Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD Launch Trailer

• Posted on 19 July 12 at 00:27
    Wish it was the N64 version !!! I`m more a SKATE series fan, have 100% on all of them !
  • Posted on 19 July 12 at 00:34
    mnn... spent a lot of time with this back at the day but IMHO I rather spend my time in any SKATE game than this "push a button to grind". It's not that it aged badly it's just it feels outdated in gameplay terms to me (yeah, it's a more arcade-ish approach)
  • CASS190684CASS190684263,655
    Posted on 19 July 12 at 00:39
    Tantric Monkeys said:
    Is it wrong that I was really psyched for this but thought i'll try the demo 1st as always and because they don't even let you play the full 2 minute run I now don't feel like giving them my 1200 points
    Umm what? So the demo is absolutely pointless then? I'm just in the middle of downloading it and now I have read this! facepalm Excellent. Sounds great roll
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Posted on 19 July 12 at 00:47
    CASS190684 said:
    Tantric Monkeys said:
    Is it wrong that I was really psyched for this but thought i'll try the demo 1st as always and because they don't even let you play the full 2 minute run I now don't feel like giving them my 1200 points
    Umm what? So the demo is absolutely pointless then? I'm just in the middle of downloading it and now I have read this! facepalm Excellent. Sounds great roll
    It was enough to get a feel for the game, personally speaking.

If you expect to be able to play the demo off and on until there's a price drop though, it won't last you very long.
    But if the silence takes you, then I hope it takes me too.
  • Posted on 19 July 12 at 00:56
    Well, I was really excited to get this game and planned on downloading this right after work. However something made me jump online and check out what people were saying about it before I did, and I'm glad I read some reviews first. Looks like I'll be waiting for a price drop on this one. Was really looking forward to playing this tonight : /
  • despondent ddespondent d749,278
    Posted on 19 July 12 at 00:59
    This is a bad, bad rendition.
  • Kelvin ThornKelvin Thorn162,267
    Posted on 19 July 12 at 01:35
    Downloaded. I'm enjoying it, but I'm fully aware that I'm wearing rose-colored nostalgia lenses while playing.
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude1,316,214
    Posted on 19 July 12 at 02:58
    Can't wait to play, I never had the chance to play anything earlier than THPS4 and I'm glad I now have the chance.
  • ixOWNxAGExiixOWNxAGExi716,008
    Posted on 19 July 12 at 03:29
    So far not looking to good
    The need to re-achieve. Redemption at its best.
  • Posted on 19 July 12 at 04:13, Edited on 19 July 12 at 05:09 by Crippled Locust
    I love this game & it's awesome that you can use your own avatar. smile

Edit: Now they should remake Matt Hoffman Pro BMX.
    Bite off more than you can chew & then chew like hell.
  • Gambitz711Gambitz71190,508
    Posted on 19 July 12 at 04:27
    Don't know how I feel about it yet. Most of the original characters aren't present. Wish I could play as Rune Glifberg among other original characters. Looks like I'll be using my Avatar. Level selection isn't very large. Almost want to snag my N64 from my parents to play the original versions.
  • Big EllBig Ell1,915,529
    Posted on 19 July 12 at 05:03, Edited on 19 July 12 at 05:04 by Big Ell
    RedemtionOWNAGE said:
    So far not looking to good
    The game or your spelling?

RedbullAddict83 said:
    I love this game & it's awesome that you can use your own avatar. smile
    Yeah, that was a nice surprise!

Kelvin Thorn said:
    Downloaded. I'm enjoying it, but I'm fully aware that I'm wearing rose-colored nostalgia lenses while playing.
    Yeah, I understand this notion. It's totally an awesome wave of nostalgia. I'm going to have to put some songs on my hard drive though because I'm already sick of the ones they have on there, and the new songs are all terrible.
  • ScenemanSceneman467,999
    Posted on 19 July 12 at 12:02
    heard this is a grade A stinker, will avoid.
  • BellstenBellsten505,918
    Posted on 19 July 12 at 13:16
    CASS190684 said:
    Tantric Monkeys said:
    Yes you have 80 seconds or so not the full 2 min time limit which that maps have, but you can play it over again. If they didn't do it like this then some people would have been satisfied with the 1 trial map and full 2 min experiance and not buy the game.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 July 12 at 16:04
    Just as I feared, looks great but plays horrible. It's the Mortal Kombat 4 syndrome :(
  • Posted on 19 July 12 at 18:49
    NeoStrayCat said:
    SickboyWPG said:
    No Split-Screen 2 Player? What the hell?
    That's one downside and they rather put online play instead...
    Well, that's not nearly as much fun and quite the kick in the balls.

No deal.
  • Posted on 19 July 12 at 21:28
    Thoroughly enjoying this game, but I do have my gripes.... The new songs on the soundtrack kinda suck, where's my Ozomatli and Del the Funky Homosapien? Also, not enough skaters from the classic rosters, no sign of Geoff Rowley, Bob Burnquist, Chad Muska et al. However, the core mechanics are definitely still there (for better or worse,) so much nostalgia for me, and there's always Public Enemy!
    Tell 'em Steve-Dave!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 July 12 at 21:54
    Elephant Ghost said:
    Thoroughly enjoying this game, but I do have my gripes.... The new songs on the soundtrack kinda suck, where's my Ozomatli and Del the Funky Homosapien? Also, not enough skaters from the classic rosters, no sign of Geoff Rowley, Bob Burnquist, Chad Muska et al. However, the core mechanics are definitely still there (for better or worse,) so much nostalgia for me, and there's always Public Enemy!
    They should make Mr. Bob Dobalina a playable character in this game! His special move could be "The Fraudulent"
  • Mike United 007Mike United 0071,035,801
    Posted on 20 July 12 at 09:09
    got it - so ooo many memories
    GT: Mike United 007
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 July 12 at 13:48
    V0ir said:
    Tantric Monkeys said:
    I felt the same way. I couldnt believe they wouldnt even give you 2 minutes. Very unappealing, that helped me make a decision. I can wait till its cheaper. Plus I've been wanting to start The Walking Dead episodes.
    Same here, very disappointed by the 90 second time limit. I bought points intending for it to be a day one purchase, now I'm waiting for it to come down to 800.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads