Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

November's Games with Gold Revealed

• SeoulcrusherSeoulcrusher851,308
    Posted on 04 November 14 at 06:49Permalink
    WebMan99 said:Warning: Viva Piñata Trouble in Paradise is a fun game but it REQUIRES a vision camera to 100% the game.I'm actually happy to get some use out of my vision camera! Gotta figure out where I put it!

Oh - nevermind. Got an error trying to download it. Guess there are region locks. Well, it was my decision to move outside of the USA, so I guess I don't deserve to get these free games. Serves me right for trying to experience a different part of the world.
  • matdanmatdan701,014
    Posted on 04 November 14 at 08:54Permalink
    Seoulcrusher said:WebMan99 said:Warning: Viva Piñata Trouble in Paradise is a fun game but it REQUIRES a vision camera to 100% the game.I'm actually happy to get some use out of my vision camera! Gotta figure out where I put it!

Oh - nevermind. Got an error trying to download it. Guess there are region locks. Well, it was my decision to move outside of the USA, so I guess I don't deserve to get these free games. Serves me right for trying to experience a different part of the world.
    Yeah compared to Steam, the Xbox marketplace is severely limiting to anyone outside the USA.
  • NMANOZNMANOZ645,326
    Posted on 04 November 14 at 09:58Permalink
    That is why the PS4 is crushing it outside of the US. Time for them to start treating everyone equally.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle815,634
    Posted on 04 November 14 at 14:31Permalink
    It's funny how many people discount ID@Xbox titles so fast. A lot of them are as good if not better than XBLA titles... Völgarr the Viking included.
  • Posted on 04 November 14 at 22:50Permalink
    NMANOZ said:That is why the PS4 is crushing it outside of the US. Time for them to start treating everyone equally.That isn't actually why, both consoles will have rules they have to follow since different countries has different laws. The game not being in some countries would likely have been the same case had this been a ps plus release.

Speaking of being treated equal, I had to create an american playstation account on my ps4 so that I could use some playstation currency I was given because it wouldn't allow it on my Canadian account. You would think that being a region free console, that I wouldn't have to do that anymore.
  • misfit119misfit119910,378
    Posted on 05 November 14 at 05:05Permalink
    Shinnizle said:It's funny how many people discount ID@Xbox titles so fast. A lot of them are as good if not better than XBLA titles... Völgarr the Viking included.I think many people who discount them, do so after playing them and thinking they're crappy. Volgarr the Viking included.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Posted on 05 November 14 at 10:47, Edited on 05 November 14 at 10:49 by Evenger OstroPermalink
    Shadow 00 Fox said:There's always the old saying..... Don't look a gift horse in the mouth". I'd love to know if other people, especially non-English speaking natives know what it means. laughGermans do know.
    https://dict.leo.org/#/search=gift%20horse&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on
    It's pretty much the same meaning. Which is rare for sayings.
    It's very European and probably in a lot of languages, thanks to Latin
    "Noli equi dentes inspicere donati"
    Nintendo fanboy who loves Sega and plays XBox, seriously
  • SKOOT2006SKOOT2006534,765
    Posted on 05 November 14 at 12:37Permalink
    misfit119 said:Shinnizle said:It's funny how many people discount ID@Xbox titles so fast. A lot of them are as good if not better than XBLA titles... Völgarr the Viking included.I think many people who discount them, do so after playing them and thinking they're crappy. Volgarr the Viking included.This. Exactly this.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle815,634
    Posted on 05 November 14 at 18:13Permalink
    misfit119 said:I think many people who discount them, do so after playing them and thinking they're crappy. Volgarr the Viking included.Some do. Many? I'm unfortunately not convinced.

Anyhow, maybe I'm biased because I often enjoy Indie titles, but I loved Volgarr the Viking (even though I suck at it), and the same can be said with many ID@Xbox titles that I played/watched that are getting a release on the One (Goat Simulator, Dungeon of the Endless, Plague Inc: Evolved, Q.U.B.E., SpeedRunners, Outlast, etc).

