Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

LEGO Batman 3 to Receive Season Pass

• zyxomma100zyxomma100201,107
    Posted on 09 September 14 at 22:42
    I'm slightly sorry that I don't have anything worthwhile to contribute, but...

Bleh.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 September 14 at 23:38
    I'm surprised it took them so long. I've stopped buying games with season passes, I've only ever bought 1 season pass before (DR3) and I have learnt my lesson to never buy one again.
    What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
  • DaOverUnderDaOverUnder1,720,316
    Posted on 10 September 14 at 02:43
    DrCanadianNinja said:Obligatory question involving achievements.

I hope not, though. Lego games are notoriously monotonous for the completion, the last thing I need is more of it, even if this is shaping up to be a good one.

Of course, if they do, I'm getting it anyway, but that's not the point.
    Notoriously montonous. All you have to do is play the game to 100%. They only take 10-30 hours.

If you don't like the games that's fine, but nearly all the achievements are just things that a Lego game fan would do anyway.
  • Posted on 10 September 14 at 04:20
    I haven't play the 2nd Lego Batman but I hope they let you play as the Batman Beyond version.
  • St1ng rSt1ng r1,255,778
    Posted on 10 September 14 at 04:26
    A pretty dark day for the Lego franchise, I personally dislike games that have day 1 DLC as it is basically milking people for money. If this extra content is ready on day one then it should be on the disk..
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64319,559
    Posted on 10 September 14 at 06:36
    what about online coop? will this game finally have it?
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • OjotangoOjotango217,851
    Posted on 10 September 14 at 08:51
    Because it's Batman I'll be getting this. If it was any of the other Lego games I'd probably be outraged, but no!

Because: Batman.
    So much for pathos...
  • TheGearGuardianTheGearGuardian1,076,286
    Posted on 10 September 14 at 12:34
    what is the problem with a season pass O_O. i personally love them since GOW3. guaranteed content, nearly always more achievements, you get more from the game.
    most people waste so much money each month on a mobile phone tariff having an Iphone or the latest android, yet wont shell out £15 for extras to your game.
    the console based game industry is dying day by day to smartphones. how about defend your platform and take pride in the games. they may not be here much longer.
    ¬¬ soo, yeah
  • Posted on 10 September 14 at 13:16
    Is this the first time a LEGO game has DLC?
    This space for rent.
  • Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,156,979
    Posted on 10 September 14 at 13:50, Edited on 10 September 14 at 13:55 by Elite1111111111
    St1ng r said:A pretty dark day for the Lego franchise, I personally dislike games that have day 1 DLC as it is basically milking people for money. If this extra content is ready on day one then it should be on the disk..Problem with Lego games is they're so established now they know how big they have to make them to be 'up to par', then they can make the rest DLC. I've only played a few but Indy was 18 levels, Star Wars Complete Saga (which was pretty much 2 games) was 30 levels, and I wanna say Lego Harry Potter 2 was 24?

Developer don't make games to trump the previous one. They make games just good enough to think they can get $60 then you have to pay for more.
  • JLogan27JLogan27813,069
    Posted on 10 September 14 at 14:26
    dropK1CK ninJA said:Is this the first time a LEGO game has DLC?1st time DLC will have achievements, I believe. They've had DLC before.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 September 14 at 14:30
    dropK1CK ninJA said:Is this the first time a LEGO game has DLC?Story DLC, yes. They've only released character/weapon/spell packs so far.

- Star Wars II had a Prequel character pack (not available anymore)
    - Potter 2 had one character and one spell pack
    - Batman 2 had two character packs
    - LotR had two character packs and a weapons/magic items pack
    - Marvel had two character/vehicle packs
    - Lego Movie had a character/pants pack
    - The Hobbit had two character and two weapons packs

Now, The Hobbit WILL have story DLC in December for the third film.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 September 14 at 14:34
    Phoenix C64 said:what about online coop? will this game finally have it?No. The creative director has said time and time again that it's all about getting together with family and friends in the same room to play.

