The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: July 8th, 2014

• WyyvernWyyvern516,797
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 12:07, Edited on 09 July 14 at 12:10 by WyyvernPermalink
    NawtyCawty said:DOOM The Return said:Cer3bra1Asassin said:NawtyCawty said:Crap. Hardly an ultimate sale.There's always got to be that one person ! rollIt's always the same guy, coincidentally enough.Its not actually. I call things as I see them, good and bad. I'm not a sheep who says everything is wonderful in the gaming world, because it ain't. To me its a pretty lame sale that has a few Games on Demand that are still cheaper to buy in the shops, some 3 year old games, and The Walking Dead on sale for the umpteenth time. I mean who the hell hasn't bought it by now?Erm...me?

I still bought it even though I've watched a complete walkthrough on YouTube laugh

Kind of starting to regret it now...
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce762,905
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 12:14Permalink
    Dirk Omnivore said:Don't see this mentioned but Hexodius is on sale too. 66% off now priced €3.22. Maybe Europe got this instead of MGS?You appear to be correct. That wasn't in Major Nelson's listing or some other sources - I'll update the OP. Thanks!
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 12:43Permalink
    The Walking Dead: Season Two
    • "Season Pass" (includes Episodes 2-5) - 50% off
    Ohhh finally, it's mine smile
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 13:15Permalink
    Rhyolitic said:GAMERx420x4LIFE said:To be fair you are making points about how brutal the achievements can be and not the actual quality of the game...but judging by previous posts by you on this game i can tell it was not fun trying for some tough cheevos on the game. I myself put it down and got distracted with backlog...but from what i have played, i enjoyed it very much. It comes down to if the achievement you are going for is causing you mental anguish, then maybe the juice is not worth the squeeze... but i for 1 love that brutal controller throwing feeling then finally getting it. I do understand the having to start a new playthrough though for 1 achievement...Like on Condemned Criminal Origins said i missed a melee weapon or whateve,r but i know i didnt(glitch) other certain situations that i just cannot be bothered to play a game again for. Does not mean the games are bad for it cause they have difficult achievements or is a difficult game. Playing Deus Ex like that is meant to be painful and that is why they reward you heavy with gamerscore for it...The perceived quality of a game can be directly affected by the achievements for it, IMO. If a game requires you to play counter to, well, pretty much everything in it, then one can form a less than impressed opinion of it. You're this hyper-enhanced person, but you have to spend the entire game sneaking around?

Objectively, I can see that it was a decent game. However, I put it in and try to go for that last achievement, but I can only play about five minutes before giving up.

*shrug* These are just my opinions, after all.
    Adam Jensen = Badass Cyborg Ninja. Period. (Although, he never asked for it...laugh)

I played through the game on the "Give me Deus Ex" not killing a soul and not setting off an alarm (until the last boss fight - didn't realize those turrets counted roll) and I felt like a uber-enhanced mofo the entire time. Sneaking up on people, knocking them out, dual knock outs, leaping from rooftops, sniping fools, gasing crowds, intimidating punks, breaking into people's homes, literally taking out walls - this game was amazing DESPITE not running n' gunning smile. But, then again, that is my opinion.

If you finished the game, and missed a book, I would advised playing through on easy and just massacring the world - leave no one standing! laugh That's what I did, and let me tell you Detroit was never quieter than after Jensen cleaned up the streets.
    Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 13:19Permalink
    Kind of wish there was more than one game here for the One. facepalm

If I still had my 360 it would be a field day!
    Zak - FeaR
  • ShinnizleShinnizle820,910
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 14:58Permalink
    DOOM The Return said:Most people don't have or even need 1000+ games.True, but that was just my case. Any number over 100 could still technically apply to my example. I have much less Xbox 360 retail games than I have Steam games, but it's still over 100, and I still have game case towers on the side of my TV stand because the two drawers underneath are full of 360 game cases (and yes, they are alphabetized). And believe me, many people on this website have over 100 retail games on their profile. Maybe they sell them, I rarely do.
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 15:27Permalink
    I just received a promotional code for TWD: Season 2 Ep 1 for free in my Xbox live messages.

Whole season for $7.49? Yes please!
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 15:54Permalink
    DragonessHera said:Some good prices there, but why does Microsoft refuse to ever drop Valve games to the price Valve charges at sale time? Portal 2 is ALWAYS $4.99 on sale. Drop the price that low.Valve is gonna be on my shit list til they release Half Life ep 3 laugh
    [url=http://www.trueachievements.com/Cer3bra1Asassin.htm][img]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamerc
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 16:05Permalink
    NawtyCawty said:DOOM The Return said:Cer3bra1Asassin said:NawtyCawty said:Crap. Hardly an ultimate sale.There's always got to be that one person ! rollIt's always the same guy, coincidentally enough.Its not actually. I call things as I see them, good and bad. I'm not a sheep who says everything is wonderful in the gaming world, because it ain't. To me its a pretty lame sale that has a few Games on Demand that are still cheaper to buy in the shops, some 3 year old games, and The Walking Dead on sale for the umpteenth time. I mean who the hell hasn't bought it by now?Dude !! OK One thing The Walking Dead Season 1 has been on sale a bunch, Season 2 episode 1 was on sale once for .99 cents and this is the first time for the season pass warning . So that was bitching for no reason. You can have a opinion that the games are not of your liking and everything but just cause you hate them doesn't make it a crap sale.
    [url=http://www.trueachievements.com/Cer3bra1Asassin.htm][img]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamerc
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 18:39Permalink
    Rhyolitic said:Darth Barthus said:Deus Ex; the most underrated game on xbox 360 IMO.I find it to be very overrated. Doing the no-kill and no-alarm run is just plain painful. I managed that, but somehow missed a skill book (even though I was using a guide), so I didn't get that achievement. I just can't bring myself to play it again for that one achievement.I'm glad that I'm not the only one that feels this way. I really don't understand the hype. It's very 'meh'.
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,805,195
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 18:56Permalink
    Rhyolitic said:Darth Barthus said:Deus Ex; the most underrated game on xbox 360 IMO.I find it to be very overrated. Doing the no-kill and no-alarm run is just plain painful. I managed that, but somehow missed a skill book (even though I was using a guide), so I didn't get that achievement. I just can't bring myself to play it again for that one achievement.I absolutely loved that game. I got the no-kill, no-alarm and hard run all on my first play. (The game is hard enough in a firefight on Easy that you might as well play the first run on Hard.

I also missed the NEXT TO LAST book on that run, and had to replay. I still loved the game, but I'm a huge fan of cyberpunk.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 July 14 at 19:03Permalink
    i find it funny how this xbl sale came along rite after that big steam sale. nut for me portal 2 would do nice. nothing else interests me
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,805,195
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 19:05Permalink
    DOOM The Return said:Shinnizle said:EaseAndInspire said:Most rediculous argument for digital ever... Ahh man now where the hell did I put that game disc..? Oh here it is under the couch... Like how fucking old are you?
    My son is four and even he knows to put his Wii u games back in the proper case and on the shelf...
    To be fair, your son probably doesn't have as many games as some of us do. I have over 1,000 games on Steam alone, and thus I can't imagine having all those cases physically stored somewhere.
    Most people don't have or even need 1000+ games.
    I have at least 300 retail games on my shelves. I have a pic around somewhere. I also have a boatload of other older games.

Never going digital unless there's no disc. If space is ever an issue, there are plenty of disc-sleeve binders where you can put the discs, put the other materials somewhere else and dump the cases. If need be, I'll put all the cases in a box in the basement.

Never getting rid of my discs. Ever. Trade-in values are so low on most of them anyway.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 19:26Permalink
    Sashamorning said:DOOM The Return said:Shinnizle said:EaseAndInspire said:Most rediculous argument for digital ever... Ahh man now where the hell did I put that game disc..? Oh here it is under the couch... Like how fucking old are you?
    My son is four and even he knows to put his Wii u games back in the proper case and on the shelf...
    To be fair, your son probably doesn't have as many games as some of us do. I have over 1,000 games on Steam alone, and thus I can't imagine having all those cases physically stored somewhere.
    Most people don't have or even need 1000+ games.
    I have at least 300 retail games on my shelves. I have a pic around somewhere. I also have a boatload of other older games.

Never going digital unless there's no disc. If space is ever an issue, there are plenty of disc-sleeve binders where you can put the discs, put the other materials somewhere else and dump the cases. If need be, I'll put all the cases in a box in the basement.

Never getting rid of my discs. Ever. Trade-in values are so low on most of them anyway.
    I don't have that many right now. I'd say closer to 200 but I'm right there with you. I have to have the object in my hand if at all possible. If you have 1000 games, you're more of a compulsive buyer than anything. What do you think the % of those games are shit? Too damn many, I'm sure.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle820,910
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 19:43, Edited on 09 July 14 at 19:46 by ShinnizlePermalink
    Sashamorning said:I have at least 300 retail games on my shelves. I have a pic around somewhere. I also have a boatload of other older games.

I don't even have any kind of shelf to put them on. Both my drawers are filled to capacity, I have a little pile of cases (maybe 15-20 games) in my wardrobe (those are games I completed and I don't want anymore), I have maybe two piles of about 30 games stacked up beside my TV. One consists of games I have two copies of, the other is just the surplus that doesn't fit in the drawers. Good thing I don't have many physical PS3 and Wii games (maybe 20 each), or else I would be going bonkers.

With sleeves, alphabetizing them would be a chore, in my opinion. Besides, what's the fun of having the physical disc if you don't have the case to go with it?

Of course I'm not saying everyone should go digital now. But it is the way of the future, and for me, is a lot more convenient than looking for a disc. Even alphabetized, it takes me longer to fetch a disc, then it is to type "Portal" in my Steam client and having it selected and ready to play.

DOOM The Return said:I don't have that many right now. I'd say closer to 200 but I'm right there with you. I have to have the object in my hand if at all possible. If you have 1000 games, you're more of a compulsive buyer than anything. What do you think the % of those games are shit? Too damn many, I'm sure.http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shinnizle/games?tab=all

You be the judge. Until then, don't assume.
  • Posted on 09 July 14 at 20:21Permalink
    I don't need to assume. I like to think I have pretty good knowledge on a lot of games out there. All you did was remind me that people have more money than sense, myself included.
  • Arbiter31996Arbiter31996182,449
    Posted on 09 July 14 at 23:18Permalink
    AAAHHHHH Didnt notie there was an ultimate game sale and missed out on Halo: Spartan Assault facepalmangry
    If they came to hear me beg they will be dissapointed. -Thel Vadam (the Arbiter; Halo 2)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 July 14 at 00:15Permalink
    I nearly picked up the Walking Dead S2 season pass only like 2 days ago for full price. Sooo glad I waited.
    I have a fifth sense. It's like I have ESPN or something.
  • BalarushBalarush1,412,691
    Posted on 10 July 14 at 02:39Permalink
    So pissed off that the US are the only ones getting the discount for MGS, and the fucking UK dashboard is even advertising a full price game "on sale"! The hell?!
    There Are No Men Like Me.
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash329,941
    Posted on 10 July 14 at 15:34Permalink
    LAS7 WeemaN said:Definitely Walking dead season pass.

QUESTION: Is Darksiders 2 worth it ?

dance
    For the dollar price, definitely. For the euro price... You can find it a lot cheaper elsewhere. It's still worth it, but it's a pretty bad deal. (Explanation: $9.99 is around €6, but the listed euro price is €16.99. At €6 or even €9 it'd had been a steal.)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.