Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

More Windows 8 Delistings

• Posted on 05 July 14 at 16:21
    This is getting absolutely ridiculous now. I can understand one or two titles, but to delist so many games so quickly with absolutely no warning whatsoever just isn't fair. I was waiting for a few of these to go on red stripe sale; had I known they were going to be delisted I would've bought them while I had the chance. Surely it can't be so hard to at least give everyone a heads up?

Sashamorning said:Furthermore, this goes again to why I think that digital-only releases aren't the way to go. Give me a physical disc so that I can pull it out later.I feel exactly the same. Things like these sudden delistings are a prime example of why I don't like buying digital. When you buy the physical copy of a game, it's yours to have and play forever. When you buy digital, yes it's more convenient, and yes it loads faster, but at the cost of the company being able to pull the rug out from under you at any time.

As Xbox Live eventually draws to a close on the 360, I only hope they have the decency to give us some warning when they start delisting things from the marketplace. I'd hate to see a similar situation of games just randomly disappearing.
  • PE0014PE00141,443,074
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 18:27
    I was unable to redownload a few of the games I had purchased. I contacted Microsoft and explained I had purchased the apps and removed them from my system to make room. When I attempted to redownload, I was no longer able to do so. They refunded my money on each app...
    1. Royal Envoy 2 Special Edition
    2. Zombies!!!
    3. Crash Course Go

So much for digital content...
  • mcnichojmcnichoj233,506
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 19:49
    Envoy and Harvest have been gone for a while now, why report it now?
  • CroutonCrusaderCroutonCrusader1,737,662
    Posted on 05 July 14 at 20:55
    PE0014 said:I was unable to redownload a few of the games I had purchased. I contacted Microsoft and explained I had purchased the apps and removed them from my system to make room. When I attempted to redownload, I was no longer able to do so. They refunded my money on each app...
    1. Royal Envoy 2 Special Edition
    2. Zombies!!!
    3. Crash Course Go

So much for digital content...
    I still have Royal Envoy 2 installed, but I finished Zombies!!! and Crash Course Go awhile back and removed them.

I just attempted to redownload Zombies!!! and Crash Course Go and ran into no problems -- they downloaded and I was able to play them.

Did you follow the instructions that was posted earlier in the thread?
  • GR4V1G0R3GR4V1G0R3248,346
    Posted on 06 July 14 at 01:55
    so glad I didn't buy windows 8 now...I grew tired of losing games ive never played from my windows phone library, then wp7 was essentially dropped, then the GFWL closure thing...a year later every week we are hearing of more windows 8 delistings, windows phone 8 is getting a similar treatment to what wp7 had near the end...and they are prepping for windows 9 now...which will be along the same lines but even more appeal to the masses than win8's touchscreen focussed nonsense

if it wasn't for the need of direct x and therefore a windows operating system I'd gladly jump ship entirely to a none MS world, where your things are yours and can be used how you want...I'd settle for them just making something good for a change though

cynicism overload
  • xiphumbraxiphumbra108,210
    Posted on 06 July 14 at 02:45
    The rate these games keep getting delisted there won't be anything left.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,049,021
    Posted on 06 July 14 at 04:17
    This is what you all get for downgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8.
    I saw a girl crying while buying tampons. Must be going through a rough period in her life.
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,645,702
    Posted on 06 July 14 at 04:42
    XI AlphaMale IX said:This is what you all get for downgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8.laugh
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • AlphaSON1CAlphaSON1C1,557,124
    Posted on 06 July 14 at 06:36
    Delistings roll
    Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 July 14 at 10:56
    It's not just about delisting games.... but also about HOW MANY NEW GAMES for Win8 and WP8 are there? I'm afraid almost NONE. Microsoft throws in one or two freebies every now and then.... but who cares about Microsoft Bingo or Microsoft this and Microsoft that. I haven't seen anything decent recently, maybe with the exception of Wordament SNAP ATTACK.
  • Giftied xIGiftied xI696,004
    Posted on 06 July 14 at 12:25
    im glad i already bought and completed Field & Stream fishing, Loved that game.
  • III Torpedo IIIIII Torpedo III2,187,225
    Posted on 06 July 14 at 14:00
    mhmmm that is very annoying... angry
    Carpe Noctem
  • Posted on 06 July 14 at 14:18
    CroutonCrusader said:I just attempted to redownload Zombies!!! and Crash Course Go and ran into no problems -- they downloaded and I was able to play them.

Did you follow the instructions that was posted earlier in the thread?
    I'm not sure how that works if MS have refunded someone for the games they claim to be no longer available. My assumption was you could no longer play those games anymore or is this incorrect?

Surely that would open up abuse if you could as people would just ask for a refund and get their money back but continue to play all the games for free.

I know on WP they can refund you but that's only because you cant download the game anymore. I doubt installing the XAP file to your phone would work as you could download all the games and play them for free unless it checks you had a paid license for that game at some point.

If that was the case I would get a phone with an sd card and install Tiger Woods as its the only WP game that got delisted that I had bought but not installed, but I don't think that's the case.
  • xQu33nEmblaxQu33nEmbla315,124
    Posted on 06 July 14 at 22:47
    This is making me not wanting to buy or get any more Win8 Live games.. I have already several unobtainable achievements, just because they figure out they either just delisting the game or don't want to fix it with an update.
  • xQu33nEmblaxQu33nEmbla315,124
    Posted on 06 July 14 at 22:51
    XI AlphaMale IX said:This is what you all get for downgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8.And if you buy a Surface, it's already preinstalled with a Win8.
  • mamaanimamaani1,598,156
    Posted on 07 July 14 at 00:16
    I should had bought Royal Envoy2.It was in my desktop for a long time with trial version.
    Why doesn't MS announce before?
  • Patriot65108Patriot65108794,086
    Posted on 07 July 14 at 06:02
    I'm amazed at how Microsoft has screwed up the Windows Phone advantage as well as their Windows for tablets platform. The quality of games that are Live enabled are PATHETIC on both. I ended up buying Asus Transformer because it has the advantage of acting as a tablet...but you can also install Steam and run thousands of BETTER games. With the recent delistings and the number of games that have unobtainables...I've decided to no longer even bother starting any of the "free to play" games on Windows Phone and Windows 8. As a publishing partner, Microsoft is not only useless but they seem to put up every single barrier imaginable to prevent developers who want to actually publish great games on their platforms. When developers are deciding to no longer publish "Live" enabled games because they have to deal with Mirosoft Studios in order to do it...well why does that part of the company even exists? I'm seriously not even bothering to start up in WP or Windows 8 games and quickly finish up the ones I've already started before the whole platform goes the way of "Games for Windows Live." Steam and Valve didn't kill Microsoft's foray into PC gaming...Microsoft is doing a pretty great job screwing up that all by themselves on EVERY single platform except for Xbox.
    http://99gamers.com/sig/500eaf4262d3/big.png
  • Posted on 07 July 14 at 11:04
    Not nice !!!
  • RVMRVM475,455
    Posted on 07 July 14 at 13:31
    Well damn, I guess I better buy the crappy Adera content fast before its gone. I should know to never start Win8 free games...
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,645,702
    Posted on 07 July 14 at 13:56
    Robotic Aquatic said:Well damn, I guess I better buy the crappy Adera content fast before its gone. I should know to never start Win8 free games...Yeah, I got screwed over on Little Mermaid. Should never start a game where there are achievements for content not yet released.

Adera's fun, though.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.