Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

November's Games with Gold Revealed

• Th3 TaterTh3 Tater198,058
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 01:58Permalink
    Viva Piñata looks like the only thing that could possibly give Beautiful Katamari a run for the weird in my collection. Excited for a piñata title. RFG...dunno, played the demo was not impressed or especially disappointed, but I feel RFG is going on my DL list to be played some time later.
    Tater
  • EvandalistEvandalist362,333
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 02:23Permalink
    Happy to see something different being showcased (Viva Pinata), but disappointed with yet another generic shooter. It's no wonder 360 gamers are so often stereotyped as angry little shitheads and/or lame-ass COD kids so often - Everybody eats these dull shooters up like fucking hotcakes.

"...But dem explosions and destructible environments doe!"

roll
    You fail me.
  • CHIGGUMSCHIGGUMS157,448
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 02:30Permalink
    Aww yeah, RFG! If you guys like sandbox games and/or blowin' stuff up, then you're in for a treat. Guerrilla was one of my all time favorite games from the 360 generation. Played past the 100% campaign mark, played the 250 wins legit, and had a ton of fun doing it. Highly recommended!
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 02:30Permalink
    Antr0p0phagus said:I honestly don't understand why there's so many pseudo-retro games now... If I want to play games with this style, I'll use an old console, not the newest gen. It's ridiculous...This
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 October 14 at 02:37Permalink
    I have a famous pinata if anyone needs it :)
    Written in the stars.
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 02:35Permalink
    TerraCottaGamer said:Antr0p0phagus said:I honestly don't understand why there's so many pseudo-retro games now... If I want to play games with this style, I'll use an old console, not the newest gen. It's ridiculous...ThisIt shouldn't matter. I enjoy games of various styles and we have had plenty of awesome retroesque games come out such as mega man 9/10 and shovel knight.

Also if anyone is interested Volgarr the Viking is free to download right now.
  • TT AverseTT Averse412,905
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 02:44, Edited on 31 October 14 at 02:46 by TT AversePermalink
    Damn, would like to be in the group that gets powerstar golf instead ><

I loved Viva Pinata though, so trouble in paradise seems like a good draw for this month.
  • main elementmain element294,915
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 02:47Permalink
    Viva Pinata trial balloon for next gen version? Please please please. If you're listening MS, we DO want a next gen.smile
  • AnubsethAnubseth592,885
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 03:31Permalink
    Vandel Buster said:CRO5573Y said:What the hell is all this shit? Where are all the good games. Microsoft are too cheap and skinny to put a decent game up. I would be happy with a NFS or Valve game or even a game like Rage or Brink but no, we get this crap. Games with gold are pathetic at the moment. I haven't downloaded one since Charlie Murder and Dishonored. They were good.What's that I hear? Oh, that's right, deal with it. It's free stuff.More than that: he will be satisfied if MS gives him NFS, Valve game(Orange Box or Portals), Rage or Brink (you didn't played Brink for wanting it, right?) only. All other games will be crap! The spoiled children strike again!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 October 14 at 03:49Permalink
    I said it once and ill say again stop with all the indie crap i buy an xbox one and i buy it to play AAA games so how about forza 5,ryse son of rome,wolfenstein tno,amazing spider man 2 We deserve it after all . As for the 360 please no more 7 year old games i would be happy with with any game thats fairly new. we dont need any more indies or old games. cause people want AAA games and are sick of indies. I know im not the only one who feels this way there a people on here major nelson website everywere and we think microsoft should give out better games.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,823
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 04:45Permalink
    Stolen 48 Hour said:I said it once and ill say again stop with all the indie crap i buy an xbox one and i buy it to play AAA games so how about forza 5,ryse son of rome,wolfenstein tno,amazing spider man 2 We deserve it after all . As for the 360 please no more 7 year old games i would be happy with with any game thats fairly new. we dont need any more indies or old games. cause people want AAA games and are sick of indies. I know im not the only one who feels this way there a people on here major nelson website everywere and we think microsoft should give out better games.So you want 12 - 36 games per year that cost $30 - $60 to buy, for something like $50 a year? shock
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 October 14 at 05:17Permalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:Stolen 48 Hour said:I said it once and ill say again stop with all the indie crap i buy an xbox one and i buy it to play AAA games so how about forza 5,ryse son of rome,wolfenstein tno,amazing spider man 2 We deserve it after all . As for the 360 please no more 7 year old games i would be happy with with any game thats fairly new. we dont need any more indies or old games. cause people want AAA games and are sick of indies. I know im not the only one who feels this way there a people on here major nelson website everywere and we think microsoft should give out better games.So you want 12 - 36 games per year that cost $30 - $60 to buy, for something like $50 a year? shockyes and i think i we deserve it
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 05:46Permalink
    Stolen 48 Hour said:HolyHa1fDead said:Stolen 48 Hour said:I said it once and ill say again stop with all the indie crap i buy an xbox one and i buy it to play AAA games so how about forza 5,ryse son of rome,wolfenstein tno,amazing spider man 2 We deserve it after all . As for the 360 please no more 7 year old games i would be happy with with any game thats fairly new. we dont need any more indies or old games. cause people want AAA games and are sick of indies. I know im not the only one who feels this way there a people on here major nelson website everywere and we think microsoft should give out better games.So you want 12 - 36 games per year that cost $30 - $60 to buy, for something like $50 a year? shockyes and i think i we deserve itlaugh

