Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

November's Games with Gold Revealed

• Posted on 03 November 14 at 01:59Permalink
    PointySpred said:So far I have been supportive of gwg. But now its looking like an easy cop out for MS. Id@xbox is now the gwg. At first I thought they would mix it up, I realize we can't get a free retail game every month, even though ps gets several at a time. But I really don't care for the indie crap and now that's all gwg for x1 is. that's not why I pay for xbl but this is disappointing.To be fair, PS+ is also only giving away indie games as well on the PS4, with the "retail" games coming on the much more mature platforms of PS3 and Vita (similar to the 360's selection). Neither Microsoft nor Sony are willing to give away bigger titles when bigger titles are in smaller supply, thus increasing the likelihood people with the console or new buyers of the consoles will buy those titles. It won't be til next year sometime that the PS4 or One start getting bigger, non-indie titles as part of their subscriptions.
  • misfit119misfit119914,610
    Posted on 03 November 14 at 02:56Permalink
    I just wish we were getting like... arcade games or something, not these crappy id@xbox titles. There are some good ones out there sure but the ones we've been getting are such bottom scrapings it's kind of depressing. And I like some of the ones we've gotten, like Chariot.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • matdanmatdan709,419
    Posted on 03 November 14 at 03:05Permalink
    Hanrec2 said:matdan12 said:Kooky Cow 32 said:Have any Australians successfully downloaded Powerstar Golf? My Xbox says I can only download Chariot. And if I go to Powerstar Golf in the Store, it says it is still like $26.Seems to be not active yet. Weird.Switch to New Zealand, it's free there.Can't really do that on the xbox website. I hope they fix it soon.
  • pg88pg8866,248
    Posted on 03 November 14 at 04:04Permalink
    lol there were rumors about GTA IV and resident evil relevations being the free games, and this rubbish is what came out instead ? I have already a 3 month gold subscription but I'm not gonna get any of this crap
  • Posted on 03 November 14 at 05:24Permalink
    There's always the old saying..... Don't look a gift horse in the mouth". I'd love to know if other people, especially non-English speaking natives know what it means. laugh
  • NMANOZNMANOZ652,765
    Posted on 03 November 14 at 05:29Permalink
    Kooky Cow 32 said:Have any Australians successfully downloaded Powerstar Golf? My Xbox says I can only download Chariot. And if I go to Powerstar Golf in the Store, it says it is still like $26.Still not working.
  • Posted on 03 November 14 at 06:32Permalink
    4 games free nice!
  • rekikirerekikire1,223,356
    Posted on 03 November 14 at 06:39, Edited on 03 November 14 at 06:40 by rekikirePermalink
    Stolen 48 Hour said:yes and i think i we deserve itYou deserve nothing.
  • EvandalistEvandalist362,621
    Posted on 03 November 14 at 06:41, Edited on 03 November 14 at 06:42 by EvandalistPermalink
    This post is contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
    You fail me.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 November 14 at 07:03, Edited on 03 November 14 at 07:03 by Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:PointySpred said:So far I have been supportive of gwg. But now its looking like an easy cop out for MS. Id@xbox is now the gwg. At first I thought they would mix it up, I realize we can't get a free retail game every month, even though ps gets several at a time. But I really don't care for the indie crap and now that's all gwg for x1 is. that's not why I pay for xbl but this is disappointing.To be fair, PS+ is also only giving away indie games as well on the PS4, with the "retail" games coming on the much more mature platforms of PS3 and Vita (similar to the 360's selection). Neither Microsoft nor Sony are willing to give away bigger titles when bigger titles are in smaller supply, thus increasing the likelihood people with the console or new buyers of the consoles will buy those titles. It won't be til next year sometime that the PS4 or One start getting bigger, non-indie titles as part of their subscriptions.Personally I was hoping AC Black Flag would be free since a bunch of AC games have been free for PS+. Alas... Though I can't speak for the X1 (since I don't own an X1) but at least the PS4 indie games are a lot of fun.
    There's no accounting for taste, it'd be best if everyone just respected that.
  • PeriodicRxPeriodicRx184,826
    Posted on 03 November 14 at 09:06Permalink
    Come on MS! Stop giving out all these free indie games! If Sunset Overdrive isn't free next month like mymomsbasementblogger.net said it will be I'm switching to Playstation!
  • NMANOZNMANOZ652,765
    Posted on 03 November 14 at 09:59Permalink
    Shadow 00 Fox said:There's always the old saying..... Don't look a gift horse in the mouth". I'd love to know if other people, especially non-English speaking natives know what it means. laughMr Ed.
  • NMANOZNMANOZ652,765
    Posted on 03 November 14 at 09:59, Edited on 03 November 14 at 10:00 by NMANOZPermalink
    PeriodicRx said:Come on MS! Stop giving out all these free indie games! If Sunset Overdrive isn't free next month like mymomsbasementblogger.net said it will be I'm switching to Playstation!Then I have to say goodbye because that is insanity.
  • Jay InsomniakJay Insomniak1,174,326
    Posted on 03 November 14 at 13:59Permalink
    NMANOZ said:PeriodicRx said:Come on MS! Stop giving out all these free indie games! If Sunset Overdrive isn't free next month like mymomsbasementblogger.net said it will be I'm switching to Playstation!Then I have to say goodbye because that is insanity.I believe your sarcasm detector is broken...
  • sanityendssanityends337,889
    Posted on 03 November 14 at 18:20Permalink
    Why don't they have 2 sets one GWG? one for the cheap leeches getting gold that month and one for those of us that support is everlasting (11 years for me)
  • Posted on 03 November 14 at 22:25Permalink
    Ahhh darn! I just bought Red Faction; Guerrilla like 2 weeks ago lol....
    A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead516,449
    Posted on 04 November 14 at 02:26, Edited on 04 November 14 at 03:29 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    NMANOZ said:Kooky Cow 32 said:Have any Australians successfully downloaded Powerstar Golf? My Xbox says I can only download Chariot. And if I go to Powerstar Golf in the Store, it says it is still like $26.Still not working.For some reason the sale hasn't gone live in Australia, despite Powerstar Golf being listed as a GwG - http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/Live/games-with-gold/home

