Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge Walkthrough Discussion

• Posted on 25 January 15 at 13:32Permalink
    Please use this thread to discuss the Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge walkthrough
  • zoidberg1339zoidberg1339417,203
    Posted on 31 January 15 at 00:48Permalink
    If anyone cares, I'm almost done. I hope to have it submitted for review sometime next week.
  • NomstuffNomstuff697,428
    Posted on 04 February 15 at 22:47Permalink
    Sweet!
  • Posted on 19 February 15 at 17:15Permalink
    Yes! Cannot wait headspin
  • Mr GranstaffMr Granstaff1,533,157
    Posted on 17 April 15 at 01:24Permalink
    FYI - I had to use the balloon for the elevator section. This walkthrough may need another minor correction as well, so someone on staff should read this over again to revise the inaccuracies.
    Rollus Tidus
    Posted on 16 December 15 at 02:34Permalink
    Mr Granstaff said:FYI - I had to use the balloon for the elevator section. This walkthrough may need another minor correction as well, so someone on staff should read this over again to revise the inaccuracies.Sorry, nobody notified me. I'll take a look at it.
    Posted on 24 December 15 at 20:06Permalink
    I made a small edit but I'm not sure what difference it made. You can get LeChuck's beard bits simply by pulling the lever while he stands in the doorway of the elevator.
  • Posted on 15 April 16 at 02:37Permalink
    Thanks for the great and funny walkthrough!

I also had the issue with the elevator. I had to go back and fill up the helium again after I inhaled it for the achievement.

There's a small omission - you have to sail back to Booty Island to go to Stan's in Part II

Also, why can't you just check out Famous Pirate Quotations from the library instead of checking out a random book and doing the switcheroo at the mansion?
    Posted on 16 April 16 at 04:42, Edited on 16 April 16 at 04:46 by zoidberg1339Permalink
    Malicious Fury said:Thanks for the great and funny walkthrough!

I also had the issue with the elevator. I had to go back and fill up the helium again after I inhaled it for the achievement.

There's a small omission - you have to sail back to Booty Island to go to Stan's in Part II

Also, why can't you just check out Famous Pirate Quotations from the library instead of checking out a random book and doing the switcheroo at the mansion?
    Thanks for the feedback Fury. Glad you liked the WT, it's still probably the most fun I've had writing one. Welcome to the 100% club laugh

I'll start by saying I won't be able to address these ASAP. Between school, tax season, and the other WTs I'm working on - reviewing the Fallout 4 WT is going to be quite the task - this is lower on the priority list. That being said, I'm overdue for my biennial playthrough of Monkey Island 2. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the parts you mentioned and make the appropriate edits.

You can't check Famous Pirate Quotations from the Phatt Island Library because Governor Phatt already has it checked out. You need the random book to switch with Famous Pirate Quotations.
  • kintariskintaris320,676
    Posted on 29 July 16 at 19:22, Edited on 29 July 16 at 19:37 by kintarisPermalink
    Great guide, just a little feedback from me for whenever you get chance to review.

Following on from Fury's point, if you take into account that you have to go to Booty Island to get to Stan's, a slightly more efficient approach is to go to Stan's as soon as you're back from Kate's trip and have traded in the Monkey Head (as you'll already have what you need to trap him). That way you can go from Booty to Phatt, sort out Map Piece 3, and then head straight to Scabb for Map 4. Saves a bit of time.

Also, in Part 1, you can get the Big Whoop book through dialogue in your earlier interaction with the Voodoo Lady, meaning you don't have to head all the way back to her house later. Saves another couple of minutes.

Nothing major, just a couple of time savers toast

EDIT: You don't have to go back to Woodtick after VL warns you Wally is in trouble, you can get straight in the crate at the swamp. It's so weird learning different ways to play this game efficiently after 20 years of playing it regularly laugh
    Sam Quirke | @kintaris | TA Newshound
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant545,033
    Posted on 30 January 17 at 17:10Permalink
    Estimated time is 3-10 hours. That is a huge difference. What is the reason for that?
    Posted on 01 February 17 at 00:53Permalink
    Three hours (at most) if you blast through it in a single playthrough, skipping cutscenes and dialogue. Not recommended, but possible.

Ten hours (which is probably high but whatever) if you do a leisurely first playthrough without using the WT, followed by a second playthrough for the speedrun.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant545,033
    Posted on 01 February 17 at 01:01Permalink
    toast So 3 hours if I blast through and use a YT video for the cutscenes? wink
  • dabaldiedabaldie515,787
    Posted on 14 February 17 at 23:30Permalink
    Ok. The issue with the lift and the beard have to be addressed. The lift door wont close unless you have filled both gloves and the balloon with helium. I tried several times, including with one, two and then finally all three and the lift closed first time.
    There is a clue on the "sticker" about weight so I'm guessing this is a key action.
    Frustrated me for ages, thinking it was a timing issue, but I guess not. Found the solution on another website.
    Other than that (and the fact that Stans place is on the other island) great walkthrough.
    How do I write a signature?
    Posted on 15 February 17 at 08:44, Edited on 15 February 17 at 08:52 by zoidberg1339Permalink
    dabaldie said:
    (and the fact that Stans place is on the other island)
    When did I get this mixed up? I skimmed all of Part II and didn't see an error.

Edit: fixed the glove part
  • AES0PAES0P943,622
    Posted on 29 June 17 at 12:34Permalink
    Just gonna throw it out there because Stans confused me too, it's in the 4th to last paragraph. 6th to last paragraph says go to Booty and grab the 2nd map piece then go to Phatt. You explain how to get the 3rd map piece on Phatt and then say "A skeleton is sitting in the bathtub holding the third map piece. Take it, then use the hole to the left and make your way back to town.

Enter Stan's Previously Owned Coffins and talk to Stan about a good used coffin." 3rd map piece is on Phatt, Stans is on Booty. Otherwise a very good guide.
    Posted on 29 June 17 at 16:52Permalink
    Thanks for being specific. I don't mind people pointing out mistakes but it's kinda irritating when they don't include enough detail for me to fix it.
  • AES0PAES0P943,622
    Posted on 29 June 17 at 17:19Permalink
    I completely understand. As I said other than that it was a fantastic guide, I really appreciated both of your Monkey Island walkthroughs as I have just now gotten around to playing them.
  • Posted on 25 September 17 at 06:40, Edited on 25 September 17 at 06:40 by Elite1111111111Permalink
    The part about Stan's still hasn't been fixed. Paragraphs 19 to 20 of Part 2.

"Pulling the right brick results in Guybrush falling into the basement instead. A skeleton is sitting in the bathtub holding the third map piece. Take it, then use the hole to the left and make your way back to town.

Enter Stan's Previously Owned Coffins and talk to Stan about a good used coffin."

The third map piece is on Phatt Island, and you make no mention of returning to Booty Island to get to Stan.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.