Sure they don't necessarily harness the power of the One, but they are loads of fun nonetheless.
    Posted on 05 November 14 at 20:36, Edited on 05 November 14 at 20:37 by misfit119Permalink
    Shinnizle said:misfit119 said:I think many people who discount them, do so after playing them and thinking they're crappy. Volgarr the Viking included.Some do. Many? I'm unfortunately not convinced.That's just missing my point since "some" by definition is a word that means nothing. What I meant was that "Many people who discount them do so after playing them" so the large majority who discount them do so after playing the games and not liking them, not just arbitrarily dismissing them because they're indie titles. NOT that nobody likes the game.

Shinnizle said:Anyhow, maybe I'm biased because I often enjoy Indie titles, but I loved Volgarr the Viking (even though I suck at it), and the same can be said with many ID@Xbox titles that I played/watched that are getting a release on the One (Goat Simulator, Dungeon of the Endless, Plague Inc: Evolved, Q.U.B.E., SpeedRunners, Outlast, etc).

Sure they don't necessarily harness the power of the One, but they are loads of fun nonetheless.
    I LOVE indie games. But I love good indie games. Unfortunately a lot of the recent indie releases have been kind of crappy in my eyes so its a matter of taste. And retro games are always, ALWAYS going to be a sore spot of argument since they're so divisive. I like retro games but I personally hate ones that embody all the negative game design choices of those times, like a random encounter every two steps in an RPG or respawning enemies in an action game.
  • Temple JonesTemple Jones142,395
    Posted on 09 November 14 at 17:34Permalink
    Antr0p0phagus said:I honestly don't understand why there's so many pseudo-retro games now... If I want to play games with this style, I'll use an old console, not the newest gen. It's ridiculous...What antros said.
    Edward Temple Jones
  • V1p3rs biteV1p3rs bite333,097
    Posted on 19 November 14 at 04:09Permalink
    Temple Jones said:Antr0p0phagus said:I honestly don't understand why there's so many pseudo-retro games now... If I want to play games with this style, I'll use an old console, not the newest gen. It's ridiculous...What antros said.I agree with you in the terms of the retro games not needing a new, powerful system. BUT, from the developers' perspectives, they are releasing the games on a popular console with immediate access to customers. With the Xbox developer/game parity, ID@xbox games are treated just as AAA titles on the console. When you visit the new release section, they're all together.
    So yeah, if I had a good game idea and it was a bit retro, you bet your ass I'm throwing it on the One first and then porting it to the 360 second. I would wager a bet that ID@xbox games on the X1 are seen probably 10 times more than any Indie game on the 360.
    Referral for Bing Rewards (Free xbox money!) https://www.bing.com/explore/rewards?PUBL=REFERAFRIEND&CREA=RAW&rrid=_85969cae-bff5-39ed-d9a7-a39ae26fee
    Posted on 19 November 14 at 11:59Permalink
    While your point is valid I think they were more referring to using stuff like the SNES, Genesis and the like. For example, I dusted off the Turbografx-16 to play some Legendary Axe after trying Volgarr. I also bought Pier Solar and the Great Architects for the Genesis instead of the modern consoles since that's where games like that belong.
  • Posted on 19 November 14 at 17:52Permalink
    V1p3rs bite said:Temple Jones said:Antr0p0phagus said:I honestly don't understand why there's so many pseudo-retro games now... If I want to play games with this style, I'll use an old console, not the newest gen. It's ridiculous...What antros said.I agree with you in the terms of the retro games not needing a new, powerful system. BUT, from the developers' perspectives, they are releasing the games on a popular console with immediate access to customers. With the Xbox developer/game parity, ID@xbox games are treated just as AAA titles on the console. When you visit the new release section, they're all together.
    So yeah, if I had a good game idea and it was a bit retro, you bet your ass I'm throwing it on the One first and then porting it to the 360 second. I would wager a bet that ID@xbox games on the X1 are seen probably 10 times more than any Indie game on the 360.
    Add to this point that the xbox one doesn't have same requirements and cost to get onto the system. On the 360, as far as I understand, you need a publisher to back you, where you do not for xb1.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.