As mentioned already, changing your Xbox One region to New Zealand and then rebooting will allow you to download it, but you still have the rest of the month for Microsoft to get it right for Australia.

And yes, Chariot is available for another month for anyone that missed it.
  • Posted on 04 November 14 at 02:55Permalink
    So I went contacted support through the online chat system on xbox.com about the fact that the sale isn't live in Australia despite being advertised on the GwG page. The support person had a look and confirmed that it definitely should be free (like we already knew). They got around the issue by giving me an instant refund on purchasing it, so hopefully it'll get passed on and they fix the issue for anyone else who wants to use the web store to purchase it like myself.
  • matdanmatdan709,419
    Posted on 04 November 14 at 03:17Permalink
    Heroic Blanket said:So I went contacted support through the online chat system on xbox.com about the fact that the sale isn't live in Australia despite being advertised on the GwG page. The support person had a look and confirmed that it definitely should be free (like we already knew). They got around the issue by giving me an instant refund on purchasing it, so hopefully it'll get passed on and they fix the issue for anyone else who wants to use the web store to purchase it like myself.I would still prefer if they put it free instead of having to hassle them like it seems we have to do for just about everything these days.
  • Posted on 04 November 14 at 06:25Permalink
    matdan12 said:Heroic Blanket said:So I went contacted support through the online chat system on xbox.com about the fact that the sale isn't live in Australia despite being advertised on the GwG page. The support person had a look and confirmed that it definitely should be free (like we already knew). They got around the issue by giving me an instant refund on purchasing it, so hopefully it'll get passed on and they fix the issue for anyone else who wants to use the web store to purchase it like myself.I would still prefer if they put it free instead of having to hassle them like it seems we have to do for just about everything these days.Agreed!..
    Sooo Keen!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.