Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

November's Games with Gold Revealed

• Posted on 31 October 14 at 14:50Permalink
    Alumejr said:ostrich Hammer is Back YAAAAAYY!!!!!

I had fun using it. now i will find people online to use it with again
    ZOMFG YES. I NEED more noobs to ostrich smash!!!
    BY FYRE BE PURGED
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 15:06Permalink
    WebMan99 said:Warning: Viva Piñata Trouble in Paradise is a fun game but it REQUIRES a vision camera to 100% the game.This is true. Those cameras are neat, but cranky as heck. The good news is that Gamestop sells them used for about $3 (at least the one near me does).

The Viva Pinata games are a lot of fun, if that's your thing. I'm normally more of a shooter fan, but I enjoyed the heck out of the first one and my wife loves Party Animals.
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82395,964
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 15:35, Edited on 31 October 14 at 15:36 by Tanelorn82Permalink
    Russell LeCroy said:All I'm saying is, can the Kinect really not serve as a vision camera proxy? lol I mean what the hell does that camera do that the kinect can't?
    I'll take a wild guess... Maybe because the game VP TiP released 2 full years before the first Kinect. I think it might have something to do with the API of both not being the same... because it's not the same thing.
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 15:49Permalink
    togethawiistand said:Brutaka5 said:PatchyEoin said:The free games have been a major let down latelyI know....it sucks.Agree with those guys.

And for those who say "stop complaining, it's free!", you are blind. We pay for it even if you're unable to see how.
    Nobody cared the other times Microsoft gave games away for free from either promotion or screw up. The whiny, self-entitled crying started once the Games for Gold began. Complaining about how the games sucked and there's nothing for the Xbox One. Blah, blah, blah *mouthy rage foam*

People were paying for Xbox Live well before GfG began. People need to stop acting like Microsoft owes them anything. They don't. GfG is something provided to create attention for games and as a means to draw people back to their console by offering anything for free because people like free stuff. Also, if you're paying money purely for GfG, then...wow.
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 16:01Permalink
    Vandel Buster said:togethawiistand said:Brutaka5 said:PatchyEoin said:The free games have been a major let down latelyI know....it sucks.Agree with those guys.

And for those who say "stop complaining, it's free!", you are blind. We pay for it even if you're unable to see how.
    Nobody cared the other times Microsoft gave games away for free from either promotion or screw up. The whiny, self-entitled crying started once the Games for Gold began. Complaining about how the games sucked and there's nothing for the Xbox One. Blah, blah, blah *mouthy rage foam*

People were paying for Xbox Live well before GfG began. People need to stop acting like Microsoft owes them anything. They don't. GfG is something provided to create attention for games and as a means to draw people back to their console by offering anything for free because people like free stuff. Also, if you're paying money purely for GfG, then...wow.
    That's really not that foreign a concept, considering that is exactly what Sony did when they really put force behind PS+ (the service did exist for a year before they started giving away games, but it was an absolute joke). MS has had Games with Gold for over a year now, and Gold now is literally only for online MP, DwG, and GwG since they removed everything else from behind the Gold paywall, so I'm certain many people have subscribe to Gold for the games that are to be given to them. Much like you would subscribe to PS+ for their games, or to Netflix for their video, or to Google Play All Access for their music.
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 16:31Permalink
    MICROSOFT FOR LIFE
    LEGION OF EXCELLENCE TAKING COD BACK FROM DA SNIPING DEGEN ESPORTS NERDS. GUNGA GUNGA GUNGA.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 October 14 at 16:37Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:Vandel Buster said:togethawiistand said:Brutaka5 said:PatchyEoin said:The free games have been a major let down latelyI know....it sucks.Agree with those guys.

That's really not that foreign a concept, considering that is exactly what Sony did when they really put force behind PS+ (the service did exist for a year before they started giving away games, but it was an absolute joke). MS has had Games with Gold for over a year now, and Gold now is literally only for online MP, DwG, and GwG since they removed everything else from behind the Gold paywall, so I'm certain many people have subscribe to Gold for the games that are to be given to them. Much like you would subscribe to PS+ for their games, or to Netflix for their video, or to Google Play All Access for their music.
    This all the way; I paid for the free games and discounts. It hasn't been worth it, and these games don't change my opinion.
    There's no accounting for taste, it'd be best if everyone just respected that.
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 16:41Permalink
    Armstrong x360a said:Looks like I`ll be letting my gold lapse, nothing for me this month.If you are getting a month subscription exclusively to get the games for free, you are not doing it right. The year subscription is far cheaper, so if even if you get some months that you don't like, you can use the money you saved and put it toward a game you do want plus you get the free games on the months that you find you like the free selection.

CRO5573Y said:What the hell is all this shit? Where are all the good games. Microsoft are too cheap and skinny to put a decent game up. I would be happy with a NFS or Valve game or even a game like Rage or Brink but no, we get this crap. Games with gold are pathetic at the moment. I haven't downloaded one since Charlie Murder and Dishonored. They were good.Need for Speed is free with EA Access, along with a number of other AAA titles, so don't expect too many free EA games. This thread would be 4 times longer with complaints if they gave away Brink.
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 16:57, Edited on 31 October 14 at 16:58 by SpakonPermalink
    cry I have Powerstar Golf but wouldn't mind Volgarr, stupid Australia.
    looking forward to play RF again though.
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 17:25Permalink
    Billy Horrible said:xPut Name Herex said:Vandel Buster said:togethawiistand said:Brutaka5 said:PatchyEoin said:The free games have been a major let down latelyI know....it sucks.Agree with those guys.

