Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Game Mechanisms For Real Life

• k0ngzork0ngzor272,896
    Posted on 14 September 14 at 19:41
    Wut
  • ROBBERT DHTROBBERT DHT1,614,109
    Posted on 14 September 14 at 19:48
    Mr Kaas said:I live in Maastricht. That alone makes this a good list.Didn't know I had a Dutch TA member that close to me :O
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant999,281
    Posted on 14 September 14 at 20:58
    Most fun top 5 ever.

Talking of medkits and football injuries, I would love a quick fix on my broken tibia from playing football. Damn. Wheelchairs are not fun.
    Hey Niko, its your cousin! Let's go bowling!
  • Posted on 14 September 14 at 21:08
    Oddworld X said:Hydro Thunder Boats. Obviously.

Just when you think life is depressing, you wake up and... GO TO WORK IN YOUR FRICKIN' BOAT!
    Put some effort into your trolling, Oddworld X, surely your favorite game has at least one game play MECHANIC in it that would be remotely useful in the real world, that could fit on this list, you know, like checkpoints, or something. Pleasure speed boats are not remotely useful at all in the real world, at least the world most of us live in.
    Your financial solution
  • WyyvernWyyvern671,069
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 September 14 at 21:11
    triplewitching said:Oddworld X said:Hydro Thunder Boats. Obviously.

Just when you think life is depressing, you wake up and... GO TO WORK IN YOUR FRICKIN' BOAT!
    Put some effort into your trolling, Oddworld X, surely your favorite game has at least one game play MECHANIC in it that would be remotely useful in the real world, that could fit on this list, you know, like checkpoints, or something. Pleasure speed boats are not remotely useful at all in the real world, at least the world most of us live in.
    Yeah but in Hydro Thunder Hurricane the boats can practically fly!
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane
  • Posted on 14 September 14 at 21:39
    Really like these threads and I agree for 100% on the savepoints and the dialoguetrees. As someone who talks before thinking, those would have helped me a lot irl laugh

Suggestion for a next top five in the future: most easy bossfights ever (just completed Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning on hard and it was probably the most easy fight in the whole game).
  • Posted on 14 September 14 at 21:41
    There's nothing, NOTHING (!!), that would top the ability of a real-life-rocket-jump!!!
    Don't open your eyes you won't like what you see! The blind have been blessed with security!
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant999,281
    Posted on 14 September 14 at 21:59
    Parallax Demon said:Suggestion for a next top five in the future: most easy bossfights ever (just completed Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning on hard and it was probably the most easy fight in the whole game).Good suggestion. The final fight in Ascend: Hand of Kul is a QTE and a let down.
    Hey Niko, its your cousin! Let's go bowling!
  • FWR GeorgieFWR Georgie898,528
    Posted on 14 September 14 at 22:04
    I think double jumps would be cool
  • Posted on 14 September 14 at 22:12
    Fast travel, anyone?
  • Posted on 14 September 14 at 22:56
    SilentlyForgot said:Fast travel, anyone?This!

#2 is lame. I'm pretty sure I already have a couple medical kits kicking around the house in case of emergency. Just wrap up that nasty flesh wound and you're good to go again...
    Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
  • OdinAsteroidOdinAsteroid254,766
    Posted on 14 September 14 at 22:56
    omg, #1 gimme safe&reload!! nice list!
  • Posted on 14 September 14 at 23:08
    Hilarious list! Especially #3
    "There must be some way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
  • Posted on 14 September 14 at 23:22
    Great list!
  • Dmorpher5Dmorpher5247,578
    Posted on 14 September 14 at 23:41
    the only thing I would add is fast travel as an honorable mention.
  • The Ju1ceThe Ju1ce892,079
    Posted on 14 September 14 at 23:42, Edited on 14 September 14 at 23:43 by The Ju1ce
    SilentlyForgot said:Fast travel, anyone?This should be #1 on the list, especially if it's a version of fast travel that doesn't require having previously visited the location.
  • MtldMtld2,237,356
    Posted on 14 September 14 at 23:50
    #1 save point
    but for me, #2 = teleport!
  • MemoMemo342,151
    Posted on 15 September 14 at 00:13, Edited on 15 September 14 at 00:15 by Memo
    Top 2 I agree with, though the remaining places should have been made up with the honourable mentions! Good idea for a list though! :)

EDIT: Yeah, fast travel would have to be in there too!
    You are the Detectives; go... and detect.
  • HEXYDECIMALHEXYDECIMAL545,313
    Posted on 15 September 14 at 00:22
    No way i think skipping boring parts of our day would be awsome time to go to work skip ahhh days work is done
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.