Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Windows Phone 7 Release: February 1st, 2012

• SuyomizzleSuyomizzle216,585
    Posted on 01 February 12 at 15:43
    The first of five

The Must Have Games promotion starts off this week with this popular EA franchise.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (WP) - $4.99 / £3.99

FEEL THE RUSH OF THE ESCAPE AND THE THRILL OF THE TAKEDOWN! Outrun the law as a Racer in supercars like the Pagani Zonda Cinque – or stop racers cold as a Cop in high-speed police interceptors like the Lamborghini Reventon. Enabled for Xbox LIVE®, experience pulse-pounding action as you make the escape or make the bust with Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit on Windows Phone 7.

TEAR UP THE LEADERBOARDS!
    Use your existing Xbox LIVE Gamertag or create a new one via the Windows Phone 7 main menu to track achievements and access leaderboards.

CHASE ACHIEVEMENTS
    Drive up to 20 precision-performance cars in adrenaline-fueled showdowns across 24 day-and-night tracks. Take it to the limit in 48 total Cop and Racer Career Events, collect bounty, and rise to the top of the ranks.

DUEL IT OUT ON THE ROAD
    As a Cop, lay down the law with roadblocks and spike strips – or fry the Racer’s electrical system with an EMP lock. As a Racer, make the getaway with overdrive, jamming, and oil slicks.
  • GesterXGesterX355,446
    Posted on 01 February 12 at 15:44
    As always, will be waiting for the brave few to test if the achievements are working!
  • AceStAyWilDiNAceStAyWilDiN2,072,297
    Posted on 01 February 12 at 15:45
    GesterX said:
    As always, will be waiting for the brave few to test if the achievements are working!
    LMAO, agreed
    Ace Boogie aka Ace Stay Wildin
  • LeviAJonesLeviAJones353,260
    Posted on 01 February 12 at 15:59
    Spoiled by $2 DotW and $3 releases. I'll be passing on this.
    If you get good at making excuses, it's difficult to get good at anything else.
  • Fuzzy Dem0nFuzzy Dem0n694,395
    Posted on 01 February 12 at 16:06
    bought the last few on day one and learned my lesson, ill wait to see about this one
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 February 12 at 16:26
    LeviAJones said:
    Spoiled by $2 DotW and $3 releases. I'll be passing on this.
    qft... no wp7 game should release at this price point.
  • Mad HecticMad Hectic468,641
    Posted on 01 February 12 at 16:37
    ^^^ Exactly.
  • Posted on 01 February 12 at 16:54
    Just bought and played it. By far best graphics on WP. Didn't mind paying 4.99 for a game that looks and plays like a 360 game.
    Gt - extreme472000
  • Nyte Rayne 2Nyte Rayne 21,095,630
    Posted on 01 February 12 at 17:12
    ^^^ let us chickens know if the achievements actually pop
  • Posted on 01 February 12 at 17:33
    I just bought it. The achievements pop, and the game is SWEET! It's actually a lot like the console version of NFS Hot Pursuit. $4.99 is worth it. All of you are willing to pay like 1200 microsoft points for some console games, this is totally worth it. The graphics are great, and there are two separate campaigns, like the console version. I just wish you could switch your stats back and forth.
    Mr. Panda
  • Posted on 01 February 12 at 20:05
    Going to pass until it's less
  • absinthesiaabsinthesia266,872
    Posted on 02 February 12 at 05:20
    /downloads it now.
    As long as the game doesn't crash I am happy.
  • SleepytownSleepytown244,192
    Posted on 02 February 12 at 09:29
    Tried the demo and I'm not impressed at all. There's no feel for speed in the game, and the graphics are far from the best on WP7.
    If games keep being released with a £3.99 pricepoint it will lead to the demise of the WP7 operating system, as the majority of users are here solely for Xbox live!
  • Erathia96Erathia962,896,463
    Posted on 02 February 12 at 12:10
    Btw. Don't know where to put it but there is an update for Bug village, finally :)
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,163,201
    Posted on 02 February 12 at 14:30, Edited on 02 February 12 at 14:31 by Ahayzo
    Erathia96 said:
    Btw. Don't know where to put it but there is an update for Bug village, finally :)
    I haven't seen any update for it, and I'm playing it right now. Does it fix the broken achievement?

Also, under the "Useful Links" tab up top, choose "Suggest News" to submit it for an article

Suggest a News Story
  • kentgremlinkentgremlin243,961 243,961 GamerScore
    Posted on 02 February 12 at 17:01
    whats the broken achievement in bug village. ive downloaded the update but not sure what its for though
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,163,201
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.