This all the way; I paid for the free games and discounts. It hasn't been worth it, and these games don't change my opinion.
    You paid for free games?! Then they're not free!!!!!!!!

I pay for the gold subscription so I can play online mulitplayer, the extra games are just a bonus. I think some people are looking at this the wrong way.
    Disclaimer: copious amounts of sarcasm may be included in the above post.
  • WyyvernWyyvern518,794
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 17:38Permalink
    Why are Xbox One GwG games always crappy platformers?

I've been lucky with the game choices though. VP:TiP is only the second game in the entire offer I've played before (the other being Civ Rev).
    [Insert clever and unique signature here]
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 18:19Permalink
    Minchy Munchkin said:Billy Horrible said:xPut Name Herex said:Vandel Buster said:togethawiistand said:Brutaka5 said:PatchyEoin said:The free games have been a major let down latelyI know....it sucks.Agree with those guys.

I pay for the gold subscription so I can play online mulitplayer, the extra games are just a bonus. I think some people are looking at this the wrong way.
    Of course we pay for them! But as I've said, there are people wayyyyyyyyyy too blind to see it, even if others try to explain it rationally.

GwG came up not only to please the easily-pleased and fanboy types, but to keep things competitive. Besides, the gold subscription is not the only thing you pay when you play, even if it's the only thing you're able to notice to be paying.

Rarely anything is truly free. Except the air that we breath, which in many places also comes with a lot of cr4p... just like these games.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 October 14 at 18:20Permalink
    Minchy Munchkin said:Billy Horrible said:xPut Name Herex said:Vandel Buster said:togethawiistand said:Brutaka5 said:PatchyEoin said:The free games have been a major let down latelyI know....it sucks.Agree with those guys.

Yeah, I've since realised this. I'm not that big on multiplayer (online gaming I mean, I love playing Mario Kart with people next to me or playing tabletop games), so I don't get much else out of it really.
    There's no accounting for taste, it'd be best if everyone just respected that.
  • EvandalistEvandalist362,309
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 18:35, Edited on 31 October 14 at 18:39 by EvandalistPermalink
    Omnizoa said:Evandalist said:Happy to see something different being showcased (Viva Pinata), but disappointed with yet another generic shooter. It's no wonder 360 gamers are so often stereotyped as angry little shitheads and/or lame-ass COD kids so often - Everybody eats these dull shooters up like fucking hotcakes.Shut your ignorant ass up. Practically no one plays Red Faction: Guerrilla online because it's good. We all know good doesn't sell, popular does. So you can keep your COD comments to yourself. But if you can't resist assuming that RFG is a another stiff-hitscan-kickback-crippling-graphics-over-gameplay-world-war-shooter whoring itself out, feel free. That kind of attitude really sours the mood when I'm playing my open-world-jetpacking-red-dawn-demolition-simulator. There aren't any angry little shitheads playing Red Faction: Guerrilla because they're all too stuck up to even consider that it might actually have some merit.

But by all means, if you know any open-mineded people, send them my way, I'd love to play a round of "Thermobaric Rockets vs Invisible Sledgehammer".
    Seems I struck a nerve. Why don't you tell me how you really feel?

laugh

That's an exquisite oxymoron with the underlined statement, too. The game is just too good to have an online community. It literally boggles the mind.
    You fail me.
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye183,146
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 19:11, Edited on 31 October 14 at 19:13 by NickHawkeyePermalink
    sweet i need a V game for some of the competitions dance

Red Faction I completed everything except the DLC and the 100 gurilla actions that glitched out on me but I gave that copy to my brother and he gave it to so and so and who knows where it is now but guess that doesn't matter now. not the best gwg option but I will take it none the less
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 October 14 at 19:16Permalink
    HAHA laugh facepalm
    And that makes you larger than life
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 19:30Permalink
    Xtowers said:I'd rather have Powerstar Golf from the looks of the Viking Game. Another rage-inducing platformer.This, oh definitely this...
    Drink the kool-aid!
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 21:30Permalink
    Having played through the first world on Volgarr, I should warn you guys, its not a good game. I'm actually going to write a review based on my experience here in a bit, gotta do some wifi-fu since I broke my laptop, bit I'll post here in a bit
  • Posted on 31 October 14 at 21:45Permalink
    After watching a few trailers a concluded that Volgarr is retro in all of the bad ways...
    Just a fearful servant of the Lord Almighty.
  • Posted on 01 November 14 at 03:55Permalink
    Rafael D Arroyo said:After watching a few trailers a concluded that Volgarr is retro in all of the bad ways...I remember, back in the day, we didn't have no tutorials, or saves, and if we got one checkpoint per level, well, that was gonna be an easy level ! Games have gotten easier over time, and only certain achievements, or intentionally hard games, remind us of where we came from. This game will seem really familiar to anyone who remembers the games in the arcades, before Street Fighter 2 took over ! It reminds me of Rastan, or Black Tiger, although the graphics are pretty weak, especially the sword swing animations. I wish they had prettied it up a little more...
    Your financial solution
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.