Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Game Mechanisms For Real Life

• MonkeyZ666MonkeyZ666238,025
    Posted on 15 September 14 at 01:01
    Not really a message to the great article, but how are you enjoying my lovely little city of Maastricht or where you just on vacation?
  • Posted on 15 September 14 at 01:58
    Dialog tree is absolutely a need for this world! Spot on!
    Happy Completing! -Completionist
  • AkaDad555AkaDad555307,134
    Posted on 15 September 14 at 02:05
    DBD RockLobster said:Real-Life achievements should be #1! You could earn achievements for earning achievements for earning achievements! Such as 100G - unlock 3 achievements that require you to unlock every achievement in a game.X Play did a real life achievement skit. Oakland Raiders Fan achievement is my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJPv_QDXw14
  • Posted on 15 September 14 at 02:13
    Just give me a pause button.
  • supkrissupkris1,052,859
    Posted on 15 September 14 at 03:13
    Nice and interesting read
  • Posted on 15 September 14 at 03:56
    would dialogue trees only show up on my HUD or would the person im talking to see the conversational options?
    "how do i look in this? and so help me if you choose the renegade answer again im leaving you...."
    I see little green men.... mostly on traffic lights
  • HolyWarr27HolyWarr27613,277
    Posted on 15 September 14 at 04:59
    How about an unlimited carrying capacity?
    Cheat Codes?
    Having your actions be controlled by someone else holding a controller? (getting a button stuck or rubber banded would make things interesting.)

Finally, How about having the ability to kill, destroy, or cause harm to anyone you want and still be considered the "hero" of your game, LIFE?
  • Posted on 15 September 14 at 05:41
    AkaDad555 said:DBD RockLobster said:Real-Life achievements should be #1! You could earn achievements for earning achievements for earning achievements! Such as 100G - unlock 3 achievements that require you to unlock every achievement in a game.X Play did a real life achievement skit. Oakland Raiders Fan achievement is my favorite.

I was waiting for someone to post this. The s**t got wierd achchievement is my favorite. Gosh I miss X-Play...
    Jonathan McHugh
  • Posted on 15 September 14 at 06:37
    itz waz me said:who would want Dialog Trees?You have obviously never been married.... ;p
    The new dashboard sux!
  • AwooAwoo1,781,756
    Posted on 15 September 14 at 06:53
    Wouldn't mind a double jump myself.
    What can change the nature of a man?
  • Posted on 15 September 14 at 07:23
    A Level Select where you could go back and relive parts of your life would be awesome. Or even just be able to watch them over through your own eyes again.
    Don't be a lemon, be a rose bud.
  • Posted on 15 September 14 at 07:27
    What about gear and clothes like in RPGs actually radically improve you?

Yeah I'm wearing a pair of boots that make me run 15% faster, mean I can't ever be knocked over AND make me fireproof.

Great list by the way.
  • Sketchy77Sketchy77316,384
    Posted on 15 September 14 at 08:07
    Yep.

Save right before you go on a date, that way you can reload if you pick the wrong dialog option.

Dating made easy.
    Achievement Unlocked ~ Read My Signature 0G
  • Posted on 15 September 14 at 08:18
    i would really enjoy to use Cloaking Shields for visiting some women changing rooms.. :'D
  • SkinstakovicSkinstakovic540,521
    Posted on 15 September 14 at 08:41, Edited on 15 September 14 at 08:49 by Skinstakovic
    johannasceasara said:AkaDad555 said:DBD RockLobster said:Real-Life achievements should be #1! You could earn achievements for earning achievements for earning achievements! Such as 100G - unlock 3 achievements that require you to unlock every achievement in a game.X Play did a real life achievement skit. Oakland Raiders Fan achievement is my favorite.

I was waiting for someone to post this. The s**t got wierd achchievement is my favorite. Gosh I miss X-Play...
    Ewwww, says I can't play it here in the uk :(

EDIT: quick search found a host site that wasn't youtube. :)
    Skinstakovic, creating gaming harmony since 2007
  • OjotangoOjotango210,447
    Posted on 15 September 14 at 09:18
    Third person perspective.

Seems odd, but think about it - move the 'camera' about and you can see what's behind you! Also, if you're talking to someone really boring you can just check out the scenery without them knowing!
    So much for pathos...
  • YaziteYazite422,614
    Posted on 15 September 14 at 09:25
    Best Top five yet!
  • Posted on 15 September 14 at 10:59
    Awesome list, and a great idea whoever came up with it. Personally all I could think to add to it is sort of outside of gaming per se but an integral part of it now for a lot of us on this site especially.

Walkthrough's(and to a lesser extent solution guides).

That'd be number one on my list wink

Quick suggestion for a couple top 5's:

-Most realistic Physics engines/simulators.
    -Science fiction meets science fact.(you can figure out the details and what it even means yourselves lol, you hinted at it with google glass I think)
    -Desirable holiday destinations.

Keep up the good work,

Baron
    Dying is half the fun...!
  • matdanmatdan796,012
    Posted on 15 September 14 at 11:40
    BaronVonBrannan said:Awesome list, and a great idea whoever came up with it. Personally all I could think to add to it is sort of outside of gaming per se but an integral part of it now for a lot of us on this site especially.

Walkthrough's(and to a lesser extent solution guides).
    http://www.wikihow.com/Main-Page

Yep already done.

I would love to see the tagging system in Far Cry or Crysis added to real-life. Who wouldn't want to know where their boss was or significant others? Also cannot be tracked like other things.

Being able to evade the police with no consequences except tearing down posters and bribing the local newspapers. Maybe the not the best thing for people to have would be interesting to see though a bunch of cops walk by you like they never saw you before.

Assassin's Creed parkour because not many humans have the endurance or strength for these things. Imagine if you had the stamina and the strength of an assassin and only faced desynch when dying.
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,305,509
    Posted on 15 September 14 at 12:06
    New Game +
    250 achievements on old games for 1% increase.... soon be 90% >_<
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.