Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Three More Games Have Been Delisted

• Q u 4 lK eQ u 4 lK e1,200,889
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 02:34
    I JUST POSTED ABOUT THIS ON THE RED STRIPE DEALS. FUCKING MICROSOFT.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 July 14 at 03:04
    An all digital future sounds more and more amazing each day, doesn't it... right? laugh
    If you're havin' completion problems, I feel bad for you, son. I've got 99 problems, but DLC ain't one...
  • Evil CrusaiderEvil Crusaider1,095,777
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 03:10
    I deleted Rocket Riot a while ago to free up some space on my surface.
    Tried to re-download it from from download history.
    I'm being told that game is no longer available and can no longer be bought.
  • Q u 4 lK eQ u 4 lK e1,200,889
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 03:17
    Gunpowder (W8) is also no longer available. Dude, Gacys, you're right. Physical media for good.
  • Posted on 04 July 14 at 04:17
    Evil Crusaider said:I deleted Rocket Riot a while ago to free up some space on my surface.
    Tried to re-download it from from download history.
    I'm being told that game is no longer available and can no longer be bought.
    ya sucks that wp & win8 games can NOT be redownloaded after delisting have a few I purchased but can't get anymore
  • Draconic KyrDraconic Kyr207,751
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 04:25
    WP games can be manually installed by using an SD card and downloading the game on you computer from the store.

Windows 8 games can be reinstalled by going to your apps screen and moving the mouse to the top of the screen. A menu will appear where you can see all apps you had installed and gives you the option to install again.
  • Dannyboi511Dannyboi511141,736 141,736 GamerScore
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 05:21
    This is actually getting on my nerves. They say that all these Xbox compatible devices are getting full support but they are removing so many games from those devices. Like what the f**k Microsoft and Xbox? Your taking the very things that formed the gaming community of yours.
    Bigdanzo51169 - Happy Gaming!
  • FoerlFoerl963,536
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 05:25
    i don't think this is about microsoft. most likely it's about licenses paid for a specific period.
    ROADHOUSE.
  • Posted on 04 July 14 at 05:35
    Ha, I just perfected Rocket Riot on my WP. Yus.
  • SonderfallSonderfall3,375,918
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 06:22
    Blank Kirito said:WP games can be manually installed by using an SD card and downloading the game on you computer from the store.

Windows 8 games can be reinstalled by going to your apps screen and moving the mouse to the top of the screen. A menu will appear where you can see all apps you had installed and gives you the option to install again.
    Not true for WP: As soon as it's delisted, you cannot install the game anymore. Will never buy a WP-game again... wasted enough money on games that are now delisted and cannot be played anymore :-(
  • K4rn4geK4rn4ge3,070,155
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 08:02
    I've had enough of this BS as well. I have directed a tweet to MS and Xbox. Guys, please retweet it so they hopefully get the message and a) warn people before they are delisted in the future and/or b) possibly relist some games (which happens but rarely).

Here is my tweet: https://twitter.com/K4rn4ge/status/484908382998900737
  • Posted on 04 July 14 at 08:12, Edited on 04 July 14 at 08:17 by BLUNT CHEMIST
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • Posted on 04 July 14 at 08:17
    K4rn4ge said:I've had enough of this BS as well. I have directed a tweet to MS and Xbox. Guys, please retweet it so they hopefully get the message and a) warn people before they are delisted in the future and/or b) possibly relist some games (which happens but rarely).

following & retweeted up vote
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,623,876
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 08:36
    WP is dead and my contract is up soon. Unless Ms can be bothered to get any live enabled games out for it I'm done with wp
  • GrimaceTheGreyGrimaceTheGrey1,256,843
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 09:21
    Sashamorning said:Soon the XBLA will go the way of GFWL.That's a little overboard, the games that are giving us a shock, are the WP and Win 8 ones, the one XBLA arcade game doesn't really seem to have surprised anyone.
  • GrimaceTheGreyGrimaceTheGrey1,256,843
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 09:23
    Gacys Clown said:An all digital future sounds more and more amazing each day, doesn't it... right? laughNo kidding, how are they going to convince anyone to go all digital if they keep delising games.
  • geordiedeviantgeordiedeviant1,775,817
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 10:18
    MugenKairo said:Airtight Games have closed for business so I would be getting Quantum Conundrum as soon as I could before that gets delisted. It is an awesome puzzler.Good call. Panic stations. Best grab that DLC before it disappears.
    Has the DLC always been 2 quid each? I'm sure I would have snapped them up earlier if they were.
  • PynnokyrPynnokyr929,571
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 10:55
    I completely forgot about the quantum conundrum dlc glad I read the comments here and picked em up thanks!
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42741,490
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 11:14, Edited on 05 July 14 at 02:08 by MathGuy42
    Delisted, but previously purchased, Window 8 / 8.1 games can be redownloaded.

1. Open the Store app.
    2a. Win 8.0: Right-click or swipe down to select "Your apps."
    2b. Win 8.1: Choose Account, then "My apps."
    3. Select the game you want to reinstall. Right-click or swiping down should work. There will be a box around the game with a checkmark. It can be fiddly. In 8.1, it is easy to accidentally move on to the game's page.
    4. Click "Install" at the bottom of the screen.

If you get to the game's individual page, you've gone too far and will get an error message if you try to reinstall.

Still trying to figure out why the WP and Win 8 versions of Rocket Riot were delisted. The XBLA version would have been less surprising since it was published by THQ.

The Codeglue FB page said on June 14, regarding the iOS version: Since 2 weeks the iOS version of Rocket Riot is published by us, rather than by Chillingo. They did a great job and got us featured as well in the US as the UK, but the term of our agreement ended and we decided to give it a go ourselves! So there you have it, an iPhone 5 compatible Rocket Riot (finally)!

~Team Codeglue
    Perhaps there was a similar contract expiration for the WP and Win 8 versions. Hopefully Codeglue will publish those again as well.

The Rocket Riot FB page had April and May postings, soliciting feedback for development of a "follow-up to Rocket Riot." And RocketRiot.com is still active, with the Win 8 version taking center stage. I hope this all means it will be coming back.

Edit: Rocket Riot will (probably) be back. I tweeted Codeglue and had this exchange. @Codeglue Why were the WP and Win 8 versions of Rocket Riot delisted? Pls keep supporting WP and Win 8.

Reply:
    We will! Don't worry! We will be publishing the game ourselves now instead of Microsoft. So we're in transition. :)

Great to get a quick and real answer! I encourage everyone to support Codeglue.
  • SwearySeanSwearySean1,169,443
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 12:13
    K4rn4ge said:I've had enough of this BS as well. I have directed a tweet to MS and Xbox. Guys, please retweet it so they hopefully get the message and a) warn people before they are delisted in the future and/or b) possibly relist some games (which happens but rarely).

Retweeted too!
    Don't feed the trolls
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.