Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

November's Games with Gold Revealed

• misfit119misfit1191,175,371
    Posted on 01 November 14 at 05:25
    Tried this out a bit and to remind myself of what it was trying to be a throwback to, I decided to turn on Legendary Axe 1 and 2. I immediately regretted even trying Volgarr since those old retro games are so damn good and this was such a cheap imitation. I'll play it eventually but I'm not impressed. Pretty happy with the other free games, even if I own RF:G already. Might be able to boost it now with two copies.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator289,465
    Posted on 01 November 14 at 06:51
    ah well after years of putting it off I shall finally get Red Faction Guerilla loll
  • MaesenkoMaesenko339,193
    Posted on 01 November 14 at 06:58
    Regardless of whether or not I decide to play them, I will at least be downloading these games (and probably deleting them from my drive) solely for the purpose of having them in my history. That way, should I decide to go at them at some point, they will be waiting, still "free".

That said, I've eyed VP in the past simply for ach's, and RF because I have friends who have recommended it, mainly for plot. Both of these have been on my possible play log for some time now, and now I can have the chance to play them without spending a cent. So, that works out well for me.
    "You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
  • Posted on 01 November 14 at 07:19
    Pass
    Don't open your eyes you won't like what you see! The blind have been blessed with security!
  • Posted on 01 November 14 at 09:04
    I'l be picking up both 360 titles. Like many I'll delete them and just re download when I want to play (I have the old 360 with a 60gb hard drive which fills up far too quick). I do like the service - I've got around 20 games from it since it started, so not going to complain when there's games I don't like/want/already have ?
  • MrWalsMrWals46,540
    Posted on 01 November 14 at 09:17
    I highly recommend Red Faction who any that hasn't played it, it's a great game with awesome destruction, don't get Armageddon tough that was awful
  • CoMaestroCoMaestro152,041
    Posted on 01 November 14 at 12:35
    MrWals said:I highly recommend Red Faction who any that hasn't played it, it's a great game with awesome destruction, don't get Armageddon tough that was awful+1 Red Faction: Guerilla might be my favorite game of all time. Viva Pinata was also a lot of fun, so I am not complaining at all.
  • Posted on 01 November 14 at 12:43
    I really don't understand why everyone cries over free games . . . If you don't like then get off your asses and spend some money.
  • Posted on 01 November 14 at 14:03
    Maesenko said:Regardless of whether or not I decide to play them, I will at least be downloading these games (and probably deleting them from my drive) solely for the purpose of having them in my history. That way, should I decide to go at them at some point, they will be waiting, still "free".
    You don't actually have to fully download them to get the licenses, just start the download and cancel it.
  • CONKER1182CONKER1182582,549
    Posted on 01 November 14 at 14:14
    Can I switch my region to any region for Powerstar golf and my gold membership will let me get that with my GWG? I'm from the USA.
  • KillrNutKillrNut168,382
    Posted on 01 November 14 at 15:50, Edited on 02 November 14 at 12:59 by Beanpotter
    Lovely spoiled ass kids. MS giving people free stuff and everyone just bitching like a bunch of lovely babies.

MOD EDIT: Language.
  • Posted on 01 November 14 at 16:56, Edited on 02 November 14 at 13:00 by Beanpotter
    KillrNut said:Lovely spoiled ass kids. MS giving people free stuff and everyone just bitching like a bunch of lovely babies.Amen, we need to put these whining jabronies in camel clutches and make them humble.
    Wii U> Indie Station 4
  • Kooky Cow 32Kooky Cow 32613,832
    Posted on 01 November 14 at 18:45
    Have any Australians successfully downloaded Powerstar Golf? My Xbox says I can only download Chariot. And if I go to Powerstar Golf in the Store, it says it is still like $26.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 November 14 at 18:59
    [Disappointment intensifies]
  • matdanmatdan862,972
    Posted on 02 November 14 at 02:41
    Kooky Cow 32 said:Have any Australians successfully downloaded Powerstar Golf? My Xbox says I can only download Chariot. And if I go to Powerstar Golf in the Store, it says it is still like $26.Seems to be not active yet. Weird.
  • MetalCPRMetalCPR1,022,954
    Posted on 02 November 14 at 03:23
    Kooky Cow 32 said:Have any Australians successfully downloaded Powerstar Golf? My Xbox says I can only download Chariot. And if I go to Powerstar Golf in the Store, it says it is still like $26.I was wondering the same thing. The Xbox website seems to have finally updated to offer it as a Games with Gold deal - but then tries to charge you $27 for it if you click download.

I guess try tomorrow?
  • PhillipWendellPhillipWendell1,013,864
    Posted on 02 November 14 at 03:38
    Antr0p0phagus said:I honestly don't understand why there's so many pseudo-retro games now... If I want to play games with this style, I'll use an old console, not the newest gen. It's ridiculous...Also find it odd. Not a good way to showcase what the new hardware can do...
  • Hanrec2Hanrec21,005,018
    Posted on 02 November 14 at 09:43
    matdan12 said:Kooky Cow 32 said:Have any Australians successfully downloaded Powerstar Golf? My Xbox says I can only download Chariot. And if I go to Powerstar Golf in the Store, it says it is still like $26.Seems to be not active yet. Weird.Switch to New Zealand, it's free there.
  • Posted on 02 November 14 at 22:40
    the viking game is shit
    i rule
  • PointySpredPointySpred372,034
    Posted on 03 November 14 at 01:32
    So far I have been supportive of gwg. But now its looking like an easy cop out for MS. Id@xbox is now the gwg. At first I thought they would mix it up, I realize we can't get a free retail game every month, even though ps gets several at a time. But I really don't care for the indie crap and now that's all gwg for x1 is. that's not why I pay for xbl but this is disappointing.
    The difference between me and you? You don't think there's a difference between me and you.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads