Game Discussion: Völgarr the Viking

Rastan, Anyone?

• russolini77russolini77328,759
    Posted on 01 November 14 at 03:19Permalink
    Am I the only one that thinks this game is pretty much a complete rip off of the 80s arcade game, Rastan?
  • Posted on 01 November 14 at 11:58Permalink
    dude totally agree played this game today could see similarities straight away this game same gameplay as rastan!!!
  • DDROverKillDDROverKill202,306
    Posted on 05 November 14 at 00:32Permalink
    As soon as I saw my character swing the sword, the connection was made. It's extremely similar, to the point of directly taking Rastan's graphics and just reskinning them to make this game. Rastan's level designs are also *extremely* similar. That said, this is an excellent game. They took a game that I really enjoyed in the past and made it more current. The "new" abilities (that Rastan doesn't have) feel like they should have been there all along. These achievements though.... lol. :D
  • SedgendarySedgendary262,724
    Posted on 07 November 14 at 23:02Permalink
    Never played Rastan, just watched a video of it though and it is very similar. Volgarr also has some elements of Ghost and Goblins as well
  • Darklord1899Darklord1899355,697
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 17:06Permalink
    russolini77 said:Am I the only one that thinks this game is pretty much a complete rip off of the 80s arcade game, Rastan?Yep. Possibly the worst game on the 1. They give it away free as no one would buy it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.