Game Discussion: Shadow Warrior Forum

How hard is heroic difficulty?

AuthorMessage
Lost Legends
Lost Legends
Posted on 31 October 14 at 22:33
I'm planning on starting this game in the next week or 2. seeing as no one has finished it yet, how hard is this difficulty? Is the achievement glitched, or has just no one done it yet?

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 02 November 14 at 11:26
Its super hard. Basically playing through on the hardest difficulty and you cant upgrade your stuff, if you die you go back to the beginning. So its similar to Max Payne NYMHC without the time limit of course
DaintierFool180
Posted on 04 November 14 at 17:10, Edited on 04 November 14 at 17:11 by DaintierFool180
v EnforceR x said:Its super hard. Basically playing through on the hardest difficulty and you cant upgrade your stuff, if you die you go back to the beginning. So its similar to Max Payne NYMHC without the time limit of courseIf you die you go back to the beginning of the current level or the beginning of the game?

How save works in that difficulty mode?

Thanks.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 04 November 14 at 18:07
oo88 FRED 88oo said:v EnforceR x said:Its super hard. Basically playing through on the hardest difficulty and you cant upgrade your stuff, if you die you go back to the beginning. So its similar to Max Payne NYMHC without the time limit of courseIf you die you go back to the beginning of the current level or the beginning of the game?

How save works in that difficulty mode?

Thanks.
Beginning of the game I believe. Not sure how the save system works in this mode tbh
Robby Beck
Robby Beck
Posted on 07 November 14 at 03:55
Heroic mode is harder than Insane difficulty (highest difficulty you can pick). You can still do everything you could if you were playing on an easier difficulty, but if you die you go back to the initial checkpoint of the chapter. Initial checkpoints being just checkpoints that you get through progression (like Call of Duty or Halo).
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 28 December 14 at 14:42
I'm guessing you unlock Heroic by beating the game on Normal or higher?
Walkthrough Supervisor and Site Help Editor here on TA | Server Administrator and Forum Moderator at www.ThatDarkRPServer.com
The Death Fury
Posted on 31 December 14 at 14:10
^ Yes, you unlock Heroic after completing a "Normal" game.
There is only one way, the way of the battlefield
aps42
aps42
Posted on 09 January 15 at 01:22
can heroic be done in NG+ with all your equipment? is it chapter saves only?
aps42
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 09 January 15 at 04:41
I've also been wondering that.
Walkthrough Supervisor and Site Help Editor here on TA | Server Administrator and Forum Moderator at www.ThatDarkRPServer.com
Mister Buds
Mister Buds
Posted on 09 January 15 at 16:53
aps42 said:can heroic be done in NG+ with all your equipment? is it chapter saves only?Heroic is a separate mode from the campaign difficulties, so it can't be done NG+. You get a checkpoint at the start of each chapter, yes.
Ratpoizen
Ratpoizen
Posted on 12 March 15 at 18:03, Edited on 12 March 15 at 18:13 by Ratpoizen
I've just started Chapter 9 and it hasn't been too bad so far, dying just twice - once from blowing myself up and the other by boosting to my death down some stairs. I'm sure its going to get brutal soon though considering the amount of people who have the ach (14 when i posted).

To play on Heroic you have to complete the game once on Normal or above (not sure about Easy). It is a separate mode and is basically like playing on the hardest difficulty and if you die you must restart the level. Everything is else is the same, you can upgrade your Powers, Skills and Weapons. Enemies take much more damage and you take much more damage.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.