cycle (I know its fixable), but don't really care to. Only game I need to finish is NBA Jam and only other game I have interest in is FF3, but will only buy that if it goes on sale.

Regardless, I'll probably pick up the Win8 Bejeweled.
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf542,511
    Posted on 03 July 14 at 17:36
    I hate Microsoft, really really hate them, the crap they pull on us loyal fans is insulting.
  • YinYin1,023,833
    Posted on 03 July 14 at 18:14
    Farm Frenzy 2 to be on sale next week. That's my guess.
  • TriRockTriRock2,367,433
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,224,647
    Posted on 03 July 14 at 19:01
    Slightly off topic but my WP is definitely starting to feel like a novelty. I am disappointed with the lack of new games coming out so hopefully I have enough to last me until I get a hardware upgrade and move to another platform. The phone showed promise but it feels like nothing has been fulfilled in the year I have owned it. Heck, it can't even play older WAV files that Cisco likes to use for voicemails - really? It's a Windows file for crying out loud.

On topic: might as well stop offering deals since these repeats just feel like a slap in the face now.
    Ha ha, Charade you are!
  • Posted on 03 July 14 at 19:34
    I'll pass
  • coipcoip251,658
  • eHeadacheseHeadaches244,690
    Posted on 03 July 14 at 20:42
    A 150 hour phone game that gets boring in 10 minutes.

Wow.
  • Capn BeavCapn Beav784,367
    Posted on 03 July 14 at 20:44
    It's a phone, why does it need to play games at all? REAL phone-callers just want a phone that makes calls without all the bells and whistles

p.s. Texting is stupid, phones should have numbers, not letters.
  • CASS190684CASS190684247,469
    Posted on 03 July 14 at 23:29
    Was hoping the other one on WP would be on sale :( Boo.
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 July 14 at 23:32
    I'm with the rest of you guys. Once this phone dies or I can upgrade, I'm out as well. I don't know how many of us are leaving and if it's even enough to make a difference, but hitting them in their wallets is something most businesses pay attention to. To be honest, the quality of games was pretty poor overall, but there were some good titles. I'll be glad to focus more time on my 360 and future One.:)
    If you're havin' completion problems, I feel bad for you, son. I've got 99 problems, but DLC ain't one...
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,205,638
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 04:02
    Wow, are you people even looking for games? The WP platform is getting more and more games than it ever has in the past, and thanks to the new Universal App coding Microsoft added, the platform (along with Windows 8) is actually starting to get some apps before Android is (nothing tends to beat iOS with app development though). The future is bright for WP as a phone OS and a gaming platform, just don't get hung up on whether or not the little green Xbox Live banner in the square tile.
  • Posted on 04 July 14 at 07:09
    They must be having some serious problems getting devs/pubs to allow them to put their games on sale because they have been repeating a whole lot lately. But it doesn't help that they don't release any new games anymore that aren't F2P style games.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,345,716
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 08:29
    xPut Name Herex said:Wow, are you people even looking for games? The WP platform is getting more and more games than it ever has in the past, and thanks to the new Universal App coding Microsoft added, the platform (along with Windows 8) is actually starting to get some apps before Android is (nothing tends to beat iOS with app development though). The future is bright for WP as a phone OS and a gaming platform, just don't get hung up on whether or not the little green Xbox Live banner in the square tile.that may be true but read the comments here, most people want live enabled games WITH achs. Gta on the phone is all well and good but £4.99 and no achs what's the point? And before you say anything this is an achievement website!
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,419,194
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 22:43
    Our choices of live games are becoming so poor its pointless having WP.

I've still got my wp7 and have not bothered upgrading. Two of my kids have wp8 phones and they never play games on them..... they like achievements like I do but there is little of interest.

Not sure what to upgrade to but definitely not an iphone
    scotwolf2
  • o SeduLOUs oo SeduLOUs o613,700
    Posted on 07 July 14 at 20:40
    Slightly obsessed with Bejeweled, the grindy pieces of shit! Give me moar!
  • Posted on 08 July 14 at 12:17
    z Q u 4 K 3 z said: Rocket Riot wouldn't be bad either.Rocket Riot isn't gonna be a deal of the week, especially now they are going to self publish and remove the Live achievements
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.