Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

November's Games with Gold Revealed

• WodverWizardWodverWizard620,623
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 22:36Permalink
    Völgarr is so God damn hard, the ratio for that 'Die less than 10 times' achievement will be through the roof. This is NES 'Ghosts 'n Goblins' levels of difficulty we're talking about.
  • BLASPHEMER97BLASPHEMER97125,635
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 22:39Permalink
    Eh, kind of a let down this month. Maybe I'll pick up Viva Piñata but that's about it.
  • Flopsy86Flopsy86470,860
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 22:42Permalink
    Forget the vision cam achievements, this achievement can be quite a bad one. Hardly any sessions go up for this achievement either.

Viva Piñata: Trouble In ParadiseFamous PiñataThe Famous Piñata achievement in Viva Piñata: Trouble In Paradise worth 53 pointsObtain a special Piñata from the website (or trade one with someone who has)

I did recommend this for Viral month but it's technically not viral because the player has to still have the famous pinata and put it in your garden.
    Making Easters happy since 1986.
  • MetaGameMetaGame379,222
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 22:47Permalink
    oh god, I remember the RFG grind back in the dark days of the THQ bankruptcy, when everyone was scrambling because nobody was sure what games would have their MP survive. The 100,000 Points one was mind-numbing, Mad Genius was a colossal pain in the ass, and 250 RANKED wins... my brain has blocked it out. Good freakin' luck for anyone that wants to get the MP on this one.
  • CoMaestroCoMaestro91,153
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 22:46Permalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:CoMaestro said:N0ooooooooooo0B said:CAn you make another free account from the listed countries to get the power star golf ?If that would be possible you could probably do it even easier and just set your country to one of those listed, and it will pop up for free.I'm not sure how a free account is going to help you get a Games with Gold title.

On Xbox One buying from a different market is a lot easier. This is because games are not region locked like on 360. For example I pre-ordered Destiny on Xbox One through online purchased gift card in dollars, but when I found out about the digital upgrade offer on 360 I wanted to buy that instead. After I cancelled my pre order the $60 was added to my account. Then when I wanted to buy the 360 version I HAD to pay in € because the 360 IS region-locked.

Also I have Super-Time-Force which was free a short time ago, and a friend of mine who's x1 is on The Netherlands (the country in which I live) couldn't download it because he had it on NL instead of the USA,
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty529,534
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 22:48Permalink
    I pity the poor sods who get Powerstar Golf for free. Truly terrible.
  • HitchedFleaHitchedFlea382,397
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 22:58Permalink
    Xtowers said:I'd rather have Powerstar Golf from the looks of the Viking Game. Another rage-inducing platformer.I second that
  • Dakrkplayer2Dakrkplayer2834,340
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 23:03Permalink
    I getting only XB1 offer and RFG.
    .XBOX 4 LIFE. https://www.change.org/petitions/to-tell-microsoft-to-make-self-published-live-able-games-on-windows-phone-and-windows-8-and-tell-deve
  • xxx ALxxx AL1,096,880
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 23:21Permalink
    Red Faction Armageddon!
    A truely great game!

So good, I don't even regret having paid for it.

Love that unicorn!!!!
  • Posted on 30 October 14 at 23:23Permalink
    All I'm saying is, can the Kinect really not serve as a vision camera proxy? lol I mean what the hell does that camera do that the kinect can't?

All in all I'm happy with these free games on the 360 and hesitant but hopeful about the X1 game.
  • Posted on 30 October 14 at 23:24Permalink
    Yurgh. I hated Guerilla. Enjoy grinding the dead multiplayer. You would think the 360 games could be *a little* more current. facepalm
    "My dreams, they aren't as empty. As my conscience seems to be." - The Who
  • deutschZuiddeutschZuid321,577
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 23:33Permalink
    Thank goodness NZ gets Powergolf. :)
  • OwlHatDodgeOwlHatDodge289,639
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 23:45Permalink
    I never 100%d VP so glad to be able to get it again and finish it off...if i still have my save file.
  • crowbo 360crowbo 360603,064
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 23:45Permalink
    WebMan99 said:Warning: Viva Piñata Trouble in Paradise is a fun game but it REQUIRES a vision camera to 100% the game.Bow, where did I leave my vision camera again...... facepalm
  • CRO5573YCRO5573Y454,453
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 00:08Permalink
    What the hell is all this shit? Where are all the good games. Microsoft are too cheap and skinny to put a decent game up. I would be happy with a NFS or Valve game or even a game like Rage or Brink but no, we get this crap. Games with gold are pathetic at the moment. I haven't downloaded one since Charlie Murder and Dishonored. They were good.
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,190,302
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 00:30Permalink
    Flopsy86 said:
    Forget the vision cam achievements, this achievement can be quite a bad one. Hardly any sessions go up for this achievement either.

Viva Piñata: Trouble In ParadiseFamous PiñataThe Famous Piñata achievement in Viva Piñata: Trouble In Paradise worth 53 pointsObtain a special Piñata from the website (or trade one with someone who has)

I did recommend this for Viral month but it's technically not viral because the player has to still have the famous pinata and put it in your garden.
    Actually Flopsy people on the solution for it still offer help, also they don't need to put it in your garden they just have to unbox it in theirs with you in the game and it will still unlock the achievement. That's how I did it mate.
  • Nekro NekoNekro Neko385,803
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 00:49Permalink
    Really quite pleased to see VP:TiP get a showing on GwG. Makes a real change from all the mindless shooting, that is for sure. Of course, then we can get back to mindless shooting again the in the following game with Red Faction. Still, I'll give that a blast too.
    www.cyberscore.me.uk
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny983,720
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 01:17Permalink
    CRO5573Y said:What the hell is all this shit? Where are all the good games. Microsoft are too cheap and skinny to put a decent game up. I would be happy with a NFS or Valve game or even a game like Rage or Brink but no, we get this crap. Games with gold are pathetic at the moment. I haven't downloaded one since Charlie Murder and Dishonored. They were good.Darksiders 2 was a pretty recent quality title...and I don't know many who thought BFBC2 want great.
    Look at me so I can finish!
  • LockieLockie329,896
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 01:29Permalink
    I never got to play Red Faction's multiplayer because it has been dead for years, so I'm looking forward to a boost in its population.
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 01:33Permalink
    CRO5573Y said:What the hell is all this shit? Where are all the good games. Microsoft are too cheap and skinny to put a decent game up. I would be happy with a NFS or Valve game or even a game like Rage or Brink but no, we get this crap. Games with gold are pathetic at the moment. I haven't downloaded one since Charlie Murder and Dishonored. They were good.What's that I hear? Oh, that's right, deal with it. It's free stuff.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.