Good luck with that...
  • matdanmatdan701,025
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 05:50Permalink
    Loved the first Viva Pinata so definitely playing this one. was going to anyway. Pity about those vision cam achievements.

2nd half is more meh... Red Faction Guerrilla and completionists should be aware that the game can be quite a chore to get the last few achievements in.

Powerstar Golf looks like a solid title.
  • PakhairPakhair279,746
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 06:03Permalink
    Damn MS, really old games again. We thought you had learned facepalm

To be honest, I don't care that much because I will pay for Gold anyway and the backlog will take eternity to end and also that I haven't got time to play majority of GwG despite downloading and wanting to play BUT really this old crap frustrates one especially when you know what other network is giving. Anyhow looking forward to downloading RFG as for Viva Pinata, I aint sure what it is lol, I guess its some sort of a farming/animal simulator
    I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I’m just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 06:05Permalink
    Let me guess, another month of that shitty on the rail shooter Crimson Dragon. Thanks Microsoft I love shitty dragon games!
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 06:11Permalink
    The fact that some people won't even try a game because there is an achievement they can't get is fucking sad!!
  • NMANOZNMANOZ645,350
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 06:31Permalink
    Happy with getting Powerstar but not happy that MS isn't releasing most ID@Xbox games in Australia. Would have thought these days all downloadable games would be released same day as the US.
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 06:46Permalink
    Awesome my copy of Red Faction broke, now I can get it for free and finish it off :)
    Licking an electrical outlet will not turn you into a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger.
  • Jay InsomniakJay Insomniak1,173,167
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 07:21Permalink
    Stolen 48 Hour said:HolyHa1fDead said:Stolen 48 Hour said:I said it once and ill say again stop with all the indie crap i buy an xbox one and i buy it to play AAA games so how about forza 5,ryse son of rome,wolfenstein tno,amazing spider man 2 We deserve it after all . As for the 360 please no more 7 year old games i would be happy with with any game thats fairly new. we dont need any more indies or old games. cause people want AAA games and are sick of indies. I know im not the only one who feels this way there a people on here major nelson website everywere and we think microsoft should give out better games.So you want 12 - 36 games per year that cost $30 - $60 to buy, for something like $50 a year? shockyes and i think i we deserve itNot sure if troll, or just stupid... If you bought it for AAA games, why don't you just buy some of those too...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.