Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

W40k Space Marine Chaos Unleashed DLC Details

AuthorMessage
Dog of Thunder
Posted on 03 November 11 at 12:46
Slaughter hundreds in the name of the Chaos Gods....or just capture the flag...either one

Please click here to read the story: W40k Space Marine Chaos Unleashed DLC Details

External link: http://www.facebook.com/notes/space-marine-thq/chaos-unleash...

Credit goes to Avata for this story
Lord Agrius
Lord Agrius
Posted on 03 November 11 at 12:51
The 2 armies i used to have were Chaos Space Marines, and Orks, I havent picked this game up yet as the demo seemed very repetitive but its a nice amount of dlc coming in this one :)
A Defiant Sith
Posted on 03 November 11 at 13:10
Chaos get Legion of the Damned? Who thought of that? Wrong!

But, awesome news! Hope it doesn't get hideously delayed...
Hirsute Dave
Hirsute Dave
Posted on 03 November 11 at 13:10
Chaos get Legion of the Damned? I know they look a little more "chaosy" but they only show up to help out the loyalists....
Dog of Thunder
Posted on 03 November 11 at 13:15
DeadBlackcell8 said:

That was pretty much my reaction. While they're a bit...off....the Legion is *technically* still a Loyalist Chapter!

On a related note, word on the blogosphere for 40k is that the Legion of the Damned was a template for a new Chaos Army appearing in Chaos Legions next summer....for all we know, Legion of the Damned has actually switched sides according to GW...
wes coasn
wes coasn
Posted on 03 November 11 at 13:26
Is it 4 DLC packs or just 2 for the skins???
Predalien90
Predalien90
Posted on 03 November 11 at 13:34
Thats it I'm selling this game. Exterminatus is NOT FUN and more of it is not welcome. As for new MP stuff I dont care seeing as how I got to level 41 long ago.
Dog of Thunder
Posted on 03 November 11 at 13:47
wes coas crippn said:
Is it 4 DLC packs or just 2 for the skins???
4 Packs, 240 MSP each.
Zacry072
Zacry072
Posted on 03 November 11 at 14:13
I wish I understood all the "chapters" and stuff like that. I guess I'm just more of a plain ol' Warhammer guy.
BrumtownMangler
Posted on 03 November 11 at 14:26
Dog of Thunder said:
DeadBlackcell8 said:

That was pretty much my reaction. While they're a bit...off....the Legion is *technically* still a Loyalist Chapter!

On a related note, word on the blogosphere for 40k is that the Legion of the Damned was a template for a new Chaos Army appearing in Chaos Legions next summer....for all we know, Legion of the Damned has actually switched sides according to GW...
They are Chaos tainted. Even though they appear out of nowhere to help Imperial forces they are still enemies of the inquisition.

"The Legion are afflicted by a warp contagion that destroys their sanity; as it progresses their bodies decay, but they grow in supernatural strength."
D4rthD4nte
D4rthD4nte
Posted on 03 November 11 at 15:51
Nice, should be an interesting role reversal. Im not much into the 40k lore, but I thought it was a fun game.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 03 November 11 at 17:29
sweet shame i traded it in but i shall be picking it up again from bargain bin after xmas as passed, btw i used to have a tabletop legion of the damned chapter about 10yrs ago, needless to say i kicked arse all the time lol i actually sold the complete army to a officer from america at a convention, wish i had kept hold of them though so many memories from my youth :(
blkalleykat
Posted on 03 November 11 at 19:23
4 Skin packs, not bad. I'll check online for skin previews.
SpocKirk
SpocKirk
Posted on 03 November 11 at 19:31
I need to play this game more.
http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=1455465 E.A.S.K.
Patsreds
Patsreds
Posted on 03 November 11 at 22:21
Exterminatus was kind of a disappoint I thought, without the ability to execute enemies there is no way to get health without running and hiding - and what Space Marine would do that?!

Enjoyed the base game and I'm still working on getting all achievements in it, but achievements tied to the Exterminatus mode isn't really welcome news to me..
USMC 90 95
USMC 90 95
Posted on 03 November 11 at 22:39
Great news. Love this game
I HATE BOOSTERS.
Arenazombie
Arenazombie
Posted on 04 November 11 at 04:54
Give me a GOTY-Edition (even though this game isn't Game of the year) and I'm in.
AtomicRoadkill
Posted on 04 November 11 at 10:01
a new map pack for 800 ms points. fair enough. but that 800 points just enables us to use our custom chaos marines that we already have, in a horde mode, that we already have. why couldnt we get the choice of chaos or space marines first time round?!
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 04 November 11 at 20:52, Edited on 04 November 11 at 20:55 by Rhyolitic
Zacry072 said:
I wish I understood all the "chapters" and stuff like that. I guess I'm just more of a plain ol' Warhammer guy.
Quick breakdown of the Chapters.

The Emperor of Man originally made 20 Primarchs (basically to a Space Marine what a Space Marine is to a baseline human). Those 20 Primarchs were cast into the Warp by the Chaos gods and landed on various planets as infants. Two of the 20 are unaccounted for or dead, so that players can create their own Primarchs in the tabletop game.

After the Primarchs disappeared, the Emperor created 18 Legions of Space Marines using the genetic material from the Primarchs. One by one, the Emperor found his sons as the Great Crusade was happening. He placed them each in charge of the Legion bearing that Primarch's geneseed. In essence, each Space Marine is the grandson of the Emperor, given that the Primarchs were created with the Emperor's genetic material and the Marines were created from the Primarchs.

At the time of the Horus Heresy, 9 Legions fell to Chaos (the Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons, Word Bearers, World Eaters, Emperor's Children, Death Guard, Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Sons of Horus/Luna Wolves/Black Legion). It was decreed that all Loyalist Space Marine Legions would be broken up into Chapters of no more than 1000 Marines (there are ways around that limit), so that no one person could wield the might of an entire Legion. Each existent Loyalist Chapter (and there are some Chapters that went Traitor after the Heresy, notably, the Red Corsairs and the Blood Gorgons) is descended from one of those 9 Loyalist Legions.

The problem with making new Chapters is that no one has the capability to create new geneseed. They can grow geneseed (each Marine or slave serf has the capability to host two lumps of seed) to make new Marines, but the stuff being used now is essentially the same from 10,000 years prior.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.