Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

November's Games with Gold Revealed

• TRU x JEDITRU x JEDI863,461
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:10Permalink
    Smasher39 said:Do we really only get one Xbox One free game again? Please don't tell me we'll have Crimson Dragon for free for the 4th month in a row!Are you really gonna cry about 1 free X1 game when Microsoft stated they would only do 1 free X1 game a month? Getting 2 free games for X1 was a temporary thing so stop whining about free shit. warning
    "It's Not Who You Are Beneath, It's What You Do That Defines You."
  • Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:12Permalink
    I'm interested in how that Viking game looks.
  • PiCkLE SQU1DPiCkLE SQU1D877,007
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:12Permalink
    Stop bitching about free games.
  • CoMaestroCoMaestro91,157
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:19Permalink
    N0ooooooooooo0B said:CAn you make another free account from the listed countries to get the power star golf ?If that would be possible you could probably do it even easier and just set your country to one of those listed, and it will pop up for free.
  • Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:19Permalink
    Fun times!!!

Both the GwG games on the Xbox 360 have a viral(ish) achievement and both games are included in Viral Month 2014. Throughout the month of November we will be creating multiple sessions for

Viva Piñata: Trouble In ParadiseFamous PiñataThe Famous Piñata achievement in Viva Piñata: Trouble In Paradise worth 53 pointsObtain a special Piñata from the website (or trade one with someone who has)
    and
    Red Faction: GuerrillaRed Faction MemberThe Red Faction Member achievement in Red Faction: Guerrilla worth 130 pointsPlay online with another player who has completed the Campaign.
    A note on the later...you do need to complete the campaign in order to earn the Red Faction: Guerrilla viral. If you're looking for assistance during the month of November make sure you pick up the game and play through the campaign asap as you'll only have 15 days once GwG is LIVE.
  • Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:21Permalink
    If I change the region of my Xbox, can I get Powerstar Golf instead?
  • Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:20Permalink
    Rather have Powerstar Golf than having that Viking game. Don't think I'll download anything this month.
  • LLboxedLLboxed206,221
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:23Permalink
    This is my first month of nothing.... yay! ..... no wait. angry
  • Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:26, Edited on 30 October 14 at 20:26 by Mannschaft570Permalink
    Sn1p3r x LT x said:If I change the region of my Xbox, can I get Powerstar Golf instead?I don't know for this one but some games are IP locked even if you change your region, so unless someone already tried it it is unsure if it would work or not.
  • HmizzzHmizzz350,632
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:27Permalink
    Sucks that you need a live cam to complete Viva Pinata ... Well, I'll try it anyway
    Work hard, play hard
  • pg88pg8866,198
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:31Permalink
    Crap
  • Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:32Permalink
    WebMan99 said:Warning: Viva Piñata Trouble in Paradise is a fun game but it REQUIRES a vision camera to 100% the game.Would a Kinect work?
  • blackboxroryblackboxrory1,309,405
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:38Permalink
    Chaos Suikoden said:WebMan99 said:Warning: Viva Piñata Trouble in Paradise is a fun game but it REQUIRES a vision camera to 100% the game.Would a Kinect work?Nope, Vision Cam and Kinect are not interchangeable unfortunately. Would be much easier to scan with Kinect's higher resolution camera.
  • TveilorTveilor224,742
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:47Permalink
    Skipping this, already have red faction on steam and viva pinata isn't enough to make me buy gold. Besides this month is crazy with new games anyway.
    Feel free to add me as a friend here on TA
  • Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:48Permalink
    blackboxrory said:Chaos Suikoden said:WebMan99 said:Warning: Viva Piñata Trouble in Paradise is a fun game but it REQUIRES a vision camera to 100% the game.Would a Kinect work?Nope, Vision Cam and Kinect are not interchangeable unfortunately. Would be much easier to scan with Kinect's higher resolution camera.Well fuck me then. How much are one of those?
  • T1TANMONKEYT1TANMONKEY1,075,056
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:48Permalink
    I'll have to dust off my vision cam,haven't used it since Fight Night 4 and Burnout Paradise.
  • Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:48Permalink
    Is there anything known, why the viking is not coming to the respective countries? I can't see a connection to problems with the rating boards (I mean sure, Germany can be quite strict when it comes to violence in video games but a game in such a retro look??). I wonder if it has something to do with publishing rights...
  • Mr GranstaffMr Granstaff1,532,414
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:55Permalink
    No complaints from me! I don't own any of the games currently, I do have a vision camera already, the DLC for one of the games is properly priced and I have plenty of HD space.

Only thing I'm lacking at the moment is a X1, which I should be getting soon.

Well, that and time. Waaay too busy at the moment to start anything else.
    Rollus Tidus
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:57Permalink
    If I hadn't completed Guerilla a loooooooooong time ago I'd be very very excited, it was an utterly quality game, GTA on Mars with the best destruction physics engine ever made! Shame the MP died 'cos that was awesome too.

Sigh . . I've still yet to DL a free GwG (save for Deadlight which I regret deeply).
    Excuse me while I whip this out
  • Posted on 30 October 14 at 20:59Permalink
    Finally, Viva Pinata has arrived on Games With Gold and now all will feel the true joy of it's multicolored land of wonder, and pinatas, obviously. A game so vastly underrated for so long, finally it is its chance to find the proper love it deserves.

And then the scorn when you realize you need a vision cam for the 100%. Was my hard work not enough for you? Why do you forsake me 1000G?

Still a great game though. And I can pick up some Red Faction too, doesn't seem half bad. Another good month for 360 GWG.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.