Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ubisoft Closing Online Servers for Several Games

  • AstariahAstariah1,310,448
    Posted on 11 August 14 at 17:23
    splinter cell conviction cant be shut down its peer to peer lol
  • Posted on 11 August 14 at 17:33
    PuckJunkie said:I notice that the upload achievement for Shaun White Snowboarding (Generation 2.0) was unlocked by a few people on August 9th, so somehow that still works?Probably the same manner of genius who modded all of Avatar's multiplayer achievements in excess of 16 hours after the servers went down.
    Supporter of unpopular opinions.
  • SanadaSanada707,622
    Posted on 12 August 14 at 06:13
    The Turgyptian said:Mobius Evalon said:The Turgyptian said:Thank God GR: FS is still up.Future Soldier? It's only two years old, and wasn't even alluded to being included in this shutdown list by Ubisoft.You're right though, silly of me to think they'd shut down a two-year old game that's still alive and well multiplayer-wise.I've been on there quite a few times lately and have yet to find a random. I wouldn't exactly call it "alive and well". Hoping it doesn't go down regardless as I still need to finish it up myself!
  • Posted on 12 August 14 at 06:54
    iHeartSlampigs said:The Turgyptian said:Mobius Evalon said:The Turgyptian said:Thank God GR: FS is still up.Future Soldier? It's only two years old, and wasn't even alluded to being included in this shutdown list by Ubisoft.You're right though, silly of me to think they'd shut down a two-year old game that's still alive and well multiplayer-wise.I've been on there quite a few times lately and have yet to find a random. I wouldn't exactly call it "alive and well". Hoping it doesn't go down regardless as I still need to finish it up myself!From my experience, randoms only play the conflict mode and ignore the other three. I ran into quite a lot of them when I was braving the public multiplayer for match plays.
    Supporter of unpopular opinions.
  • FroZeNSouLFroZeNSouL504,636
    Posted on 20 August 14 at 11:32
    Bollox.
    Thought had done avatar. Forgot about 150games >~<
  • InktoidInktoid730,104
    Posted on 20 August 14 at 15:09
    Mobius Evalon said:PuckJunkie said:I notice that the upload achievement for Shaun White Snowboarding (Generation 2.0) was unlocked by a few people on August 9th, so somehow that still works?Probably the same manner of genius who modded all of Avatar's multiplayer achievements in excess of 16 hours after the servers went down.Pretty sure I'm one of those people you speak of and it wasn't modded. Just because it said August 8th didn't mean exactly August 8th. Just like with NBA 2k13 the VC achievements could still be earned a few days after the server closure because the features hadn't been fully removed. Try not to put your foot in your mouth.
    Stupidity is infectious.
  • Posted on 20 August 14 at 18:10, Edited on 20 August 14 at 18:41 by Mobius Evalon
    Inktoid said:Mobius Evalon said:PuckJunkie said:I notice that the upload achievement for Shaun White Snowboarding (Generation 2.0) was unlocked by a few people on August 9th, so somehow that still works?Probably the same manner of genius who modded all of Avatar's multiplayer achievements in excess of 16 hours after the servers went down.Pretty sure I'm one of those people you speak of and it wasn't modded. Just because it said August 8th didn't mean exactly August 8th. Just like with NBA 2k13 the VC achievements could still be earned a few days after the server closure because the features hadn't been fully removed. Try not to put your foot in your mouth.The guy I was referring to unlocked achievements well after I could no longer access the multiplayer (in excess of a day), and he's already either been put on GS-only or removed from the site. Try not to be so presumptuous.
    Supporter of unpopular opinions.
  • ColdEagle86ColdEagle86310,428
    Posted on 14 October 14 at 00:24
    So no work arounds? I assume syst link etc still wouldn't solve the issues?
    Hmm just seems odd there cant be an ageing server in a backroom somewhere which couldn't be assigned any of these games for those who would like to give them a bash, so what if that server could only handle 4v4. Just timeslot it so each game gets x hours then it moves down the list then rolls through - yeah it would mean us waiting but it would be worth it.
  • TINATINA61,266
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 22 April 15 at 22:48, Edited on 22 April 15 at 22:48 by
    Why aren't the online achievements in Shaun White Snowboarding flagged as unobtainable? Or can they be done via system link?

    Please help me out here, I wanna know if this game still can be completed
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant874,791
    Posted on 23 April 15 at 05:31
    Nidecker said:Why aren't the online achievements in Shaun White Snowboarding flagged as unobtainable? Or can they be done via system link?

    Please help me out here, I wanna know if this game still can be completed
    The game has never been flagged. Additionally, the achievements may be discontinued, not unobtainable.
    He was trying to buy more sand for his hour glass. I wasn't selling any. - Max Payne
  • itz waz meitz waz me290,227
    Posted on 23 April 15 at 09:54, Edited on 23 April 15 at 09:57 by itz waz me
    Nidecker said:Why aren't the online achievements in Shaun White Snowboarding flagged as unobtainable? Or can they be done via system link?

    Please help me out here, I wanna know if this game still can be completed
    It appears that the achievements are still obtainable for Shaun White Snowboarding
    I quickly checked some of the online achievements and there has been gamers who have unlocked them after the Scheduled server closure.
    Comrade General - #28 in the World in Action sack #1 in the world for sword kills and sword related medals in Action Sack. Halo Reach(HaloTracker.com)
  • matdanmatdan809,148
    Posted on 23 April 15 at 11:29
    Nidecker said:Why aren't the online achievements in Shaun White Snowboarding flagged as unobtainable? Or can they be done via system link?

    Please help me out here, I wanna know if this game still can be completed
    Because it still functions.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 23 April 15 at 17:09
    itz waz me said:Nidecker said:Why aren't the online achievements in Shaun White Snowboarding flagged as unobtainable? Or can they be done via system link?

    Please help me out here, I wanna know if this game still can be completed
    It appears that the achievements are still obtainable for Shaun White Snowboarding
    I quickly checked some of the online achievements and there has been gamers who have unlocked them after the Scheduled server closure.
    Thanks for telling me :) btw, can you please check if it's still possible to upload a video? Achievement is called "Generation 2.0"
  • itz waz meitz waz me290,227
    Posted on 23 April 15 at 17:24, Edited on 23 April 15 at 17:36 by itz waz me
    Nidecker said:itz waz me said:Nidecker said:Why aren't the online achievements in Shaun White Snowboarding flagged as unobtainable? Or can they be done via system link?

    Please help me out here, I wanna know if this game still can be completed
    It appears that the achievements are still obtainable for Shaun White Snowboarding
    I quickly checked some of the online achievements and there has been gamers who have unlocked them after the Scheduled server closure.
    Thanks for telling me :) btw, can you please check if it's still possible to upload a video? Achievement is called "Generation 2.0"
    That achievement seems to be obtainable.
    Comrade General - #28 in the World in Action sack #1 in the world for sword kills and sword related medals in Action Sack. Halo Reach(HaloTracker.com)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.