Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

November's Games with Gold Revealed

• Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:33
    Well, I guess I have no excuse to finish up RF: Guerrilla now...except for the fact that boosting the MP still has me full of the rage...angry
    Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
  • Fried KarmaFried Karma232,998
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:31
    I have Volgarr on my Steam wish list, so this is good news for me. I guess I can trade in my VP:TiP disc at Gamestop for $0.20.
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82555,494
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:34
    I don't want to whine on free games... but I'll do it a little bit anyway wink

Not too convinced of all these new-gen retro games... I don't get it. I would prefer a launch title of XOne.
    Viva Pinata... I've done the first one, I liked it, but I really don't want to play that kind of game anymore. I guess some are happy.
  • Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:34
    OH MY GOD YEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!! NOW I CAN FIND PEOPLE TO BOOST RED FACTION WITH!!! headspin

Anyway, It's good to see Volition ( Creators of Saints Row) release two game for games with gold already.
  • Watty8883Watty88833,110,326
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:34
    Maybe I'll make a Viva Pinata session for those annoying online achievements.Great 360 games though if you haven't played them.
  • InktoidInktoid741,741
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:36
    Fried Karma said:I have Volgarr on my Steam wish list, so this is good news for me. I guess I can trade in my VP:TiP disc at Gamestop for $0.20.Screw that, amazon sell it for $20 - $30
    Stupidity is infectious.
  • AlumejrAlumejr246,410 246,410 GamerScore
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:40
    ostrich Hammer is Back YAAAAAYY!!!!!

I had fun using it. now i will find people online to use it with again
  • Morpheus414Morpheus414335,722
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:39
    *Sets calendar for Nov. 15th*
  • NateRNMSNNateRNMSN318,590
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:44
    Just a heads up. Red Faction is a great game but it's a GRIND in the MP and campaign sense. It takes a while to 100% it. I just did it all and the completing all Guerrilla actions carries a very high ratio...and for a reason. Great game but a challenge for the truly committed.
  • JamPound32JamPound321,438,327
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:43
    For anyone getting Viva Pinata and has a vision cam and an apple device i would suggest this.
    JamP0und Viva Piñata: Trouble In Paradise Master Card Sharp JamP0und's solution for the Master Card Sharp Achievement in Viva Piñata: Trouble In ParadiseUse 10 different Piñata Cards

There's an app that lets you scan any pinata or object intothe game making the completion extremely easy and quick.
  • Apocalypse KaneApocalypse Kane2,075,778
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:46
    Viva Pinata TIP, is the only one that I missed, what luck!
    Always do your best with honor and courage without compromise.
  • N7MarkissPhxN7MarkissPhx242,344
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:50
    PatchyEoin said:The free games have been a major let down latelyI agree *looking over to other Networks*
  • Brutaka5Brutaka5295,464
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:51
    PatchyEoin said:The free games have been a major let down latelyI know....it sucks.
    Jonathan Jung
  • mcnichojmcnichoj254,648
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:49
    Antr0p0phagus said:I honestly don't understand why there's so many pseudo-retro games now... If I want to play games with this style, I'll use an old console, not the newest gen. It's ridiculous...They're easier to make for smaller/newer devs?
    Maybe those devs were five when they wanted to make the game?
    Maybe do to having higher amounts of memory on these systems these games only look like they're retro but couldn't actually be possible on older systems?
    Um... Shut up and let me get achievements?

Pick one.
  • OlivierL57OlivierL57926,434
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:53
    Not interested but I still haven't started the free games from at least the last 3 months, so it doesn't matter.
  • Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:55
    NateRN3 said:Just a heads up. Red Faction is a great game but it's a GRIND in the MP and campaign sense. It takes a while to 100% it. I just did it all and the completing all Guerrilla actions carries a very high ratio...and for a reason. Great game but a challenge for the truly committed.Yeah. The game easily takes more than 100 hours to compete. And yes, the MP is a horrible, horrible grind. Unless you are VERY commited, don't think you're gonna 100% Red Faction.
  • Posted on 30 October 14 at 19:58
    Well, I guess its official, 3 GwG games is now the new four games cry

Hmmm, old skool side scrolling platformer with no save feature ?? I think I'll stay silver this month and dust off the ol' SNES for a few minutes of Magic Sword, so I can be grateful for how far we have come from that level of frustration...
    Your financial solution
  • BiGPaPaRuBiGPaPaRu109,452
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:01
    can't wait until they start releasing larger budget games on X1 games with gold.
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D2,214,656
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:05, Edited on 30 October 14 at 20:06 by Fire Hawk D
    mcnichoj said:Antr0p0phagus said:I honestly don't understand why there's so many pseudo-retro games now... If I want to play games with this style, I'll use an old console, not the newest gen. It's ridiculous...They're easier to make for smaller/newer devs?
    Maybe those devs were five when they wanted to make the game?
    Maybe do to having higher amounts of memory on these systems these games only look like they're retro but couldn't actually be possible on older systems?
    Um... Shut up and let me get achievements?

Pick one.
    Right? Why do people act like just because they don't like or "get" something, it shouldn't be. Clearly there's a market. Just take your free game.

Anyway, 100%'d the two Xbox 360 games a while ago. Both great. Don't let an admittedly grindy-yet-easy multiplayer put you off of Red Faction. It's fun, too. There'll even be an online community for at least a little while. Go play legit.

As for Volgarr...I'll "buy" it, but not sure I'm gonna play it. I don't like older-style games and especially not really difficult ones. That achievement list, too. Yikes.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:08, Edited on 30 October 14 at 20:08 by
    I'll pass on these. Played the trial for that specific Red Faction game and played some Viva Piñata at some point. Both were pretty meh.

Oh well, have fun with these!
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads