The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: July 8th, 2014

• Posted on 08 July 14 at 22:21, Edited on 08 July 14 at 22:28 by IGutlessIWonderPermalink
    Yes, these are all great deals but I would like to benefit more from recent deals and game with gold free games. Lots of games on this list I've already played and the ones I haven't I have no interest in.

Skyrim? check
    Halo 4/Spartan Assault? check
    The Witcher 2? check
    Deus Ex? check
    Dishonored? check
    Darksiders 2? check
    Portal 2? check
    Titanfall? Check
    Assassins Creed 4? check
    Fallout 3/New Vegas? check
    Gears of War 3? check
    Devil May Cry 4? check.

Already own Ghosts pass along with TWD Season 2 and have no interest in another Trials game, tried the original and couldn't really handle the frustration let alone needing to be next to perfect on a lot of the tracks.

The only thing I might consider is replaying The Witcher 2.
    The Gutless Wonder "Try not to understand anything I'm saying and it'll all make sense"
  • DCM7734DCM7734146,957
    Posted on 08 July 14 at 22:23Permalink
    Gonna try and sell my currency on another site for a 25 XBOX card so I can get the Gears 3 season pass and the Skyrim DLC.
    Call Of Duty Ghosts Tourney info: Deadline: July 2ND, 23:59:59 PST http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=4558911
  • Archer RivalArcher Rival403,326
    Posted on 08 July 14 at 22:45Permalink
    Is Microsoft not aware of what day we do the annual bean dive on?
  • Posted on 08 July 14 at 23:42Permalink
    Deus Ex; the most underrated game on xbox 360 IMO.
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 00:19Permalink
    I was seriously considering picking up Deus Ex: HR, however, it appears that the Director's Cut is still cheaper than this sale + DLC so I'll wait.

Has anyone ever seen the DLC on sale?
  • CornflopperCornflopper145,046
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 00:32Permalink
    Only seeing 360 version of the Ghosts season pass on sale. On the One dash it comes up as full price as well as the in game store. The 360 to One transfer of the season pass ended in May. How do I go about getting the One season pass at the discounted price? I can't get an answer out of MS or Activision support.
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 00:42Permalink
    Picking up Dishonoured, MGS V: Ground Zeros and possibly Fallout New Vegas. Here's to hoping Asura's Wrath and Killer is Dead also go on sale sometime this week.
  • CM TranceCM Trance192,591
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 00:45Permalink
    I was thinking of getting Street Fighter X Tekken... but everyone says it's bad...
    I was also thinking of getting Pac-Man Museum... but I already have Pac-Man and Championship edition. The other mediocre games doesn't look that much fun... also I already have Ms Pac-Man...
    And I thought of getting the Turtles game... but last time I tried the trial, I thought it was meh... should give it another try though...
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 00:50Permalink
    Just bought Walking dead season pass. The rest is crap imho. Hopefully there are games i'm interested in the coming days.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic397,647
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 01:01Permalink
    Darth Barthus said:Deus Ex; the most underrated game on xbox 360 IMO.I find it to be very overrated. Doing the no-kill and no-alarm run is just plain painful. I managed that, but somehow missed a skill book (even though I was using a guide), so I didn't get that achievement. I just can't bring myself to play it again for that one achievement.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead508,547
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 01:52, Edited on 09 July 14 at 01:53 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    This post is contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead508,547
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 02:05, Edited on 09 July 14 at 03:17 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    EaseAndInspire said:N0BLE 360 said:acedawg4 said:Support buying retail discs and stop going digital! Save our media to the consumer! Nothing for me.....Nah digital is the future no messing around looking for discs etc etcMost rediculous argument for digital ever... Ahh man now where the hell did I put that game disc..? Oh here it is under the couch... Like how fucking old are you?
    My son is four and even he knows to put his Wii u games back in the proper case and on the shelf...
    They have their opinion and you have yours, like the way some people get up to change the TV channel and others use a remote control. Personally I like the convenience of being able to change games without changing the disc.

Armstrong x360a said:I was seriously considering picking up Deus Ex: HR, however, it appears that the Director's Cut is still cheaper than this sale + DLC so I'll wait.

Has anyone ever seen the DLC on sale?
    You should read around about the Director's Cut and decide which version you would prefer. The DLC has been on sale a few times, but most DLC sales are for games released within the last 2 years or so.

ChewieOnIce said:This week also sees the annual Ultimate Games Sale kick off, with a vast range of titles available on offer throughout the week and on daily discounts. More like biannual sale - XBL Sale Roundup: February 18th, 2014 [UPDATE]
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 04:16Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:For the love of God, NO ONE GET ZOO TYCOON! It is a crappy excuse for a simulation game, with all your choices basically made for you, and is a significant fall from grace from the decades old original PC game.

EDIT: Of course I say this and then get excited when I hear that they are making a F2P Zoo Tycoon for WP and Windows 8 still facepalm
    You love good games and you love free, sometimes these things compete for your affections.
    Your financial solution
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 04:40Permalink
    dropK1CK ninJA said:WestsideSxE said:So are the Halo 4 DLC achievements finally unlocking? I wound up getting one of the title update achievements a few months back so I guess I have to go for the full 2000 now bahI haven't tried in a few months but I know they haven't applied any fixes yet.Be very careful with Halo Faux Pas. make sure to specifically do the glitched achievements first, and on their own maps.
    Your financial solution
  • CASS190684CASS190684241,125
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 05:00Permalink
    I'll grab TWD Season 2 Season Pass I think. Kind of annoying that it doesn't include the first episode though - it does on PS3 so I don't know why it's different on Xbox. Although it is cheaper on Xbox at full price so I guess it balances out.
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • BGnastyBGnasty334,517
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 05:29Permalink
    LAS7 WeemaN said:Definitely Walking dead season pass.

QUESTION: Is Darksiders 2 worth it ?

dance
    I had a blast playing Darksider 2. Great game.
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 05:44, Edited on 09 July 14 at 05:47 by GAMERx420x4LIFEPermalink
    Rhyolitic said:Darth Barthus said:Deus Ex; the most underrated game on xbox 360 IMO.I find it to be very overrated. Doing the no-kill and no-alarm run is just plain painful. I managed that, but somehow missed a skill book (even though I was using a guide), so I didn't get that achievement. I just can't bring myself to play it again for that one achievement.To be fair you are making points about how brutal the achievements can be and not the actual quality of the game...but judging by previous posts by you on this game i can tell it was not fun trying for some tough cheevos on the game. I myself put it down and got distracted with backlog...but from what i have played, i enjoyed it very much. It comes down to if the achievement you are going for is causing you mental anguish, then maybe the juice is not worth the squeeze... but i for 1 love that brutal controller throwing feeling then finally getting it. I do understand the having to start a new playthrough though for 1 achievement...Like on Condemned Criminal Origins said i missed a melee weapon or whateve,r but i know i didnt(glitch) other certain situations that i just cannot be bothered to play a game again for. Does not mean the games are bad for it cause they have difficult achievements or is a difficult game. Playing Deus Ex like that is meant to be painful and that is why they reward you heavy with gamerscore for it...
    Signature? Sure, someone hand me a pen please.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic397,647
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 07:02Permalink
    GAMERx420x4LIFE said:To be fair you are making points about how brutal the achievements can be and not the actual quality of the game...but judging by previous posts by you on this game i can tell it was not fun trying for some tough cheevos on the game. I myself put it down and got distracted with backlog...but from what i have played, i enjoyed it very much. It comes down to if the achievement you are going for is causing you mental anguish, then maybe the juice is not worth the squeeze... but i for 1 love that brutal controller throwing feeling then finally getting it. I do understand the having to start a new playthrough though for 1 achievement...Like on Condemned Criminal Origins said i missed a melee weapon or whateve,r but i know i didnt(glitch) other certain situations that i just cannot be bothered to play a game again for. Does not mean the games are bad for it cause they have difficult achievements or is a difficult game. Playing Deus Ex like that is meant to be painful and that is why they reward you heavy with gamerscore for it...The perceived quality of a game can be directly affected by the achievements for it, IMO. If a game requires you to play counter to, well, pretty much everything in it, then one can form a less than impressed opinion of it. You're this hyper-enhanced person, but you have to spend the entire game sneaking around?

Objectively, I can see that it was a decent game. However, I put it in and try to go for that last achievement, but I can only play about five minutes before giving up.

*shrug* These are just my opinions, after all.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty529,534
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 11:35Permalink
    DOOM The Return said:Cer3bra1Asassin said:NawtyCawty said:Crap. Hardly an ultimate sale.There's always got to be that one person ! rollIt's always the same guy, coincidentally enough.Its not actually. I call things as I see them, good and bad. I'm not a sheep who says everything is wonderful in the gaming world, because it ain't. To me its a pretty lame sale that has a few Games on Demand that are still cheaper to buy in the shops, some 3 year old games, and The Walking Dead on sale for the umpteenth time. I mean who the hell hasn't bought it by now?
  • SprinkyDinkSprinkyDink1,452,684
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 11:52, Edited on 09 July 14 at 11:53 by SprinkyDinkPermalink
    I can agree with nawty cawty that day 2 sucks ass. Its 5 games that aren't good. Arcania has an unobtainable. I hate how they start the sales with a bang and then shit on you with the other days.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.