Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ubisoft Closing Online Servers for Several Games

• misfit119misfit1191,088,746
    Posted on 09 August 14 at 06:38
    X InFlames80 X said:gamerboyTHXtss said:Lol at BestInPhilly! Wasted 6 hours posting in the thread telling people that NONE of the servers are shutting down.

laugh
    http://puu.sh/aKT0h/d7d9f91163.png
    Hah! That's hysterical. Now we wait...toast
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • NeezerNeezer344,123
  • Team BretherTeam Brether1,342,734
    Posted on 09 August 14 at 09:23
    Can confirm Motionsports Adrenaline servers are gone. Only needed 1 online, oh well, no point crying over a game I only ever had a slim chance of completing due to the local co-op stuff.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant933,869
    Posted on 09 August 14 at 10:45
    Billy Horrible said:Still waiting for someone to come into the thread shouting that everyone saying any servers at all are offline are liars...LIARS!!!!
    Hey Niko, its your cousin! Let's go bowling!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 August 14 at 10:58
    gamerboyTHXtss said:Lol at BestInPhilly! Wasted 6 hours posting in the thread telling people that NONE of the servers are shutting down.

laugh
    Did he ever actually say that none of the servers are going down? On his first post, he did say that most of them weren't...

Huge emphasis on "most". As in, not all, but most. Majority.
  • pezza888pezza888165,189
    Posted on 09 August 14 at 11:00
    So which of the games actually went down? Was it just avatar and motionsports?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 August 14 at 11:03, Edited on 09 August 14 at 11:06 by
    MidgetsInactive said:gamerboyTHXtss said:Lol at BestInPhilly! Wasted 6 hours posting in the thread telling people that NONE of the servers are shutting down.

laugh
    Did he ever actually say that none of the servers are going down? On his first post, he did say that most of them weren't...

Huge emphasis on "most". As in, not all, but most. Majority.
    The 'most' in his first post was about the most of these games being peer to peer. About the shutdown, he kept saying that the news was wrong, the link was wrong, and that nothing would happen because it had already happened.

Best ln Philly said:misfit119 said:So wait, if what you're saying is true Best in Philly, the only thing that's going to be going away that hasn't already been taken is the uPlay stuff?NOTHING IS GOING TO BE TAKEN AWAY. This is a list of games that already had features removed. Check the link I posted. It shows clearly that as of Jul 3rd (A month ago) this was a list of games with features removed.

They reposted the same list games that were shut down and the only thing they changed was the wording that preceded the list. The wording is done very, very poorly. I have no idea why this happened.

ALL I KNOW IS THAT THESE GAMES CANNOT BE SHUTDOWN. IT IS AN IMPOSSIBILITY.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet the Uplay will NOT BE REMOVED! AND THIS WAS SIMPLY A MISTAKE!

HERE'S THE LINK!

http://goo.gl/RrKOBC
    Best ln Philly said: (...) That all these games had multiplayer features removed as of February 3rd 2014.

Now all of a sudden they are removing featues THAT AREN'T EVEN POSSIBLE TO REMOVE, from games that ALL READY HAD ALL THERE FEATURES REMOVED 5 MONTHS AGO AND BEYOND.

In fact, that February 3rd date was just the date of the latest server shutdown. Some of those games had all possible server features removed YEARS before this.

That link clearly shows this is a mistake.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
  • The Ju1ceThe Ju1ce827,614
    Posted on 09 August 14 at 11:37
    Mobius Evalon said:ajwsmack said:I know man, and I don't disagree with you at all. It then does become annoying and really hard for some people to find someone, but they CAN still do it by themselves is all I'm saying. Like I said in my previous post, there are videos on youtube on how to do every single coop mission by yourself.Most of them are possible solo with some perseverance and luck, but there are at least three that are completely impossible to solo.

Missions 3, 9, & 15 require the player(s) to collect as many complete files as possible within 15 minutes, which require a minimum of 8 files if nobody dies. The most I could ever do on my lonesome was a maximum of 5 files (~2.5 minutes per file) and I'd like to think I was decently good at the coop. I needed others to secure 3-4 files (depending on whether anyone died) while I was running my 5 back and forth so that the gold was even possible. There is no way these missions are possible to solo gold at all, you simply do not have the time.

Splinter Cell also seems entirely unaffected by this shutdown, I could even start a ranked match and had a random drop in. Avatar's multiplayer is 100% gone, though, so that was completely the reverse of what I expected today.
    They can all be done solo. 15 is by far the hardest, but it's definitely possible. I needed to average about 1:40 per file. I went right up next to the yellow terminal each time and just snapped dudes' necks whenever they approached me (with the aide of flash bangs, of course).
  • DaOverUnderDaOverUnder1,691,934
    Posted on 09 August 14 at 13:53
    I was wrong that Avatar was Peer to Peer.

The world map which matches take place is actually server based, but the matches themselves are peer to peer.

Lets get that straight.

I was wrong about all these games being peer to peer. I was not wrong about peer to peer games being possible to shut down.

As far as I can tell there still was a mistake made, they lumped the games already down with the games going down.
  • Hob Nob GobHob Nob Gob151,227
    Posted on 09 August 14 at 14:18
    GRAW2 seems to be up still, im in a match as we speak
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 August 14 at 15:13
    Best ln Philly said:I was wrong that Avatar was Peer to Peer.

The world map which matches take place is actually server based, but the matches themselves are peer to peer.

Lets get that straight.

I was wrong about all these games being peer to peer. I was not wrong about peer to peer games being possible to shut down.

As far as I can tell there still was a mistake made, they lumped the games already down with the games going down.
    Okay, now where's the part where you, and I quote, "...send everyone on my friend's list a picture of my balls, get permabanned and kill myself."?

In my opinion, I'm most anticipating the third section of your statement. If that actually happens, what will happen to "#BLP's Month of Arcade"?

#BLP #PeerToPeer
    #BLP #PeerToPeer
  • anthonyd46anthonyd461,666,578
    Posted on 09 August 14 at 15:52
    Shaun White is still up as of 1153am set Aug 9.
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk1,140,774
    Posted on 09 August 14 at 15:53
    Splinter Cell is too
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,324,389
    Posted on 09 August 14 at 18:25
    Disappointed Avatar went down. I was considering that for the future, but didn't know the P2P aspects were hidden behind a world map like Endwar's Theater of War (another thing I wish would be brought back).
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 August 14 at 19:26
    Noo, Pure Football :( cry I would like to get 1000G in that game .
  • ZalexzyZalexzy2,416,017
  • King CrepesKing Crepes374,531
    Posted on 09 August 14 at 20:52
    What happened in GRAW2? What feature did they shut down?
    Posted on 09 August 14 at 22:02
    Looks like the death toll is this:

MotionSports

And probably
    Shaun White's upload achievement.

It is unlikely anything else will be going down. They shut down what they could.
  • Posted on 10 August 14 at 00:19
    Best In Philly, you should probably stop commenting on this thread. You were wrong before, don't dig yourself into a bigger hole.
    Posted on 10 August 14 at 01:01, Edited on 10 August 14 at 01:05 by DaOverUnder
    Legal Integrity said:Best In Philly, you should probably stop commenting on this thread. You were wrong before, don't dig yourself into a bigger hole.Wrong about what?

I made the mistake of saying that a server based game was peer to peer.

That wasn't even the argument I was having with people. The argument wasn't that Avatar was, or was not peer to peer. The argument was that peer to peer can't be shut down.

It still can't.

I just made the mistake of thinking avatar was peer to peer.

I fail to see what hole I am digging myself.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.