Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Annoying AI Characters

• Posted on 08 July 14 at 12:08
    As much as I hated the AI for the survivors in Dead Rising. I thought it kind of added in a positive manner to the game.

I imagine in the zombie apocalypse people do just get plain stupid in that type of situation and do not function in the manner we desire.
    This space for rent.
  • beershamusbeershamus221,285
    Posted on 08 July 14 at 13:22
    NawtyCawty said:Clementine from The Walking Dead Season One with that annoying whiny voice would have been my number one by a very very long way.Phew, not just me, then :-S

Too many racing games have annoying AI - too perfect, too immovable etc.
  • DaKarchyDaKarchy183,548
    Posted on 08 July 14 at 16:24
    Followers in Skyrim are the worst! (don't know if they ever patched it)
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,192,402
    Posted on 08 July 14 at 16:48
    DaKarchy said:Followers in Skyrim are the worst! (don't know if they ever patched it)Everything in Skyrim was retarded. I stealth killed people right next to other people and no one saw it. The body fell onto your fucking legs, how can you not see it?
  • el tebyel teby1,065,861
    Posted on 08 July 14 at 17:33
    Left 4 Dead 2 companions. They sometimes go from ridiculously good shots to complete idiots, especially in expert mode.
  • el tebyel teby1,065,861
    Posted on 08 July 14 at 17:37
    I have an idea for a topic. Top 5 videogame creatures you would really not want to meet in real life. Say ur walking alone and you hear that growling of a hunter xo!!
  • AdrenalineFiendAdrenalineFiend1,650,811
    Posted on 08 July 14 at 17:54
    I used to play so much Left 4 Dead that I started thinking I was catching glimpses of Hunters on roofs downtown in my city.
  • Rista BRista B632,116
    Posted on 08 July 14 at 18:21
    Dead Rising has fully earned it's place of (dis)honor. What horrible AI on those survivors and one of the main reasons I hated that game. I'm under a time constraint, I've got zombies everywhere, everything breaks and the survivors can do nothing other than get themselves stuck or killed. And I'm supposed to help these people?

Roy Earle at least was a consistent character not an exercise in game breaking frustration. You weren't supposed to like him.
  • Posted on 08 July 14 at 20:10
    What about Mapee .N from F.E.A.R (The fat guy) No one can beat the number one spot you picked, but he's without a doubt in the top 5 of most annoying AIs.
  • NicholasNicholas393,867
    Posted on 08 July 14 at 21:17
    Wow you picked the wrong person from GTA IV.
    Brucie's brother Mori was the most annoying character in any game I've ever played.
    At least you could mute Roman on the phone. All those Mori missions I hated him with a passion.
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 00:08
    Sheva ruined Resident Evil on the hardest difficulty for me. Especially in the first fight against Wesker.
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 03:16
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:DaKarchy said:Followers in Skyrim are the worst! (don't know if they ever patched it)Everything in Skyrim was retarded. I stealth killed people right next to other people and no one saw it. The body fell onto your fucking legs, how can you not see it?Maybe that guy had narcolepsy and it wasn't that unusual. Geez, you're so fucking insensitive.
    I saw a girl crying while buying tampons. Must be going through a rough period in her life.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 July 14 at 05:58
    FRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK!

Yeah, I totally agree with the number one spot.

Also, honorable mention from previous generations:
    "Hey! Listen!"
    I believe in a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic442,958
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 06:51
    Would Otis count as an AI character? Because I think he might've been on par with the entirety of the other survivors.
  • TwistTwist451,075
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 12:53
    I never thought there would be such a being that could make something as fun as bowling so damn annoying...
    "Hey Guys! Look at my Gu-"
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 July 14 at 15:40
    R* characters. They've done their job.
    Your reality is arbitrary.
  • o0EviIToaster0oo0EviIToaster0o1,278,223
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 20:40
    TA Top 5 ideas:

Top 5 game restaurants, ie Freckle Bitches from Saints Row
    Top 5 game covers, ie FEAR
    Top 5 atmospheres, ie Half Life 2/Orange Box
  • ShokuPanMikeShokuPanMike176,420
    Posted on 14 July 14 at 03:33
    I would like to see a top 5 miss-able game content.
    A couple to start us off in my opinion would be 'the painted world' in Dark Souls and how about that Kifflom! achievement in GTA5? Neither are necessary to complete the game but they both offer a great sense of achievement when accomplished.
    Less work, more play!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 July 14 at 05:05
    o0EviIToaster0o said:Top 5 game restaurants, ie Freckle Bitches from Saints RowCluckin' Bell! COCK-A-DOODLE-DO!
    I believe in a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant741,837
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.