Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

More Windows 8 Delistings

• AhayzoAhayzo1,419,155
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 03:36
    MathGuy42 said:^ Yes, you can redownload delisted Windows 8 apps. The post you quote is correct. I give slightly more detailed directions here.So same as regular redownload basically from the sound of it. Sounds good. I reinstalled Windows recently and haven't downloaded several games that were recently delisted.
  • Returner2084Returner2084195,317
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 05:11
    Without waiting for the discount sale, Let buy all the games want now!
    Disappear more and more... cry
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,324,319
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 05:17
    Sashamorning said:...and sniped! I was just about to repost MathGuy's instructions. toast

Furthermore, this goes again to why I think that digital-only releases aren't the way to go. Give me a physical disc so that I can pull it out later.
    People still have disc drives on their computers? shock
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,645,702
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 05:18, Edited on 05 July 14 at 05:29 by Sashamorning
    Green Espeon said:GREGO McGEE said:Not sure if there are any mods here, but I just checked on every WIN 8 game.

The following are also gone:
    BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
    Toy Soldiers: Cold War
    Tentacles: Enter the Mind

If anyone has luck finding these, please let me know, otherwise that unfortunate list can be extended...
    Um, yeah, I found all of them actually
    I don't see Tentacles, but I see the other 2.

Correction: I don't see it in the US, but I see it in the Danish store (free, downloading now). It may be in others as well.

xPut Name Herex said:Sashamorning said:...and sniped! I was just about to repost MathGuy's instructions. toast

Furthermore, this goes again to why I think that digital-only releases aren't the way to go. Give me a physical disc so that I can pull it out later.
    People still have disc drives on their computers? shock
    A portable external. I like to watch DVDs occasionally and (SURPRISE!) don't like digital-only movies. wink
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • Posted on 05 July 14 at 06:34
    I need a win 8 pc b4 everything is delisted :)
  • GREGO McGEEGREGO McGEE3,404,895
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 07:30
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,324,319
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 07:38
    Sashamorning said:Green Espeon said:GREGO McGEE said:Not sure if there are any mods here, but I just checked on every WIN 8 game.

The following are also gone:
    BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
    Toy Soldiers: Cold War
    Tentacles: Enter the Mind

If anyone has luck finding these, please let me know, otherwise that unfortunate list can be extended...
    Um, yeah, I found all of them actually
    I don't see Tentacles, but I see the other 2.

Correction: I don't see it in the US, but I see it in the Danish store (free, downloading now). It may be in others as well.
    Tentacles: Enter the Mind is still in a soft release, and is only available in one market as the developers are still working on the game for a full release (picking the studio's home country of Denmark to do so).
  • TriggerMittTriggerMitt734,697
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 09:12
    It seems to me like games that don't require Windows 8.1 are getting removed.
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE592,660
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 09:32
    Hayato Uchiha said:Thank god i never bought a wp, it seems like it's dying out slowly.Apart from the XBL enabled games, the OS is very good. Shame for all the delistings, MS should really start to create btter terms so companies are more willing to publish thier games underneath them
    Walkthrough Assistant Manager - Regular guy just enjoying his games
  • RickyGBirdRickyGBird369,228
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 09:49, Edited on 05 July 14 at 09:50 by RickyGBird
    So according to the statement, it is possibly down to a publishing end with MS? Fair enough.

In regards to WP, the game list is vastly expanding for non-XBL titles. I expect this to lead to more XBL titles over time, especially as most companies are probably waiting for the 8.1 update to drop officially.

As long as more games appear than what's delisting laugh
    Previously on Alan Wake...
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo288,863
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 11:20, Edited on 05 July 14 at 11:37 by MugenKairo
    ii x Etchells X said:Hayato Uchiha said:Thank god i never bought a wp, it seems like it's dying out slowly.I nearly got one earlier in the year, glad i didnt nowSame here, not worth getting a WP just for achievements.
    'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
  • Posted on 05 July 14 at 11:39, Edited on 05 July 14 at 11:41 by I8ITackyticsI8I
    I've had two generations of WP and I will swap to a Sony xperia when I'm ready to update. They don't support WP enough and there seems to be less options as time goes on, there's hardly any apps and they charge double for games just for it to be live enabled, then will remove them at the drop of a hat and you can't ever redownload them. They've just concentrated on their consoles and the rest isn't important...

Edit: Not to mention Nokia get a much better experience. Everyone else gets screwed - screen timeout, less apps, no way to track your phone usage... Its a shame because I really enjoyed my wp7 but wp8 has been terrible.
  • GAMERJET XBLGAMERJET XBL232,349
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 11:55, Edited on 05 July 14 at 11:58 by GAMERJET XBL
    Very puzzling, as Microsoft has recently been releasing titles themselves, such as Jigsaw, Jackpot, Sudoku, and treasure hunt; while I haven't seen another company publish in awhile. Last one I can remember off the top of my head was Kingdoms & Lords from Gameloft.
    (EDIT: We did get ExZeus recently so that was another company)

The Windows Store shouldbe a gold mine and adding Xbox support should only solidify that gold. Clearly, that's the not case since more people aren't publishing under Xbox windows 8. cry
  • JuicyjamsJuicyjams945,202
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 12:04
    The harvest for windows phone is still there, someone posted earlier that it wasn't but I just bought it. To clarify its wp7 only.
    LitePink = Thread Nazi
  • Rusty Nail zhRusty Nail zh1,373,002
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 12:21
    Juicyjams said:The harvest for windows phone is still there, someone posted earlier that it wasn't but I just bought it. To clarify its wp7 only.Ah good to know. I read on the game page of "The Harvest" that it is for any Windows Phone. But then I will check on my WP7. Thanks!
    I have come here to chew bubble gum and kiss ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum.
  • WeltallAYWeltallAY193,315
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 12:34
    No BlazBlue? Well, I will now officially never get a W8 Platform. Fuck W8 and WP, Microsoft has done a truly wretched job handling these delistings.
  • punkyliarpunkyliar226,471
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 12:43
    WeltallAY said:No BlazBlue? Well, I will now officially never get a W8 Platform. Fuck W8 and WP, Microsoft has done a truly wretched job handling these delistings.Blazblue is still available, as are all of the other games that people have mentioned in this thread. The only delisted games are the ones in the article, or ones that had been delisted before this week.
  • JuicyjamsJuicyjams945,202
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 13:23
    ^ Punky is correct I just went and snagged it as well. I was going to get toy soldiers but I just don't have 10 bucks to spend on it.
    LitePink = Thread Nazi
  • Posted on 05 July 14 at 14:08
    FFS! I was eyeing some of those to, but was waiting for the bean dive to buy them. Ungh, i think i might just buy all games i want before anything else gets removed.
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • SalsbarSalsbar1,048,546
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 14:12
    Kinda sad to see support for Win8 being dropped from all these games
    Check out my Darkmatter Xbox 360 Laptop Progress on my blog: http://www.trueachievements.com/gamerbl
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.