This is the 15th X360 Lego game and there have been only 3 that have had online co-op, two of which were added after the fact (Indy 2 [2009] and Potter 1 [2010]). Only SW Complete [2007] was shipped with online co-op.
  • paramoreRyanparamoreRyan1,016,704
    Posted on 10 September 14 at 14:57
    OZRIC DUB said:I would love Lego Mass Effect, Lego Doctor Who and Lego Simpsons games . They would b really good to transform into Lego games, but doubt I will see any of themWell there was the Lego Simpsons episode so that's probably the most likely to happen out of any of those 3. I'd love to see any of them done though.
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,373,611
    Posted on 10 September 14 at 15:49
    Best ln Philly said:DrCanadianNinja said:Obligatory question involving achievements.

I hope not, though. Lego games are notoriously monotonous for the completion, the last thing I need is more of it, even if this is shaping up to be a good one.

Of course, if they do, I'm getting it anyway, but that's not the point.
    Notoriously montonous. All you have to do is play the game to 100%. They only take 10-30 hours.

If you don't like the games that's fine, but nearly all the achievements are just things that a Lego game fan would do anyway.
    When you use words like "just", "only," or "all you have to do," it conveniently glosses over the repetition. The older games had the problem of making the best red bricks (stud multipliers and invincibility) prohibitively expensive. Lego Star Wars II, for instance, I never hit 100% because it involved nothing but Mos Eisley Spaceport for another few hours, collecting every stud, then doing the same thing again, then again, then buy the multiplier, then do it again.

Thankfully, that attitude's been phased out, but I've found it still reaches a burnout point. Now that the hubs are getting bigger and better, the end game isn't going through the stages and collecting everything, it's flying around the hub to do the same thing on obstacles courses and rescuing citizens. I've found with 250 gold bricks in a game, without something to break up the action a little, it gets boring around 150. Lego Marvel did it well by introducing the Deadpool up to around brick 200, I believe, but even then, the hub was getting on my nerves.

I actually do like the games - I've played 11, completed 8, and two of the remaining ones I simply haven't gotten to yet. I'm actively looking forward to this, and I may break my rule of not buying a Lego game until it's under $20 for this one. That said, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 was the only one that didn't hit that repetition nerve. The sequel did, and my all-time favorite in LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes still hit it.

In short, I like it, but that doesn't make it perfect design. Conversely, I criticize, but it doesn't mean I hate it.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV3,228,977
    Posted on 10 September 14 at 15:58
    TheGearGuardian said:what is the problem with a season pass O_O. i personally love them since GOW3. guaranteed content, nearly always more achievements, you get more from the game.
    most people waste so much money each month on a mobile phone tariff having an Iphone or the latest android, yet wont shell out £15 for extras to your game.
    the console based game industry is dying day by day to smartphones. how about defend your platform and take pride in the games. they may not be here much longer.
    the problem is 3 of these dlcs are available on launch day! The game is not out till oct so those 3 should be in the game! And most phone games are under £5 not £40 odd they want for this and then another £12.99 for a season pass?! Its devs fucking greed would th dlc and achs that is going to kill off console gaming eventually. This just screams out cash grab as with 90% of season passes.
  • CraiglionheartCraiglionheart1,936,686
    Posted on 10 September 14 at 16:02
    I can't wait for this! This is getting stacked day one! Lol
  • Saran447Saran447662,435
    Posted on 10 September 14 at 16:03
    Depends on the length of those dlc missions. Are they the length of a normal lego game mission where you can replay with other characters to gain extra things? Or is it a short one off mission with no extras?

Guess we will have to wait and see.
  • Posted on 10 September 14 at 16:46
    will wait to see if they've reduced the size of the main game first
  • Dr Venkman07Dr Venkman07103,671
    Posted on 10 September 14 at 21:18
    V1p3rs bite said:That poor, poor cow. Pretty sure she's dried up devs, you can quit any day now.You should be saying that to the people who make and release generic FPS games every year (which is, to say, all of them).
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads